Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
let's take a closer look @ Tigers' ACC record....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

let's take a closer look @ Tigers' ACC record....

Feb 19, 2017, 10:49 PM

because the unbalanced schedule may be making us look worse than we really are.

1) Clemson hasn't lost to any team in the ACC with a losing conference record. We're 3-0 against Wake and Pitt, with NCSU and BC left. So no bad losses there.

2) Against teams that are .500 in the conference (VT and Ga Tech), we're 1-2. That's a split home/away with the fraud, Ga Tech, and then a killer loss at the buzzer to Va Tech at Home.

We need to beat Va Tech in Blacksburg...

But still not a bad record, especially given Va Tech is 10 games over .500 and looks like a Tourney team.

The loss to Ga Tech is one that could hurt - but they've been stealing wins at home from everyone even as they are a terrible team.

3) Against teams over .500 in the conference, we're 0-8. Yep....

but that's 0-3 at Home and 0-5 Away.

Again, the killer is a 1-point Home loss on a buzzer beater - this time Syracuse. We also lost at Home by 3 to UNCheat and by 4 to UVA, both highly ranked teams at the time.

4) Against ranked ACC teams we're 0-6 - notably with 4 of those losses on the Road where we're never likely to steal a win.

5) That means we're 4-4 in the ACC against non-ranked teams, with 2 losses on 1 point buzzer beaters.

The Syracuse and VT losses really make the record seem worse than it is possibly, as well as the fact that we've played more ranked teams on the Road than at Home. We get another shot at FSU at Home - we could use a big win, but I doubt it.

Most likely good outcome: steal a win at VT, lose a toughie to FSU, and, based on the track record, beat NCSU and BC.

Then win the opener in the ACCT, and we're possibly playing for a NCAA berth against an over .500 ACC team that didn't play the previous night. Win that 2nd game and I think we have a real shot with 19-14. Some other ACC bubble teams - most notably Ga Tech and Wake Forest - simply aren't the overall quality that we are.

There simply aren't any really bad losses in or out of conference on the record, the unbalanced schedule has really hurt us this year, and we've lost two gut-wrenchers against ACC teams likely to make the NCAA. Couple all that with some really good games against quality competition - Xavier, Oklahoma, UNC, UVA, etc. - and it doesn't give off the smell that our bad out of conference record has in previous years....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let's take a closer look @ Tigers' ACC record....

Feb 19, 2017, 11:17 PM

So. We beat the teams we should, most of the time, but can't beat anyone we aren't supposed to. Perfect, let's continue doing the same thing over and over again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please***

Feb 19, 2017, 11:27 PM

Re: Please***

Feb 20, 2017, 1:11 AM

Ga Tech is far from a terrible team and have a better resume than Clemson now.

Ga Tech as 7 ACC wins vs. 4 for Clemson.
15 to 14 in wins.
Split head to head.

Ga Tech has quality wins in the ACC over Florida State, Notre Dame, UNC and Syracuse
Clemson has no quality wins in the ACC.

Ga Tech beat VCU nonconference and Clemson beat USC who is fading very fast.
Ga Tech has 5 wins over likely NCAA teams. Clemson has maybe one over USC.

Both teams have one bad loss.

The only point for Clemson is 9 wins vs 7 over the Top 100.
Every other factor shows Ga Tech is better than Clemson

Ga Tech can play at Home and that's it.....

Feb 20, 2017, 5:29 AM

home cookin'.

Been going on in Atlanta for many years now...

Ga Tech will not make it past the first weekend if they make the NCAA.

I truly hope we get another shot at them in the ACCT. Chalk up another win for us then.

I've been a BB suporter, but after reading this post

Feb 20, 2017, 5:38 AM

it is clear that it is time to go. 0-fer against any team will a pulse. Yep, you finally convinced me to flip sides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good for you - then go....

Feb 20, 2017, 7:07 AM

won't be missed.

Feb 20, 2017, 5:39 AM

Interesting analysis for the NIT to sort through, but even at large bids to the undercard tourney seem to be getting more difficult. A 16-15 finish doesn't seem to add up to anything more than a tough luck season.

16-15? how does that happen? obviously I assumed

Feb 20, 2017, 7:07 AM

we wouldn't lose both the FSU and VT games, and that we would win one in the ACCT.

If none of those things happen, then yes, they've tanked at the end and we deserve what we get.

But let's step back from the ledge a bit Debbie, and let the season play out.

There's absolutely no historical precedent this year for losing in the 1st round of the ACCT.

That's just your negativity talking....

What? Oklahoma a good non conference game? They've in

Feb 20, 2017, 6:44 AM

Last place in the Big XII with 9 total wins. Clemson's basketball program isn't very good, because our coach isn't very good. If we hire a good coach we'll have a good program if we hire an elite coach we'll have an elite program.

Oklahoma was considered a quality team when we played them..

Feb 20, 2017, 7:04 AM

and yes, they've imploded over the course of the year.

The loss of Jordan Woodard to a knee injury took the remaining starch out them. 15 PPG and almost 5 RPG, coupled with better than 1:1 Assist to TO ratio. He was a quality player on a team going downhill.

It's not a great loss, but it isn't badd either given when it happened and how tough the Big XII is this year.

Re: What? Oklahoma a good non conference game? They've in

Feb 20, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to What? Oklahoma a good non conference game? They've in ]

IF. I love that game. IF the Tigers had scored a dozen or so points in certain games..... we wouldn't be having this discussion!

Feb 20, 2017, 9:31 AM

nice alaysis but what is the point? w our conf record we arent going anywhere. that is just a fact

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all aboard

Feb 20, 2017, 9:33 AM

the excuse train. its free and you can get a round trip ticket for 7 yrs. this crap has been played out. move along

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Winless against ALL winning ACC teams. Check.

Feb 20, 2017, 9:37 AM

Thanks for clarifying. I feel better now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic