Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ever let another driver know they had a tail light out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

ever let another driver know they had a tail light out?

Aug 1, 2019, 9:50 AM

not talking about following somebody 5 miles and yelling at them. I mean like, if you are behind somebody and you both turn into a gas station, and they have a brake light out. You both are pumping gas or both walking up to the store. Do you go up to them and let them know, or do you just stay out of it? Would it matter if they were a male or female?

I have a few times - solely as a courtesy, and because I would appreciate it if anybody ever did that for me. It's hard to know if you have a light out until the law lets you know about it by pulling you over. Have gotten mixed reactions. Most people appreciate it, but a few have acted a bit offended for some unknown reason.

Just wondering if you are that type or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, if I have a chance to do so safely***

Aug 1, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

yes. several times. politely and safely.***

Aug 1, 2019, 9:54 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to tell people they don't have their headlights on

Aug 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

when it is dark, but people are dumb.

Me too

Aug 1, 2019, 9:59 AM

by flashing my brights at them as fast and obnoxiously as possible.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

My oil change place checks them every oil change.***

Aug 1, 2019, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm suprised you don't change your own oil.

Aug 1, 2019, 10:25 AM

You strike me as the kind of guy who doesn't hesitate to roll up his sleeves and take care of things himself. A real man's man who will get his hands dirty and doesn't mind having to mop his brow after a job well done.

I'm shocked.

Lemnme splain how this werks.

Aug 1, 2019, 10:50 AM

See, when I bought my car, I bit on the warranty. One of the selling points was "free" oil changes. SWEET DEAL huh? Well, first you have to set an "appointment" for your oil change. That takes 10 minutes on hold, then 10 minutes giving some guy with a deep Indian accent all your credentials. So you're 20 minutes in and haven't even set foot in the place. Then you drive 15 minutes to the dealership for the "free" oil change. 35 minutes blown so far. Not bad. Right on time for your "appointment" you get there and they tell you it will be an HOUR for the oil change. JUST long enough to not make it not feasible to ask your wife to take off work to drive you home and then back again. So you wait. At an hour and a half you get your car back. THEN they tell you $2,000 worth of ######## stuff needs to be fixed/replaced/serviced, whatever. You blow that off and drive the 15 minutes back to your home office to work some more. By now you're at 2 hours and 20 minutes of your day BLOWN.

At my hourly rate, I can earn enough to have my oil changed, twice, at the oil change place which is only 5 minutes from my house and takes 10 minutes tops.

I take charge and get things done at work. Sure, I could do it myself, but it's cheaper to work and pay someone else to do it. Even cheaper to do that than blow 2+ hours for having it done for "free". To do it myself but it would take around the same amount of time as the oil change place, PLUS the time for changing clothes and showering. If I have an appointment that day I'd need even more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotcha. I was just making a ############ joke.

Aug 1, 2019, 10:54 AM

;)

I can't say master bait any more on here?***

Aug 1, 2019, 10:54 AM

No, but you can say menstrualbate. The filter goes in cycles.

Aug 1, 2019, 11:02 AM

I know. But that's really the reason.

Aug 1, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Gotcha. I was just making a ############ joke. ]

I honestly thought about changing the broken automatic rear door lock because the dealership wanted like $500 to fix it. Then watched a Youtube video and gave that a big NOPE. I flip it manually now.

the home oil change...finally there is a breakthrough!!

Aug 1, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to I'm suprised you don't change your own oil. ]

I've always changed the oil in my vehicles since I have been driving, my dad wouldn't tolerate anything else from a son of his.

But one thing that has chapped my butt over the years is that Jeep Wranglers require 6 quarts, but the oil comes in 5 quart jugs. And every oil change "deal" at Autozone, etc always revolves around 5 quarts. But I always have to buy an extra single quart, which nearly screws up any savings at all from taking it to a Jiffylube.

But now, finally after all those years, saw this in the store the other day.....eureka!

Just run it a quart low.

Aug 1, 2019, 12:10 PM

It'll be fine.

Here's a funny story about the AFM in early Chevy 5.3l trucks. AFM is Automatic Fuel Management, and after a while, it causes the engine to start using oil. GM was in mid refresh of the engine management, and didn't want to 1) spend the money to fix a bunch of engines that use oil, and 2) refresh the engine management on a new body style truck. Their answer? put in a BIGGER OIL PAN. They're suggest maintenance schedule is 3500 miles for an oil change. If it uses 2 quarts between changes, whats the diff, AMIRIGHT?

"Glug free pour" ... tmml

Aug 1, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to the home oil change...finally there is a breakthrough!! ]

Don't know why. Just a chuckle or three.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Every time I go to change the oil in something myself

Aug 1, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to the home oil change...finally there is a breakthrough!! ]

I always come to the conclusion that it's worth just paying someone to do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ever let another driver know they had a tail light out?

Aug 1, 2019, 10:01 AM

I tell them and I dont stress about it all. Its a nice gesture and no big deal.

Re: ever let another driver know they had a tail light out?

Aug 1, 2019, 10:14 AM

I had a cop let me know once...he wrote it down on a citation and handed it to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did it just yesterday afternoon

Aug 1, 2019, 1:02 PM

at the next stoplight. Guy definitely had no idea and was thankful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Yes, and semi-flat tires.

Aug 1, 2019, 1:51 PM

Had a conundrum yesterday though - 18 wheeler had blown out on his left rear outer wheel - rubber spinning like crazy and trying to come off, so I got by him as fast as I could, but no way to warn him.

I could not even see him up in the cab when I got beside him.

T's and P's for those behind him when that broke loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate someone telling me about tail light problems.

Aug 1, 2019, 2:54 PM

I know we're supposed to check them periodically but I don't recall the last time I did. I usually change all at the same time which makes me comfortable about it for a couple years. Both headlights get changed together too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic