Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
as I watch the A&m game ,i realize we would have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,260

as I watch the A&m game ,i realize we would have

Jul 19, 2019, 8:54 PM

beat them 3 to 4 tds with TL QBing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: as I watch the A&m game ,i realize we would have

Jul 19, 2019, 8:58 PM

Not so sure. KB just marched us down the field on some solid passing and running. TL still a little green.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tigers didn't play particularly well at the end of the

Jul 19, 2019, 9:02 PM

game, while A&M made some plays---the Tigers made one more than

but that darned goal line fumble on 4th down in the 2nd Q contributed to setting the tone....if the Tigers get in the endzone on that play, rest of the game probably isn't played the same

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mond had hia best game ever***

Jul 19, 2019, 9:04 PM

fate, kismet, luck,....whatever, sure seemed like it was

Jul 19, 2019, 9:11 PM

on the Aggies sideline for a long time too

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Tigers didn't play particularly well at the end of the

Jul 19, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to The Tigers didn't play particularly well at the end of the ]

Mond had a half dozen throws that were impossible and they were completed anyway. If he has another such we could have some problems. If we are significantly worse on D than we thought we were last year we could have some problems. Even if that happens, I think we win a shootout. If we are anywhere near out usual D we'll be comfortable in the 4th.

Re: The Tigers didn't play particularly well at the end of the

Jul 19, 2019, 11:55 PM [ in reply to The Tigers didn't play particularly well at the end of the ]

Yep - that was bad .... -:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 19, 2019, 9:44 PM

Watching this shows Just how far Isiah Simmons progressed over the course of the season. He got abused all night in that game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 10:26 PM

I call it "The gods of football". When those gods select which team will win in spite of the huge talent difference, then it is almost impossible for the better team to win. All bounces, reflected balls, barely missed INT's, holding calls not called, etc go to the chosen team. I re-watched the game yesterday, and it was insanely obvious that the gods of football were hard at work for the Aggies. So, at the end of the day, CLEMSON got that one play call (the fumble thru the endzone) that went our way, and we managed to sneak out of there with a much-deserved win. Had the gods of football made the refs overturn that one call, we probably would have lost that game, and CLEMSON might not have made the CFP in spite of winning the ACC. I'm sure UGA would have played in the CFP instead of us. That would have be a tragedy after watching Texas destroy the Dawgs.

Jul 19, 2019, 11:00 PM

KB was essential to beating A&M last year. TL showed flashes but wasn't quite there yet.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:23 AM

Agreed. No matter what anyone thinks about KB, he's definitely better than any QB Mizzou had last season. Last time Mizzou beat the Coots was 2015 and they only went 5-7 that year. Last season Mizzou lost by 2 points. Coots have to travel to Mizzou this season.

Jul 20, 2019, 12:31 AM

The Aggies made some incredible plays, and some were head-scratchers that they completed.

If you rewatch that game, note that the only time aTm was even flagged for offensive holding was on the 2-point attempt at the end of the game. CW42 was absolutely mugged, and they had to call it. No other holding calls against the Aggies, despite Clemson having 4 NFL guys on the DL .

They will be talented enough to scare us, and Jimbo knows how to exploit our defenses. But without the fluke plays I see the Tigers winning by at least 17.

Dex was being held almost every play by the RG... Mugged.***

Jul 20, 2019, 7:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 7:15 AM

Here's the nearly 15 minute game highlights,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUzDby59Z0c

The truth is ...

Jul 20, 2019, 8:44 AM

Dabo could not start Lawrence over the popular and charismatic Bryant despite the tremendous and obvious difference in skill levels. Players and team leaders would not support it. This led to Lawrence not getting the 1st team summer reps needed to be ready for A&M.

Bryant counted on his popularity to keep the QB job all season which did not work out for him, but Swinney truly had to thread the needle and did it masterfully.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic