Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Climate change is a Hoax invented by China
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Climate change is a Hoax invented by China

Jul 19, 2019, 9:29 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-doonbeg-ireland-permission-to-build-wall-for-golf-course-2017-12

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, turns out the Irish are paying for his wall

Jul 19, 2019, 9:36 PM

a seawall at any rate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This guy is really worried about...

Jul 19, 2019, 9:42 PM

his granchildrens, granchillins, grandchilliumS!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ This guy is really worried about...

Jul 19, 2019, 9:46 PM

a rise of 2 degrees Celsius and my town is under water. I will probably buy a few miles west of here and will have ocean front when I retire.

lol or you can just wait it out.***

Jul 19, 2019, 9:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol or you can just wait it out.***

Jul 19, 2019, 9:54 PM

My boss is just as confident as you, he is building his house on an island in the St Lucie River.

Thanks for your service.***

Jul 19, 2019, 10:08 PM

you do know what an exponential curve is, right?

Jul 19, 2019, 10:14 PM

Is that the working man's money since Tramp?***

Jul 19, 2019, 10:18 PM

Yes I do.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to you do know what an exponential curve is, right? ]

Yet your axes are Linear...

-Dr. Nikola Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

not from 2010 on, that is methane being released

Jul 20, 2019, 9:34 AM

and funny how you can see the little bump during WW2 on there, but just a coincidence i am sure. Any way, that sucker spears to be pointing straight up.

I wish it were not true and was a hoax.

Re: not from 2010 on, that is methane being released

Jul 20, 2019, 9:47 AM

If the permafrost thaws the release will be huge, along with unknown pathogens. Just saying whatever the reason behind the warming it is gonna be bad for humans as a whole.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:53 AM

that is what is happening now, and frozen methane on the ocean floor is warming and being released as well. This is what scientist mean when they say when that we have hit a tipping point that can not be reversed.

and we are not talking about the end of the species, just sheer chaos and the mass migration of billions of people being that most of the earth's population lives on the coast. If you think global immigration problems are bad now, wait and see 20 years from now.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:01 AM

Coming far sooner with the list of cities and areas I posted previously that are running out of water.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:04 AM

The mass migration issue will be huge and will end with war,resource grabs and lethal force applied at borders. To think otherwise will only end with a rinse and repeat of the problem as those coming consume the resources of where they arrive.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

well I know one thing, building walls will not stop this.

But I have faith in our irrational species.

there are currently plans to dig canals in to below sea level deserts in Africa, into the black sea, and other regions below sea level to displace water from our rising ocean. If we can build the Panama canal, we can do this.

Scientists are also hard at work developing carbon sequestration methods, as well as proposals to put misting devices on all of our shipping vessels that spray sea water into the air and create low lying fog over the pacific that will help reflect sunlight.

We are an innovative species, unfortunately we tend to wait until the last minute to solve our problems. And for me, climate change and nuclear war are the two biggest existential threats we face right now.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:36 AM

Still would posit that given expected growth rates in population by adding 3 billion by 2050 is not gonna help matters one little bit. If we truly are a huge part of the problem then we gotta do something on that front too. Modern life requires polluting, from production of goods, growing food and providing housing. Was watching a show on National Geographic the other day and it said we concrete over an area the size of England every 10 years.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:05 AM

I am not going to get into much detail here, but our policies seem dead set on killing off half of our species. So you may get your wish.

But I disagree, with a drastic change in our energy policy and a more intelligent management of resources, we can support our current population with ease.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:10 AM

It is not my wish per se but a conclusion looking at stats and what is happening. While we may be able to support current populations, I will repsectively disagree based upon water resources, it does not account for 3 billion more by 2050. All the things you propose are fine or what others are looking at but population growth of almost 50% by 2050 sure disrupts most of them.

Oddly Dubai has already solved this problem.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:18 AM

https://www.quora.com/Where-does-Dubai-get-its-water-from

they can desalinate at the cost of 50 cents per cubic meter which is far cheaper than distilling and transporting it from the great lakes. That is how a city is able to thrive in the middle of an inhospitable dessert.

Re: Oddly Dubai has already solved this problem.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:23 PM

One thing, they use what is basically slave labor to do it, also when they built it and use State owned power to convert it. Gotta find a place with more realistic figures , there are several in California and I know they are in fact expensive.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Oddly Dubai has already solved this problem. ]

https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/uploadedFiles/CPUC_Public_Website/Content/About_Us/Organization/Divisions/Policy_and_Planning/PPD_Work/PPD_Work_Products_(2014_forward)/PPD%20-%20Production%20costs%20for%20new%20water.pdf

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/01/23/turning-ocean-into-drinking-water-how-it-works-what-it-costs-and-is-it-safe/

All are way higher than Dubai, sadly many look at their solutions and what they have built as great without ever knowing the costs in how it was accomplished. Without what is slave labor to build and maintain most of what they have is not cost effective. Was over in that part of the world for a long time, went to Dubai once and was kinda disgusted by it.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Oddly Dubai has already solved this problem. ]

Then there is the undoubted impact upon the oceans.

https://pacinst.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/desal-marine-imapcts-full-report-1.pdf

Jul 20, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: not from 2010 on, that is methane being released ]

Then there is that sticky question of who should be allowed to exist, a person eeking out an existance with little to no carbon footprint or someone like me who has a whole lot bigger one. My fuel costs per week for being on the lake most likely are greater than that dirt poor dude in 6-12 months.

You do know what an insufficient sample is, don't you?

Jul 20, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to you do know what an exponential curve is, right? ]

According to most wild guesses the earth is billions of years old. Your sample is really impressive considering it 1/454.3 billionth.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I know the earth is in a warming trend but science has no idea how warm it will get, how long it will continue or how to stop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do know what an insufficient sample is, don't you?

Jul 20, 2019, 9:45 AM

these are actual measurements, you know, observable science? we also have ice core samples going back 100s of thousand of years that prove that we are accelerating this process. Or are you calling NASA FOS?

Re: You do know what an insufficient sample is, don't you?

Jul 20, 2019, 9:53 AM

On those ice core samples there is an interesting thing. At one time I could pull up a graph going back 20k years that showed a statistical varience of 1 degree over or under mean. It was removed when the climate change issue became such a topic. It was on the NOAA site and now for the life of me I am unable to find it . Along with a graph going back 750k years on the earths warming / cooling cycle. Peak to peak was right at 150k years as I remember . Sure wish I was able to locate those as I did not archive them to my computer.

I love science more than I show.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:42 AM

According to 'established science,' of 'climate change,' and 'evolution,' this world is not long before it is covered with water which will result in humans growing gills, fins and scales and we'll all swim to our glorious conclusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love science more than I show.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:14 AM

we are accelerating this progress. On a geological time scale, the period since the industrial revolution is not even a blink.

But if it gets you to sleep at night believing that this is an anomaly that will correct itself, go ahead. But the science has been settled for over 70 years. Internal memos from Exxon mobile confirm this. Put a few drinks in Rex Tillerson and he would probably tell you the same.

I offered you a rose.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:56 PM

If you are right humans will adapt and evolve when it become necessary. If I am right the planet will return to as it was before rain in the day of Noah. Previously the plants got their water from the mist or you'd call it dew from heavy fog.

Re: I offered you a rose.

Jul 21, 2019, 6:53 AM

You go ahead pray climate change away if you think it will help. And I hope it does.

Tbaby,

Jul 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

I'm just passing through this world on my journey home.

Re: lol or you can just wait it out.***

Jul 20, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: lol or you can just wait it out.*** ]

Well, even ole Al Gore bought oceanfront in Ca. Just saying.........

Re: ^^^ This guy is really worried about...

Jul 20, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ This guy is really worried about... ]

OR...... build closer to the ocean on 30 foot piers made of concrete,put in a dock and when the water rises declare yourself a sovereign nation and stop paying taxes.

China hasn't invent climate change.

Jul 19, 2019, 9:52 PM

They probably hacked in Al Gore's server and stole the idea from him.

Re: China hasn't invent climate change.

Jul 19, 2019, 9:57 PM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/265895292191248385

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well,

Jul 19, 2019, 10:38 PM

even I can't spin that one.

That's a different slant on the topic...

Jul 20, 2019, 5:45 AM

nm....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Youbitch about what Trump said.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: China hasn't invent climate change. ]

How about attack the problem? THE CHINESE!!

Go over and raisehell at 'em. You won't have to come back and tell us how it worked out for you. Your coffin in a PACER Stacktrain at a Savannah Intermodal will say it all.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Florida in 40 years

Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 AM

Re: Florida in 40 years

Jul 20, 2019, 2:09 PM

well i cannot afford Jupiter island, but thanks for posting, now i know where to buy.

Jul 21, 2019, 12:44 AM

I personally believe it’s hard to access global warming rates because you have an intangible like the ability of cloud seeding. Its a relatively easy method and of done on a massive worldwide scale, it could reverse years of “global warming” in a short period of time.

Jul 21, 2019, 6:57 AM

there are a lot of good ideas, but unless we seriously cut down and eventually limit fossil fuel consumption, all the sequestration techniques and cloud seeding are not going to move the sticks by themselves.

Certainly cutting down the rain forests in brazil is not helping, redwoods are some of the the best at storing carbon.

Re: Climate change is a Hoax invented by China

Jul 20, 2019, 2:16 PM

What gets lost in all this is that the mature economies have already raped the environment to get where we are today. Those that aspire to become better off are in a quandry because they do not have the means to green tech expansion and are clear cutting forrests for development. We and others have shipped off the envornmentally bad manufacturing to those places with little to no EPA type regulations.

Jul 20, 2019, 7:43 PM

The problem with Trump supporter is that they know Trump lies to them, and they don't care. As long as he's attacking 'libs' then it's all good.

File that in the myopic folder.

Yeah, he tore me a new one with his lies...

Jul 20, 2019, 8:58 PM

about keeping my doctor, insurance and my premiums not increasing. I don't recall you complaining about that Trump lie.

certainly did not help that the GOP collectively

Jul 21, 2019, 7:01 AM

Undermined that bill, and the Insurance companies refused to support the bill unless they removed the public option and included the mandate. The two most unpopular provisions of that law came out of the insurance lobby, let alone Republicans governors blocking Medicaid expansion which crippled the law and further bankrupted rural hospitals. But my opinion is that Obama was a pvssy and made too many concessions to big business. He certainly was not a hope and change president, enter trump....

But trump tells more lies in a week than Obama told in a year. You are comparing apples to hand grenades. And Obama's behavior does not excuse trump.

Jul 21, 2019, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Climate change is a Hoax invented by China ]

You are an ignorant idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic