Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
sorry to break ranks but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

sorry to break ranks but

Jul 19, 2019, 1:21 PM

Trump's tweet was racist (or at least design to inspire racists) and that crowd chanting send her back made me ashamed to be American.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When other people make you ashamed of your nationality,

Jul 19, 2019, 1:23 PM

you've wedded entirely too much of your self-worth to other people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When other people make you ashamed of your nationality,

Jul 20, 2019, 11:07 AM

This is a brilliant quote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When other people make you ashamed of your nationality,

Jul 20, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to When other people make you ashamed of your nationality, ]

Joseph McCarthy made many people ashamed of being Amrican. So did the My Lai Massacre.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to worry less about "ranks"

Jul 19, 2019, 1:31 PM

in terms of what "team" we are on, and just say what we feel is right.

oh I agree with that completely***

Jul 19, 2019, 1:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed

Jul 19, 2019, 1:46 PM

We can disagree on dang near everything politically without trying to excuse that sort of behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see the upside for the defender...

Jul 19, 2019, 1:53 PM

I don't get why they would want to defend it. All it does is make the sully the defender's reputation. It's unnecessary.

Looked like a Klan rally.***

Jul 19, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looked like a Klan rally.***

Jul 20, 2019, 11:09 AM

The Klan was founded by democrats so those would be democrats.

Lulz. The Democratic Party in 1865.***

Jul 21, 2019, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lulz. The Democratic Party in 1865.***

Jul 21, 2019, 3:47 PM

Lol @ 1965. You are 100 years too early.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry to break ranks but

Jul 19, 2019, 2:08 PM

Obviously, people are going to go back and forth on whether or not it is racist. However, regardless of anyone's opinion on that, the attitude is shameful.

To dismiss an American's views because you disagree with them and call for them to return to their ancestor's native country is flat-out ignorant and un-American. Trump and his supporters are also hypocrites in this arena as their whole campaign slogan and rallying cry insinuated America sucked and needed to be fixed.

Few things show a person's idiocy more than, "if you don't like it, leave!"

Come back to the sane side, Alex. Dump Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yes, my first thought (and main thought)

Jul 19, 2019, 2:35 PM

Was that it was a hateful thing to say, not a racist thing to say. The former is bad enough as it is, and there is really no desire in my mind to try to further categorize it.

Arguing if it's racist or xenophobic is to miss the point.***

Jul 19, 2019, 6:53 PM

Few things show a person's idiocy more than

Jul 19, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry to break ranks but ]

saying, "I'll leave the country if [he] is elected president." What's worse is that they don't leave and prove themselves to be liars.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Few things show a person's idiocy more than

Jul 20, 2019, 4:31 PM

Yeah, I think that's stupid, too. I assume by your clapback, you agree with the stupid statement of "If you don't like it, leave!"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Few things show a person's idiocy more than

Jul 20, 2019, 9:33 PM

Depends on who is saying it. If an illegal alien, then they should leave. If here legally, then, by all means, stay and work to make it better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're discussing natural born American citizens.***

Jul 21, 2019, 12:22 PM

Does that mean they are here legally?

Jul 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

I just assume by your clapback you might have something else in mind as you indicate you didn't agree with my comment. Because, if if they are here legally, my original response answers your question.

re: your last line

Jul 19, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry to break ranks but ]

but he's made me so much money and cut my taxes soooo much.

There's a whole lot of selective "Americanism" at play these

Jul 19, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry to break ranks but ]

days.

Don't like the country? Go back to where you're from.

Don't like the President? Not my President.

Don't like the way people voted? They must be inbred deplorables or commie scum.

Don't understand someone's immigration viewpoint? They must be racists or America-hating saboteurs.

We've stopped even pretending to be empathetic, much less viewing it as a desirable trait. It's something weak people do in 2019, and an unyielding and unwavering judgmental viewpoint on a topic, any topic, is somehow a sign of true character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's depressing to watch Americans on both sides of an

Jul 19, 2019, 3:07 PM

artificial divide seemingly wanting to destroy this country from the inside on a daily basis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's an actual divide and it's not symmetrical.***

Jul 19, 2019, 6:55 PM

Dump Trump? For who?

Jul 19, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry to break ranks but ]

Mark Sanford? OK I'll listen. Not much, but whatev...

Anyone running for the democratic nomination? Please. The Old Ball Sac would have a better chance to get a Clemson City Council seat than any of them has for POTUS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

How sad that you feel the need to apologize.***

Jul 19, 2019, 6:49 PM

Tough ####

Jul 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

If you ask to sleep on my couch because you need a place to stay, don’t walk in and tell me I need to buy new furniture, change the carpet, paint the walls, etc., and then pi$$ on my couch. Show some gratitude and thank your lucky stars you didn’t have to sleep on the street again that night.

Your argument is asinine

This isn't just your house.

Jul 20, 2019, 12:33 PM

It never was just *YOUR* house. This is *OUR* house, and we invited in a guest a while ago. She needed a place to stay, and we had a spare couch. After a while we got together as a group of housemates and decided to ask her to be a permanent member of the house. We told her that her voice mattered as much as anyone else's and invited her to be part of making decisions for the house. We told her that her voice mattered and asked her to be part of making this house a better place to live. Of course, being a big house, not everyone agrees on how best to keep making it better, and some folks long for the time when there were less folks in the house (and even more pointedly there are some folks who wish everyone in the house would think like them), but we hear all voices and have a system in place for making decisions when folks disagree.

And there are some of us in the house who think the metaphorical "pissing on the couch" is being done by the folks who think any housemate who disagrees with them should shut up or move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drop the megaphone... +1.***

Jul 21, 2019, 7:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 5:05 PM

I agree. I have never felt bad about the USA until lately. It's tragic who we are. I didn't think it was who we are. It's surprising.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:37 PM

This post and thread are so soft. I am embarrassed for you.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:13 PM

Good assessment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are now confirmed as not being racist.

Jul 21, 2019, 12:35 PM

That will last until you criticize one of the damsels at which time they will cry the racist attacked me because I'm nonwhite and I've become a victim. Ask Pelosi for further explanation.

Trump is an askhole but he's always been an askhole. He was probably born an askhole and he will probably die an askhole but it's not racist to say love it or leave it. I've had that slung in my face many times along with every other kid with long hair in the 1960s. Rude as chit but it's not racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic