Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it such a problem to buy something to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,526

Why is it such a problem to buy something to

Nov 22, 2015, 9:34 AM

eat inside Death Valley? The concession process is worst than the crappy meltdown lack of knowledge by the SC State Troopers to allow traffic to flow.

The people behind the concession stands were standing around bumping into each other. They need a calculator to figure out that two cheeseburgers and a soda is $16.00 and not sure how much change they should hand back when a $20.00 bill is given to them. They need to have an order taker, a person to grab the food and someone to take the money.

The 4 lanes of traffic flowing out of highway 93 is never stopped to allow traffic from the side streets to enter onto highway 93. How hard is it to have stop watches and let the traffic flow for 10 minutes then stop the watch and traffic then let side streets traffic flow for 10 minutes. I don't need to see a SC State trooper's flashlight telling me to go straight just standing there waving his flashlight. Traffic lights do the same thing.

Go Tigers! 11-0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concessions workers are volunteers using it as an opportunity

Nov 22, 2015, 9:37 AM

to fund raise.. a cheerleader group or church group for example.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

sounds like a liberal answer to me. So who cares

Nov 22, 2015, 9:39 AM

if they are from ohio, mars, kansas or anywhere else. They should be able to serve the people and have a system in place. No brainer there...

What a bizarre response. You asked a question, I answered it.

Nov 22, 2015, 9:45 AM

Are you still drunk from last night? I'm hoping so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

no not drunk just sick of hearing excuses to make

Nov 22, 2015, 10:24 AM

the people causing the confusion feel better about themselves. It will be alright...

Re: no not drunk just sick of hearing excuses to make

Nov 22, 2015, 10:31 AM

id like to add, lets walk 30 feet this way now back for a hot dog ... over and over and over

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eat b4 you go. 2 cheeseburgers & a soda for $16? Holy cow!***

Nov 22, 2015, 9:47 AM

Have you ever attended an event at Death Valley w/out the

Nov 22, 2015, 9:56 AM

Highway Patrol??

I have, and it is a nightmare.

The Patrol wasn't there for The Rolling Stones concert and it took over 2 hours just to get from the city limits to parking before the concert ... and longer to exit afterward.

I'll NEVER complain about the benefits of having the SC Highway Patrol helping at games.

And concessions are slow at every stadium across the country unless it's a school with no fan base like Wake or Duke.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't always get what you want... Angie :-/***

Nov 22, 2015, 10:38 AM

agree 100% ! absolutely terrible***

Nov 22, 2015, 10:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it such a problem to buy something to

Nov 22, 2015, 10:35 AM

eat ? Maybe you should eat before you go and just get a snack at the game and not a full course meal. I do know that one of the concessions does a good job and it is run by ROTC kids (volunteers w/no pay) from a local high school in the upstate.

Go Tigers.............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Re: Why is it such a problem to buy something to

Nov 22, 2015, 10:57 AM

Even at Wake Forest its not very good. Our church works concessions at Wake football and Basketball games to help food bank, missions and help local charities. People always call in on volunteering and its a scramble for a warm body. We have several groups that have done it so long they are very good but always their are people that don't do quick things, cant count change or have social skills/common sence.

I think training should be the plan but the teams dont want to hire seasonal people with benefits. You could argue the point either way.

I have never worked concessions but I have experienced the service before. Some were really great some not very good. I try to only get 1-2 drinks during a games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,526
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic