Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ranking SEC QB's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Ranking SEC QB's

Aug 5, 2019, 1:36 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/preseason-sec-quarterback-power-rankings/ar-AAFfAua?ocid=spartandhp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Re: Ranking SEC QB's

Aug 5, 2019, 1:44 PM

5 SEC starters are transfers from other schools. SEC QB recruiting.....it just means more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its amazing those transfers will even be able...

Aug 5, 2019, 2:02 PM

to play in the rugged SEC. How will they ever survive having only played in other conferences.

Aug 5, 2019, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ranking SEC QB's ]

Anyone else notice Clemson was mentioned in three of the QB write ups? Feaster (Bentley); Lawrence (Bryant); and Lawrence (Tua).

My favorite statement was "Tua is the best returning QB in College Football NOT NAMED TREVOR LAWRENCE"

I split my sides open laughing at that one. They can't even write about their QB rankings w/o Clemson living rent free in their SEC heads!!

Senior QB is #8?

Aug 5, 2019, 2:02 PM

A coaches son and 4 year starter?
How can that be?!?!
Jakey?

And transfer Kelly Bryant - #2 QB at Clemson, is #3 QB in SEC

GO TIGERS! WE 2 DEEP!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 3:25 PM

I'd take Fromm over Tua.

is it possible to do breathalyzers before posting***

Aug 5, 2019, 4:47 PM

Re: is it possible to do breathalyzers before posting***

Aug 5, 2019, 5:06 PM

I wouldn't want either in the 4th quarter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 3:31 PM

Kelly Bryant the number three qb in the sec? That’s hilarious. Just shows you how bad the qb play is in that conference.

He would be 2nd in the ACC going into the season if

Aug 5, 2019, 3:44 PM

he played for any ACC team other than Clemson. The 2nd best QB in the ACC right now is probably Bryce Perkins.

I would agree that the SEC in general does not have great QB play, but it's not that bad right now and the ACC, on the other hand, is currently trash at the QB position.

PLEASE...he's not even second in the state of South Carolina***

Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bentley would also be 2nd in the ACC going into the season

Aug 6, 2019, 8:50 AM

That's how bad the ACC QBs are this year. Maybe somebody will have emerge and have a breakout season, but it's pretty grim right now beyond Trevor Lawrence.

LOL...Bentley at No. 8...lol***

Aug 5, 2019, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Trevor Lawrence count?

Aug 5, 2019, 3:41 PM

Since we own the SEC.

Re: Does Trevor Lawrence count?

Aug 5, 2019, 3:47 PM

You couldn't pick a single attribute from every single QB on that list and make a better player than Trevor Lawrence .

We are beyond blessed withthat kid .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Does Trevor Lawrence count?

Aug 5, 2019, 4:03 PM

How do you think TL stacks up with KB in running? We know there's no comparison throwing the ball.

My preference would be for him to NEVER run the ball***

Aug 5, 2019, 5:17 PM

Could not agree more.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:32 AM

Do not need to risk Trevor getting hurt. If we need to run the ball, put Brice into the game. He has proved he can and will run over defenders like a freight train. Love his attitude and will never forget that 4th down pass to Tee and his run on the very next play to set up the win in the Syracuse game. So appreciative he’s on our team.

Ha! That epitomizes Lamecock football in an eggshell.

Aug 5, 2019, 4:20 PM

(I would have said in a nutshell, but, you know....).

After 4 years of experience, Flake the Fivehead Bentley is not even rated above average (8th of a starting 14) in a league that has average QB play at best. Delicious!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 6:50 PM

I hate that KB sustained a Hammy, and I wish him no ill will. The writer said, "After the Trevor Lawrence hype machine swallowed Bryant whole and relegated him to the bench". Hype had nothing to do with KB being benched. Trevor was simply better.

Aug 5, 2019, 6:54 PM

Like Jalen Hurts - who by all accounts has become a much better passer! I think KB will actually be a better or more likely a more willing passer now! Why? Because the knock on him is he leaves the pocket too early. And, he air mails easy passes. It will likely force him to work on that aspect of his game like he has never "had to"! Like Hurts - his legs always got him out of trouble. But, like Hurts, he reached a point where he didn't have enough passing skill to beat a good scheme with good players.

If he comes back healthy and I hope he does; he will be a much improved passer I am betting!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic