Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The next time someone "threatens" that Dems are going to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 608

The next time someone "threatens" that Dems are going to

Aug 18, 2019, 8:36 PM

take away private and employer health insurance, read this:

"As Americans continue grappling with rising health care costs, research indicates that a sizable group of people with employer health care are still spending a ton on their medical bills.

According to the Commonwealth Fund (TCF), “employer plan premium contributions and out-of-pocket costs, like those for prescription drugs, are eating up an increasing portion of household budgets.”

An estimated 23.6 million Americans with employer coverage had high premium contributions, high out-of-pocket costs, or both, according to the report."

"....In 2017, U.S. health care spending grew 3.9%, reaching $3.5 trillion or $10,739 per person, according to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS). That accounts for about 17.9% of the nation’s GDP."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/health-care-employer-expensive-america-134313774.html
https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-uploaded-images/2019-08/79bde010-c1bc-11e9-b9ff-1fa30e154682">

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget free health care for illegals migrants

Aug 18, 2019, 9:50 PM

They’re already a $156 Billion problem for taxpayers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t forget free health care for illegals migrants

Aug 18, 2019, 10:13 PM

MemphisCat said:

They’re already a $156 Billion problem for taxpayers.

That is simply not true. We don't pay for healthcare for illegal immigrants healthcare, period.

Further, the U.S. Healthcare system is costing U.S. Taxpayers $3.5 Trillion.

"In 2017, U.S. health care spending grew 3.9%, reaching $3.5 trillion or $10,739 per person, according to the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS). That accounts for about 17.9% of the nation’s GDP."

And no, it's not Obama's fault. The mandates were merely used as an excuse by Insurers to jack prices through the roof. Study after study has shown this.

When are you guys going to consider that 'rhetoric' isn't the same as facts or truth?

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

Aug 19, 2019, 8:12 AM

Here is your candidates responding to the question in the debate. This is a video, Felix. It's not someone spinning something or an individual's opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSmoNOZJ9Y

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t forget free health care for illegals migrants

Aug 19, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t forget free health care for illegals migrants ]

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/10/27/Obamacare-Premiums-Soar-Employers-Raise-Deductibles-Keep-Costs-Down
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/10/23/while-obamacare-premiums-rise-employer-based-health-plans-shift-to-higher-deductibles

That's why Trump was elected.

Aug 19, 2019, 8:25 AM

Obama took America one step in the wrong direction. Trump is the antiObama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your party misses the obvious.

Aug 19, 2019, 8:23 AM

Illegals are costing Americans billions each year on healthcare due to them using the emergency room for treatment. Cost are distributed to all who pay their bills either with cash or insurance coverage.

So what's the dem candidates solution? 'Instead of deporting illegals we should tax citizens to pay for it.'

That's not a solution because the same people are paying for illegals' healthcare. The only difference is that taxes are collected, government controls the money and those gov workers are paid to collect and distribute the money.

It's like, 'These illegals are costing Americans a ton.'

Your party's solution, 'Let's make it heavier by adding another half ton to the taxpayers load.'

What world does Felix live in?

Aug 19, 2019, 8:52 AM

How can he be so naive?
ClemsonTiger1988®

Felix is not naive.

Aug 19, 2019, 9:56 AM

He has adopted some of the religious beliefs of the secular humanist. They believe that if God is dead then man is the supreme being and must be worshiped. Felix's problem is that he knows God lives.

He's struggling to prove to himself that the human is worth of the death and blood of the Son of God. The fight is within the man.

Re: Your party misses the obvious.

Aug 19, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Your party misses the obvious. ]

Actually I'm an independent. The point of the post is that even employer plans are undesirable. The Conservatives continue to stoke fear by saying 'they're going to take you're health insurance.'

I negotiated Health plans for a company of 300 people. One year we paid $1 million in premiums and Cigna paid out less than $800,000 in claims. That's not a bad profit. When open enrollment came around they proposed a 28% increase in premiums. I went through the roof, pointed out their profit margin but they said that just covered 'administrative costs'. I instructed our broker to send out our census to every Ins. co. operating in NC.

They all came back with quotes. ALL of them came within $22 of Cigna's proposal (the cost of a single employee's monthly premium).

This is not a political issue. The insurance companies are exempt from the Sherman Anti-Trust laws so they collude.

If not for a single payer plan, how are you going to get Insurance companies to lower premiums? They, the Healthcare system, doctors and pharmaceutical companies OWN our legislators in BOTH parties.

The Dem candidates did say they would insure illegal aliens, I think that is a bad idea. However, as was pointed out, uninsureds will flood emergency rooms. We pay in taxes or we pay in premiums.

This is not a political question. What then, is the answer? On a side note, my oldest friend in life is a dentist, known each other since high school. He's worth $150 Million and has 38 locations. I worked in healthcare, I understand the issue very well. The American people are being raped and the conversation always seems to devolve into an us versus them fight. And the problem never gets addressed.

This has nothing to do

Not buying what you, or the Democrats, are selling.

Aug 19, 2019, 9:37 AM

This will sound like an oversimplification...and maybe it is...but like with most things, a free market would solve a lot of problems. I object to the framing of this argument that private healthcare is expensive so now we must nationalize the “system.” Healthcare today is a complete mess of government involvement, which I believe creates a significant portion of the cost burdens artificially.

Light regulations to address safety standards and ensure transparency would go a long way to solving the cost issues associated with healthcare. Beyond that, government should just get out of the way.

null

Obummacare will save us all....***

Aug 19, 2019, 10:20 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Listen, you don't have to convince me that the ACA....

Aug 19, 2019, 10:26 AM

was a failure.

Re: Listen, you don't have to convince me that the ACA....

Aug 19, 2019, 10:59 AM

Here is a sampling of just what costs and deductibles are for the ACA. Yes, it's mandates also raised costs across the board to include Company plans, they had to reign in costs too. Plus attempt to keep it affordable to employees.
https://www.healthpocket.com/healthcare-research/infostat/2018-obamacare-premiums-deductibles#.XVq4Wi2ZPSw

Replies: 13
| visibility 608
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic