Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so basically, from what i read in the article and statement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,399

so basically, from what i read in the article and statement

Jan 3, 2019, 6:31 PM

by the university, we have done nothing in terms of trying to get these players reinstated? Do others see it like that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...i see it as they don't have the proof they need yet

Jan 3, 2019, 6:39 PM

Lab tests are not always as fast as you want them to be. They may have sent many products to be tested.

valid points, and i may be wrong.***

Jan 3, 2019, 6:42 PM

preatty much. Don’t want to stir NCAA pot

Jan 3, 2019, 6:43 PM

they would love to hammer us, because we don’t fight back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so basically, from what i read in the article and statement

Jan 3, 2019, 6:44 PM

We are playing mind games, this is just to distract Bama. Come Monday around noon breaking news will hit that DL will play that we found the source and the NCAA approved it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 7:17 PM

I don’t think for a minute Dabo hasn’t been working on this to the point of it being a distraction. What can you do? If they cannot find where this came from it’s doubtful DL plays another snap and the other 2 will miss next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 7:22 PM

I have heard that all three have legal representatives and I suspect they have a better take on how to proceed than most of us would,including the athletic dept.These kids about have to prove that what ever got in their system was not intentional but they first and foremost have to figure out,prove,what that source is and that can’t be done quickly

Jan 3, 2019, 7:31 PM

I can only speculate. But two points.

1) possible we could not provide a new sample that was clean

2) have not found the source so the only defense that could be proved would be someone associated with Clemson Athletics provided something that contained the substance and the players didn’t know or were misinformed - in that case the NCAA could sanction Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 7:31 PM

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a legal process and I can't imagine it would

Jan 3, 2019, 7:37 PM

move quickly. Dabo knew there was little chance an appeal would be complete in time for Big Dex. the focus is on the other two players.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

They’ve only known about this for two weeks

Jan 3, 2019, 7:41 PM

Unfortunately, it's a slow process....

Jan 3, 2019, 8:06 PM

....it would be nice if they had found the smoking gun and the announcement went like this:

"We believe we have found the source of the trace amounts of Osterine in a few of our football players. We discovered some of our players had been using X-brand vitamin supplement that they purchased from GNC. This particular product is not marked as containing Osterine but was tested and proven to contain trace amounts of Osterine. There is speculation that the vitamins are manufactured at the same Chinese factory that also manufactures a product purposely containing Osterine. Likely, there was cross-contamination in the form of trace amounts of residue from a prior production run of an supposed unrelated product using the same machinery. We are looking into it further but this should serve as a warning to all consumers of vitamin products produced in China and factories with poor QC process that you may be consuming more than what the label says. In light of this development we are asking the NCAA to reinstate these young athletes who unknowing consumed these contaminated vitamins. Do the right thing NCAA, do not prevent these young men from participating in the event of their lifetimes because an issue that no reasonable person could likely have avoided"

"p.s. you mamby pamby useless NCAA excuss with no teeth; not only are you incompetent but the fact that a years long investigation of UNCheat revealed that that institution violated nearly every ethical rule in the book but wasn't held accountable shows how useless your organization is."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, it's a slow process....

Jan 3, 2019, 9:00 PM

We'd have to pin down the source at least 48 hours before kickoff, yet we haven't ruled out the dentist, chicken Mcnuggets, muscle milk, soy ink in textbooks, deodorant, cheap sunglasses, kale, asbestos ceilings, coffee, the saline tank, towel lint, phone chargers, or several million other things.

We will just have to depend on these three guys in a support role Monday night, and keep working to clear them however long it takes.

ClemBert - You sound angry...

Jan 3, 2019, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, it's a slow process.... ]

and so am I. I approve your opinion!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 8:14 PM

You don't start your appeal until you know you can prevail. As others have stated, it will take time. I hate it for the players.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,399
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic