Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
unc notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,623

unc notes

Sep 29, 2019, 6:19 PM

Not that we need another post about the game but I would like to hear Quozzel? Take.

But, unc has had recruiting classes from 20-29 the last 4 years. We all heard Dabo say we wanted that QB kid. They’re not a bad team. I guess fla beating Miami was a great win... per analysts. Unc beat them and now all of a sudden Miami stinks. Can’t have it both ways. Unc can easily end up 9-3.

Like it or not, brown’s a good coach. And he spent years analyzing Dabo. I remember a young Dabo with less talent than the opponent and beating them or taking them to the wire.

All that being said, they had a good game plan against us and did just enough to shorten the game. Did our mistakes let them hang around- certainly. In the end, Dabo’s happy with the W and so am I.

I beg to differ that Trevor’s in some sort of sophomore slump and tired of hearing it. 5 games and he’s only played one full game. Unless I’m mistaken, he’s only played in the 4th qtr once. By design, our offense has been very vanilla.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unc notes

Sep 29, 2019, 6:42 PM

Well, our offense has been vanilla for what reason ? We need to win conference games but we are vanilla ? What are we saving for ? Perhaps that is the problem. Our starters have not been playing enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kerrigan -- I really think 2000 hits on something here

Sep 29, 2019, 7:45 PM

When he asks why are we playing a vanilla game plan all season that does not showcase our skill players' talents? What story do you believe? Is it because:

- Dabo wants the Offense to struggle early learning new skill sets -- learning to block, running screen and under routes. (IAW, the ACC is so bad, Dabo has to manufacture some obstacles and the proverbial chip on the shoulder.)
- Is it because we are saving an aggressive game plan for our 6th, 7th or 8th game? The playoffs?

Of course, Clemson fans owe Coach Swinney a big debt of gratitude which he's earned with coaching hires, recruiting, developing player leaders and big game planning. But the rest of the country, fans, media and poll voters owe Dabo and Clemson nothing. They are looking for football teams with coaches and players who put effort into every week & game to produce and show not hide their skill sets … the "so-called eye test".

As for our skill players, are they really satisfied with always putting national individual awards to the side to less capable SEC/B1G/Big 12 players (Mayfield, Murray, Hurts, Fields) so Clemson can play vanilla game plans with closer games and our 3rd string WR's and DB's getting their reps? They really have no say.

So I'm asking if Clemson coaching strategy is emphasizing vanilla game plans and maximizing the playing reps of substitutes, how are our top players incentivized to optimize success on the field that the coaches deemphasize? Remember these are still kids who are seeing the natl media dismiss them. But we keep winning. I would like to see Dabo and OC's open up the game plan to demonstrate not cap the talents of our top players and let them enjoy some deserved recognition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unc notes

Sep 29, 2019, 6:49 PM

Pretty obvious that TL isn’t playing well. That’s not saying he won’t get past it. I certainly think he will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is a quozzle***

Sep 29, 2019, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is a quozzle***

Sep 29, 2019, 7:35 PM

He just answered it about 10 minutes ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,623
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic