Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 6,486

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death"

Dec 5, 2018, 5:47 PM

Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death"

Kirk Herbstreit is very protective over his family, especially twin sons Jake and Tye, seniors in high school who are about to embark on their own college football journey. When it came time to pick a school for the twins to play, Herbstreit knew of only a few coaches around the country he would trust with his sons.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re glad to have them.

Dec 5, 2018, 5:54 PM

I have always thought highly of Herbie’s character. I have no doubt that his sons will be a great addition to the program from a character standpoint as well. On top of all of that for the next four years in ESPN broadcasts all over America the fact that Herbie’s sons are at Clemson will come up time and time again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’re glad to have them.

Dec 5, 2018, 6:02 PM

Nothing in the world says more about a place’s character than the trust you show when you send your children there because they’ll be in good hands. Speaks volumes about Dabo, the university, and Tiger nation as a whole.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There may still be a few

Dec 5, 2018, 5:57 PM

Hiding in the bushes, but on the whole, it's going to be a hard sale trying to suggest ESPN hates Clemson. The real conundrum comes from the 'free publicity' the program will get in a collateral fashion. Herbie's as big a 'face of college football' as there is...and has another son growing up. Clemson will be prominently 'displayed' for the years to come...yet another example of 'the best is yet to come'. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How great will it be when we run one of those jet sweep

Dec 5, 2018, 5:57 PM

plays from the 4yd line, à la Will Swinney, to get one of his boys a TD while he's calling our game

Re: How great will it be when we run one of those jet sweep

Dec 6, 2018, 10:05 AM

I'm sure that opportunity will come, and def would be nice if Kirk is calling the game when it happens. I can see him getting alil emotional for that moment.

he could have sent his boys to any college in the US***

Dec 5, 2018, 6:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: he could have sent his boys to any college in the US***

Dec 5, 2018, 6:35 PM

Great testimonial on culture at Clemson. Need to get em in power hour and turn em loose.!! Go Tigers

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death"

Dec 5, 2018, 6:44 PM

Let's lighten up on Herbie because we don't want to
disrespect his sons. After all, they could have went
somewhere else. We welcome your sons Herbie and we
will respect their choice to come to our school.

That's solid gold PR right there...

Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 PM

...do you realize how many schools would kill to have Herbie talk about their program like that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 7:28 PM

I wonder if Herbie made any enemies with that “only 7 or 8 coaches I would trust” comment? Being in the industry he could catch some blowback meeting with coaches leading up to covering a game.

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson:

Dec 5, 2018, 7:55 PM

Glad he didn't mention any schools or coaches. That would have created a big scandal.

Message was edited by: Illnoistiger

Dec 5, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death" ]

I think that there is to much being added to this bc, I'm sure those boys are smart enough to have gone any where they they wanted to go, and the fact they chose Clemson is no big deal, or not as big a deal as some may want to make it. What parent wouldn't want their kids at a school or a FB program led by a high character person as Dabo. It has been years since anybody has heard about players being involved in trouble in Dabo's FB program, and it isn't a secret why a TV personality would want his kids playing for Dabo bc Dabo does things the right way!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys have made some great points and I could be wrong

Dec 6, 2018, 7:56 AM

I think all factors spoken about above are 100% correct. The fact that if you work hard in practice you play on game day. I am sure other places told them "Oh yeah you play some minutes", but Dabo does not have to say a word b/c his actions on this subject speaks volumes. Who plays more players weekly than Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death" ]

Herbie probably only had 1 or 2 coaches that he really trusted . . . the 7-8 number was probably his wiggle room.

Just my random thought.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 3:50 AM

I wonder if Muschump and Sakerlina were in the 7 or 8?

Me thinks not...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on sons playing at Clemson: "I am tickled to death" ]

4, tops, imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 7:28 PM

nm

I know, they had such a selection of teams to pick from.

Dec 6, 2018, 5:27 AM

There was Clemson and Rice. It was touch and go there for a while and I bet we had to really use high pressure recruiting tactics to get them to commit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if he will still be able to call our games?***

Dec 6, 2018, 3:28 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 6,486
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic