Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
people with kids accepted to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

people with kids accepted to Clemson

Dec 27, 2018, 9:23 PM

do you know what their gpa's and test scores were

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: people with kids accepted to Clemson

Dec 27, 2018, 9:29 PM

Yes. Mine just got his acceptance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 9:46 PM

if they just want to get in easy way just go to tri county and transfer over

Dec 27, 2018, 9:47 PM

In recent history it seems applicants have needed to be within the top 10% of their high school class, at least 1200 SAT, and have numerous extra curricular activities on their resume. Being an Eagle Scout for boys or helping little old ladies cross the road for girls has been a plus. I know high school honor graduates who were offered the Bridge Program instead of full acceptance.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:54 PM

yes there is no real answer how you get straight in mine is part native american that helps too and went to small school

Dec 28, 2018, 9:21 AM

Elizabeth Warren wrote a letter huh?

They have a formula

Dec 27, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: people with kids accepted to Clemson ]

High school rank/percentile adjusted for the quality of the school (about 75%) and SAT or ACT. Even with a super high SAT a low class rank will mean no acceptance. I believe the targets are adjusted for minorities. I don’t believe legacy or activities mean diddly unless family donates major bucks to academic fund.

Re: They have a formula

Dec 27, 2018, 10:03 PM

Legacy means absolutely nothing.

Extra years of science, math, English, and AP/Dual Credit are huge.

Also, you better apply into a major that's not full!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 10:19 PM

US New's annual report on all colleges lists that type of info.

Dec 27, 2018, 11:43 PM

The students getting accepted now tend to have exceptionally high test scores and GPAs, going into the Honors College. The vast majority of students will not be receiving acceptance letters until the week of February 15th. My daughter is a senior at River Bluff here in Lexington, top of her class, AP/Honors student, involved in athletics. Both of her parents are Clemson graduates. But her SAT scores are right below 1300, so we’ve been told she’s right on the bubble, because the number of applicants has exploded over the past three years. She’s been accepted to Auburn, but she wants more than anything to be a Clemson Tiger.

Huge number of applicants

Dec 28, 2018, 4:46 AM

29,000 for a class of 3,500.....next year they're expecting 35,000 applicants for the same size class.....

If you get accepted at Clemson, you're at the top....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 5:28 AM

My son got early acceptance and will graduate in May with an engineering degree and two business minors through the honors college; daughter got Bridge and ended up transferring to CofC for pre-med.

Using his resume, it seemed to help that he was heavy in math/science and APs at a high school (Spring Valley) that sends a lot of kids to Clemson. His SAT was 1390, class rank was top 7%, and he had lots of sports and activities mixed in. Slam dunk candidate.

My daughter had much less rigor in her transcript. I assume her activities helped with Bridge, or perhaps legacy and IPTAY giving moved her up. Hard to say. In the end it all worked out for her. She’s happy in Charleston.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Impressive! I know you are very proud of both.***

Dec 28, 2018, 5:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 6:19 AM

My son got his acceptance in November. 1460 SAT, top 2% class (Wando).

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 6:25 AM

As I stated above. My Son got his acceptance into the engineering program on the 26th. He is #1 in his class at a small Christian school. 1340 on the SAT. A ton of sports and extra curricular stuff like student government. He also went through the PACE program and will go in with about a semester and a half of college credit. We are IPTAY members and season ticket holders but I don’t think that means much honestly.
I don’t know if this means anything or not but a friend of his is 3rd in their class. Doesn’t have much extra curricular stuff but does have 1390 on the SAT. He has not been accepted yet. I understand that the early acceptance kids generally get their package right around Christmas.

Dec 28, 2018, 7:45 AM

My daughter was accepted with a 6 month delay to the college of engineering with a 30 ACT (roughly equivalent to 1350 SAT) and top 5% in her class, out of state candidate from Ohio, 4 year letterman in golf and holds all her HS golf records, tons of other EC, medium sized HS with 1000 students.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are some numbers from a 2017 Clemson press release:

Dec 28, 2018, 8:27 AM

http://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarelations/clemson-welcomes-class-of-2021/

Also an article from the Anderson Independent Mail with more up to date info:

https://www.independentmail.com/story/news/2018/11/18/clemson-university-application-process/1845017002/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 8:57 AM

I just got accepted with a 33 on the ACT and a 4.75 GPA on a 5 point scale, which is around the top 6% of my high school class. From the research I have done, test scores and class rank are by far the most important criteria that Clemson looks at. Extracurricular activities will help some, but Clemson really wants high test scores and students that were in the top 10% of their high school class.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic