Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
flights or driving to new orleans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

flights or driving to new orleans?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:58 AM

so has anyone found any cheap flights to new orleans? after flying to phoenix two years in a row, was hoping for some cheap flights to new orleans, so was wondering how bad or good of a drive is it to new orleans.. Dont feel like dropping around 1400 on flights for two .Never been to new orleans and it says its about a 9.5 hour drive..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Driving...

Dec 11, 2017, 11:03 AM

Air fares were outrageously expensive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: flights or driving to new orleans?

Dec 11, 2017, 11:05 AM

We're driving from Charlotte. It's about 10.5 hours, so we'll overnight in Montgomery on the way down, then in Atlanta on the way back. Flights were absolutely ridiculous. The cheapest RT I found was $918, and that was arriving MSY after 10pm. Otherwise, there were numerous others, but around $1,750 per. Problem is it's New Years weekend. Come on CFP... let's start having semi-finals two weeks after Conference Championships, then the finals a week after the bowl games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:17 AM

Driving.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:10 AM

Driving

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:11 AM

We live in Mandeville which is 30 minutes from dt NOLA. It takes us about 9 hrs to drive from our house to Clemson for games. We use the Waze app which helps with the fastest route.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:26 AM

Out of curiosity, is 65 and 10 3 lanes or mostly 2?

Dec 11, 2017, 10:39 PM

> Out of curiosity, is 65 and 10 3 lanes or mostly 2?

Through the bigger cities 3 lanes otherwise 2 but we don’t usually hit any major traffic 65 to 10.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:27 AM

I've been looking at air fares for the past week or so and they are absurdly high from SC. My sister has just about decided not to go because they are so high and she doesn't like to drive. The Rose Bowl would have been a lot cheaper.....I can fly to the East Coast for around $300-$400. Airlines would not have been able to jack up the prices for the LA area airports....The Rose Bowl is just another event in that area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 12:30 PM

Where did you find tickets to the LAX area for that cheap? I'm a Tiger all the way and have been to the bowl games and the Natty for the last two years; but, this year with UGA getting in I'm taking my wife to Pasadena for the Rose (UGA Grad). Our plane tickets were $816.00 each in on the 30th and back on the 2nd. If you've got a link on them that cheap let me know and I'll cancel these and take the penalty.

See everyone in ATL - if it's a Tigers vs. Dawgs Natty it's going to be a cold winter around my house...

Go Tigers.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:28 AM

Driving from Hilton Head

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 11:41 AM

Amtrak has some reasonable rates - leaves Greenville around 5am and arrives 730pm or something like that. The Crescent train also stops in a number of places NE and SW of Greenville. Just over $100 one way from Greenville. Return train similar, run times a little later, I think.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:43 AM

Was able to book Spirit from ATL to MSY for 175 per person the Sunday after ACCCG. Haven't really looked since.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:51 AM

where do you live

Dec 11, 2017, 12:08 PM

Aiken, Sc area.

Dec 11, 2017, 12:29 PM

LOOK FOR FLIGHTS to nearby cities. Biloxi for example. 75 miles from NO. just an option to explore.

Dec 11, 2017, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: flights or driving to new orleans? ]

ichecked this am and they are in the 650-900 range, but most have return trips of the 4th or 5th, have to be back to work in the 3rd..

Dec 11, 2017, 12:49 PM

I booked a flight from Charlotte to Baton Rouge for 298/pp round trip. The only problem is the flight back leaves at 6:10 am Tuesday morning which means I will leave directly after the game for the airport and catch an hour or two of sleep before boarding. I do get back at 9:15 in Charlotte so I have the rest of the day to sleep.

Dec 11, 2017, 12:26 PM

Driving. It’s only an hour and a half from the house, so driving 2 hours to Jackson and flying doesn’t really make sense.

Driving from Blythewood 10hrs.***

Dec 11, 2017, 1:09 PM

Dec 11, 2017, 9:29 PM

Flying and using Delta Sky Miles ... not a bad way to do things but not everyone takes American Express these days. I pay off credit card every month, and never use the miles except for Clemson trips every couple of years. Costs 70,000 miles round trip which is a lot.

Try Flying Into Gulfport MS***

Dec 11, 2017, 9:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2017, 10:27 PM

Spirit airlines...atlanta to New Orleans. Get there Monday at 4 pm. Leave Thursday. $110 round trip. If you happen to be someone that can stay longer.

Dec 11, 2017, 10:50 PM

We have driven the last few years to various Florida bowls which are roughly the same drive time. We made the all-day drive from Tampa last year on very little sleep and don't want to try that again this year! We found a Delta non-stop that departs GSP about 3 pm and departs MSY 3 pm (their time) returning to GSP 6 pm. As of last week that was $880 for a round trip flying out 12/30 and returning 1/2. Still high, but everything else we found was in the $1100-$1400 range, including Baton Rouge and Gulfport. Overpriced downtown hotels are full but airport area still had rooms in the $150-$175 range.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic