Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little over a month ago, i had a stroke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

A little over a month ago, i had a stroke

Nov 9, 2018, 11:06 AM

I post this for several reasons:

1. I was a healthy person. Mid 40's, I workout daily along with jogging 6 miles everyday and have done that for over 20 years.

2. I've realized you do not have to be obese, a couch potato or whatever for something to hit you suddenly.

3. I had no warnings. In fact, a week prior I had a checkup and passed with flying colors. No blood pressure issues, nothing whatsoever.

4. I walked into a local convenience store for a bottle of water and that is pretty much the last thing i clearly remember before waking up in a hospital bed. I suddenly had a terrible headache, i could barely speak and could hardly see a thing.

5. I've had surgery and am currently rehabilitating.

6. I won't going to post this but have had several tigerney friends reaching out wondering why i no longer post.

7. My time posting here is probably over. I will check in from time to time but no more all day debates for me. I've spent enough time in front of computers at my job(don't know when I'll get back to that yet) and have realized when im not working, i owe my time to family.

8. I have enjoyed every one of you.

9. Men, don't be hardheaded, go to the doctor or local er if you have unusual pains.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's OP. God Speed.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:09 AM

But this goes to show you, getting a finger in the butt professionally is a waste of time.

Unprofessionally, it's a great afternoon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: T's and P's OP. God Speed.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:57 AM

That reminds me, I need to trim my fingernails before our meeting tonight.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: A little over a month ago, i had a stroke

Nov 9, 2018, 11:12 AM

42 miles a week for 20 years? You should stay and have your hips and knees replaced. Wow, never known anyone that isn’t an elite runner run that much. You must have been wining races like a champ! Nice work.

Get well soon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you are OK

Nov 9, 2018, 11:20 AM

I noticed one pupil was larger than the the this morning on my way out the door, but I was baked and the other one had not caught up yet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're bringing home students now?***

Nov 9, 2018, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're bringing home students now?***

Nov 9, 2018, 1:28 PM

still baked.

Glad that you are recovering.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:22 AM

Since I just turned 40, this is a terrifying reminder that my days are numbered. Thanks.

But in all seriousness, glad you're doing better and I hope you recover fully.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that's awful. Glad you're ok now.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:48 AM

When you say "unusual pains," what are you referring to? Did you have unusual pains before the stroke happened?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, that's awful. Glad you're ok now.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:59 AM

No, i had no warnings.

I am just speaking in general because you know how many men are, we will often wait as long as possible before seeing a Dr.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:08 PM

Were they able to determine what caused it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 12:14 PM

Bloodclot

Impossible to prevent? or did they tell you

Nov 9, 2021, 12:00 AM

that you should change something to try and prevent it again? I get that you say you were healthy, and you even got checked out... but was there anything you could have done?

It's just so #### scary.

I'm sincerely glad you came out OK. Reasonable brains are worth their weight in diamonds.

Re: Impossible to prevent? or did they tell you

Nov 9, 2018, 3:08 PM

More sleep.

I do pretty good with exercise, eating healthy, i only drink occasionally, etc.

The one area i fail is in sleep. I'm wide awake after about 4 to 5 hours of sleep on average. Occasionally I can get 8 or 9 hours.

I'm definitely like that

Feb 13, 2021, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, that's awful. Glad you're ok now. ]

I have been thinking about getting a primary care doctor and having regular visits, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Getting old***

Nov 9, 2018, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery***

Nov 9, 2018, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 PM

Wishing you a successful recovery. Like someone else above...was surprised to see you still running that much at your age. Sounds like this gave you some perspective as well...which is probably your biggest blessing outside of survival.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:16 PM

I think the running is now over, at least until my wife decides to take her eyes off of me. I'm blessed that she is taking care of me though.

Ill probably get back to it eventually, Dr's say I'm going to be fine because otherwise I'm a very healthy man. But, I'll probably stick to a mile or two in the future.

Thank You 1851 for the update

Nov 9, 2018, 1:07 PM

Wise words and best of luck with the recovery!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May God bless you.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:08 PM

I will think of you and pray for you often always wishing you the best. Rest my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 1:21 PM

Glad you're ok my friend. Do what the docs tell you to do and hopefully one day you'll have the strength to vote liberal. ;)

(Hope you get well soon!)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 1:26 PM

I do vote Democrat.

Thanks

Nov 9, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: A little over a month ago, i had a stroke ]

I am to the right with gun rights and taxes. Lean left on just about everything else

Nov 9, 2018, 2:11 PM

Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're posting strong today. I hope you come back, but I feel what you're saying. Too many other important things in life. Maybe we all need to remember that.

Keep fighting and best wishes to you on your recovery. Cheers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 9, 2018, 2:19 PM

I feel better today than I have since it happened plus the kiddos are at school so kinda bored.

In about an hour, it'll be family time.

Thanks for the post.

Nov 9, 2018, 10:32 AM

I appreciate your post. I just turned 70 in August. Doc appt last month and came out with flying colors. My Doc said, "You could live a long time", to which I responded, "Hey! My dad died at 67 and my mom died at 84 … both with strokes … so Doc, 67 plus 84 divided by 2 equals 75.5, so I've got 5.5 years left with any luck." He responded by saying, "Yeah … but they didn't have me as their doctor." When I said, "That's pretty arrogant for a crummy GP.", he said, "I'll see you in 6 months", and as I was going out the door I said, "I'll take that as a limited lifetime guarantee!"

Nov 15, 2018, 6:44 PM

Thank you

Sorry to hear that.

Nov 16, 2018, 2:28 PM

T's & P's

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic