Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice

Dec 27, 2013, 3:45 PM

Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice

Dec 27, 2013, 3:49 PM

Swinney said that "We aren't on the mountain top but we can see it."

And this is why he should talk less. the 5 out of 10 remark versus FSU and 0-5 versus the coots and then this gem today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ummmm...what are you talking about...?

Dec 27, 2013, 4:01 PM

where are you trying to go with that comment anyways?
a "gem" of a comment...?

i think it's a great comment & testament to our program...
ALL our players are academically correct & bowl eligible!!!

not many programs can claim that! it affected us last year (Bryant)...but won't this year! With our receivers this OB shouldn't even be close...step up D & stuff the QB run gaps!!! that's all we need & an A-game from Tajh!!!

tiger74: you're obviously a Dabo hater...

2 more wins this year over our top-ranked rivals & we're in the Nat'l Championship!!!

Re: ummmm...what are you talking about...?

Dec 27, 2013, 4:04 PM

I like Dabo. Im an 0-5 versus the coots hater. A tanking to FSU hater. trying to pass a good season off as a great one with those two glaring failures is just snake oil sales and I dont like that.

He needs to coach more and talk less

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think you are interpreting his comments correctly

Dec 27, 2013, 4:07 PM

"we're not on the mountaintop" - we're not great
"we're looking at it" - we have the possibility to get better and be great

Couldn't agree more.

Even if we had beaten the coots I could not have said we were great. I hate losing to them to but our time will return.

People that dislike Dabo always interpert his comments

Dec 27, 2013, 4:35 PM

incorrectly. Regardless of what he says, it is wrong just like when Bowden was here. I think they all lived for the press conferences so they could nitpik every comment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the feeling you just don' t like to hear him

Dec 27, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: ummmm...what are you talking about...? ]

or read his words at all. I don't expect a lot from any coaches' public statements. Dabo is always talking in hyperbole and euphemisms. And he always gets behind his team and each player when interviewed (5 out of 10 for example). So he's corny. Not such a big deal.

We'll see how much he grows (he's only 44!) as a HC or if he's at his peak in the next year or two.

Fun fact

Dec 27, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: ummmm...what are you talking about...? ]

Dabo is 1-5 against them as a head coach.

Also, here's a nice little tidbit for you:

Our beloved coach Frank Howard was 13-15-2 against SC. This includes a stretch from 1946-1954 where he was 1-7-1.

Re: Fun fact

Dec 27, 2013, 4:47 PM

and most all of his games w them were played in Columbia.

Those games were in front of 17,600 people

Dec 27, 2013, 6:02 PM

When you consider the fact that it's not too far from Clemson to Columbia, I'd hardly call that "homefield advantage"

Re: Those games were in front of 17,600 people

Dec 27, 2013, 6:42 PM

considering not all Clemson fans live in Clemson, it could be a long way to travel especially since there was not interstate. I-26 was not completed until 1969. At that time people that had cars thought 20 miles was a long trip

Excellent response.....

Dec 27, 2013, 7:51 PM

until the late '50's/early '60's, it was a several hour trip to get from Clemson to Columbia. And despite the fact there was only around 20,000 people in attendance, the vast majority were chickenfans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then by that same logic..

Dec 27, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Those games were in front of 17,600 people ]

What about Clemson fans that lived in the area? And what about SC fans that didnt live around? You can use hthe logic of "easy travel" either way.

Even so, arent we splitting hairs a bit? If you were to put SO MUCH emphasis on homefield advantage, wouldnt more of our fans be not so worried about losing the last 3 trips to Columbia? Not to mention, back then most teams were run heavy so Im not so sure the crowd noise would have that much of an effect.

Re: Fun fact

Dec 28, 2013, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Fun fact ]

Frank Howard was never my beloved Coach...He was average at best ..but much like Dabo ..He was quite the baby kisser and healer of all men... He knew what to say to keep his bosses happy ... A shrewd man no doubt..

Dec 27, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice ]

"There is no new injuries to report. " That is just embarrassing. I volunteer Hartins to proof read for them. (He's smart)!

Dec 28, 2013, 8:45 AM

I noted the error, too. That statement may be what Dabo actually said, or it could be a miss quote by Mickey or one of the staff. That does happen, too, and if you read lots of the reports on here there are many grammatical errors. This isn't a board for English Majors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looking at our past record against FSU, home & away...

Dec 27, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice ]

we basically flip-flopped wins over the last decade until they beat us the last 2 times...

how can you say that his 5 of 10 comment isn't legit???

If we hadn't thrown them 4 pics, we probably would've beaten FSU this year!

without even 3 of our 6 gift-INTs against the coots...WE WIN that too, definitely!

2 wins away from undefeated season...YES WE CAN SEE THE MOUNTAINTOP!!! take off the garnet colored glasses off brother...we're doing OK!

GO TIGERS!!!

i do agree that i like winning too & we need to not blow the

Dec 27, 2013, 4:12 PM

big-time games on a major stage or we'll never beat the stigma of "clemsoning".

i personally see us going in the right direction if we can continue to improve & win those huge games more consistently...(always preferably!!!)

Really dude, you should talk less***

Dec 27, 2013, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice ]

He is telling like it is.***

Dec 27, 2013, 6:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I criticize Dabo's mouth all the time, but...

Dec 28, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Dabo Swinney after practice ]

to say that the mountain comment is bad is ridiculous. How on Earth is that bad? He is just saying we have not met our goals but we are alot closer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I criticize Dabo's mouth all the time, but...

Dec 28, 2013, 7:03 PM

Let's GO Blabo !!!! Let's Go Blabo !!!! better enjoy him while you can ...before Texas or Alabama hire him..

Dec 27, 2013, 4:09 PM

Ahhhh another guote from dabo for the morons to dissect. Sorry I want a proud and confident coach. Smfh

Dabo is right. We are approaching the top of the

Dec 27, 2013, 4:18 PM

mountain. Just gotta keep battling and stay consistent. Those top 10 teams we lost to this year is all that stand in our way. Once past them we will be at or on the top.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 27, 2013, 4:51 PM

When we once again start whipping the coots it may be a streak of epic proportions. Their little run is about to be history. It should have ended this year. Recruiting will take care of the streak

Dabo is a PI***

Dec 27, 2013, 4:58 PM

Dabo is a pumper plain and simple

Dec 27, 2013, 5:00 PM

It isn't a bad thing. And it probably is a good thing. There is no doubt his personality is attractive to recruits and coaches our we wouldn't be where we are from a personnel standpoint.

If a pumper gets us 10-11 wins per season...

Dec 27, 2013, 6:08 PM

...then I say break out the pom-poms.

He may be a pumper, but

Dec 27, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Dabo is a pumper plain and simple ]

it's better to be a pumper than poor-mouther. Just think of Loose Holtz when he was coaching. He acted like he was playing the Nat'l Champ every week. Another thing is that Dabo doesn't throw his players under the bus. Let him put a positive spin on things. Nothing to be gained by negative talk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^

Dec 27, 2013, 6:25 PM

What do you mean coach more and talk less? It's his freakn nightly presser after every practice. He does this nightly. You need to get over the losses and move fwd to bowl game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not bashing Dabo for being a pumper

Dec 27, 2013, 6:46 PM

Just saying it is what it is. People need to stop getting bent every time we hear him say the glass is half full.

More like dork74 change your name***

Dec 29, 2013, 4:18 PM

You prefer drunk coaches with no character***

Dec 29, 2013, 4:19 PM

Dec 29, 2013, 5:55 PM

We better be getting there! Less than a week

Replies: 33