Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fox's Judge Napolitano insisting Whitaker is not legally AG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 508

Fox's Judge Napolitano insisting Whitaker is not legally AG

Nov 8, 2018, 10:00 AM

which is why he did NOT take the Oath of Office.

Has Lindsey Graham had anything to say about the firing of Sessions? He usually an eager interview following things like this. Makes one wonder if Lindsey may be trying to avoid a Senate loss to Nikki Haley and will take the AG job so that McMaster can appoint Haley to fill his Senate seat in the interim. Who knows what the volatile and unpredictable Trump will do.

https://www.foxnews.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox's Judge Napolitano insisting Whitaker is not legally AG

Nov 8, 2018, 10:07 AM

By law, he's the interim for 90 days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justice Clarence Thomas disagrees.

Nov 8, 2018, 10:50 AM

“Appointing principal officers under the FVRA . . . raises grave constitutional concerns because the Appointments Clause forbids the President to appoint principal officers without the advice and consent of the Senate.” Justice Clarence Thomas. Justice Thomas rejected any potential exception to the Appointments Clause’s requirements, saying “I do not think the structural protections of the Appointments Clause can be avoided based on such trivial distinctions.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sounds awfully nervous about this guy

Nov 8, 2018, 1:26 PM

Which means I'll probably like this guy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sounds awfully nervous about this guy

Nov 9, 2018, 7:12 AM

You will blindly like any Repub. You have no thoughts on any issue. You have very little brain function.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't usually post on P&R, but

Nov 8, 2018, 1:30 PM

I saw an interview with Graham on election night (on NBC). He was asked if he was interested in being AG and he emphatically said, "NO".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Did you think I was making chit up when I said Napolitano

Nov 9, 2018, 6:54 AM

has turned into a drama queen?

5 U.S. Code § 3345 - Acting officer
US Code
Notes
Authorities (CFR)

(a) If an officer of an Executive agency (including the Executive Office of the President, and other than the Government Accountability Office) whose appointment to office is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office—

(1) the first assistant to the office of such officer shall perform the functions and duties of the office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 3346;

(2) notwithstanding paragraph (1), the President (and only the President) may direct a person who serves in an office for which appointment is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 3346; or

(3) notwithstanding paragraph (1), the President (and only the President) may direct an officer or employee of such Executive agency to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity, subject to the time limitations of section 3346, if—

(A) during the 365-day period preceding the date of death, resignation, or beginning of inability to serve of the applicable officer, the officer or employee served in a position in such agency for not less than 90 days; and

(B) the rate of pay for the position described under subparagraph (A) is equal to or greater than the minimum rate of pay payable for a position at GS–15 of the General Schedule.'

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3345

See, it doesn't matter who says it or on which network it's said. If you allow, all networks will lead you astray. There's more, take a little control over your mind and go read it yourself.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 508
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic