Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the new transfer portal it would be more beneficial for BB to stop recruiting HS kids
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,162

With the new transfer portal it would be more beneficial for BB to stop recruiting HS kids

May 21, 2019, 5:00 PM

Looking at the transfer portal, there are a lot of highly rated players from good programs that want playing time. They can go to any school unless they were recruited by that school. If Brownlee just quits recruiting from high school all together, he could pick from anyone on the list...and there's over 700 players in it. We could choose from older guys that have already had success, but might want to play more or just play in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the new transfer portal it would be more beneficial for BB to stop recruiting HS kids

May 21, 2019, 5:17 PM

This well help a coach like Brownell way more than it will hurt him at this point. But after he gets enough good players from transfers and proves he can coach a winning team, he will then start getting top players out of HS, and that is when the transfer portal will affect him also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a good theory, but the definition of success is still

May 21, 2019, 5:34 PM

going to have to match up with our team needs. there are a lot of players that want to play in the ACC that won't be successful here. We usually need a player like Blackshear from VaTech to want to come in as a transfer, but that guy didn't give us a look. I'm grateful for Reed, Mitchell, Thomas, Skara, Holmes and Donnal but unless the transfer portal is really a focus of the recruiting strategy, we will miss on more than we land...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's a good theory, but the definition of success is still

May 21, 2019, 8:42 PM

Completely understand what you're saying but, Brownell is a good coach, and what has hurt him more at Clemson than anything else, is getting talented HS players to come to Clemson. Once he proves, and he will with these talented transfer players, that he can win, getting talented HS players will change for Clemson. I say Clemson bc it's been more about Clemson and our history of not being a basketball school that hurts us more than a coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the new transfer portal it would be more beneficial for BB to stop recruiting HS kids

May 21, 2019, 5:47 PM

So do you think you are being cute by calling him some other name? I had hoped all of you rude pseudo-tigers had moved on to some other board. Coach Brad Brownell is his name. I wish nothing but the best for CBB and the entire Tiger basketball program. Go Tigers!!!!

Geez. I bet you're fun to be around

May 21, 2019, 6:08 PM

That's a long running joke. Lighten up buttercup.

Interesting idea. Call em the

May 21, 2019, 6:16 PM

Slab Commancheros.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's doing about 50% of that already***

May 21, 2019, 6:40 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,162
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic