Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
where will Mitch Hyatt go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

where will Mitch Hyatt go

Apr 3, 2019, 7:20 PM

I am a Clemson grad and a Philly Eagles fan. I was just wondering why there hasn't been more "talk" about Mitch and where he might end up --- who is showing interest etc. I think a team could get a bargain by drafting him. I sincerely hope the Eagles pick up one of Clemson's d linemen. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where will Mitch Hyatt go

Apr 3, 2019, 7:30 PM

Mitch is listed as the 16th best offensive lineman available for the 2019 draft. Don’t see him going very high.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hyatt was one heck of a good left tackle for us and I'm so

Apr 4, 2019, 10:12 AM

thankful he chose Clemson. I do hope he has a long happy and healthy future in the Nfl

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Day 3 guy

Apr 3, 2019, 8:07 PM

Doesn’t have the measurables or the dominant tape you’d want for a high draft pick tackle. Think he’s a solid backup NFL OL that will stay around awhile.

I've heard that his entire career... Look back at all the DE

Apr 3, 2019, 8:21 PM

'studs' he's shut down... Those are the true "measurables"... As to "dominant tape", his shutdowns speak for themselves. Big press guy, no... Consistent for four straight years, yes. He's quietly and unassumingly WON!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've heard that his entire career... Look back at all the DE

Apr 3, 2019, 8:24 PM

The OP asked where he was going to go in the draft and I answered him. Unfortunately for him raw size and athleticism gets you farther in the draft than winning and consistency.

yeah...that was said

Apr 3, 2019, 9:48 PM

About Grady Jarrett, too. There are 'other' measurables that simply 'measure up'...but it takes real 'vision' to notice them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah...that was said

Apr 4, 2019, 6:21 AM

Other than playing for Clemson there’s really no comparison between Hyatt and Jarrett. The only thing holding Grady back was height, his strength, athleticism, and production were all NFL caliber. Get mad at me all you want I’m just telling you how he’s being viewed by draft people.

I understand that. Like I posted, the NFL gurus need to take

Apr 4, 2019, 6:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I've heard that his entire career... Look back at all the DE ]

everything into consideration. At left tackle, there's a major factor of feet and technique. Has he been beaten on a few plays?...Yea, over the course of 4 years starting from day 1. I stand by MY take. NFL gurus aren't all that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 10:02 PM

My guess . . . 4th or 5th round.

Question for the SME's

Apr 4, 2019, 12:20 AM

As a pro with his combine measurables, does M. Hyatt have more potential and opportunity as a Right Tackle or a Left Guard? TIA ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would think RT

Apr 4, 2019, 6:25 AM

Don’t think he has the punch to move inside and his strength is pass pro so you want him doing what he does best.

Apr 4, 2019, 8:53 AM

I think late third or early fourth. I think most NFL teams see him as a plug and play back-up who be trained to play guard and tackle.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:03 AM

Day 3 and may struggle to stick with a team. Anybody who doesn't see that is in denial. He's a very good NCAA OT and was instrumental in our success the past few years, but the NFL isn't interested in very good college players. They're interested in the best college players or players with elite athletic traits that suggest they haven't reached their ceiling yet because of unrefined technical traits. Hyatt has probably peaked because he's about as technically sound as you can get. NFL coaches can teach technique, they can't teach pure athletic ability. Think Barrett Jones: 4 year starter at Alabama, 3 national championships, and All-American nods at guard, tackle, and center. And even with all that, he fell to the 4th round, bounced around practice squads for 2 seasons, and has been out of the league for 3 years. And the knock on Jones coming out was superb technical abilities, but limited athleticism just like Hyatt.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic