Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You heard it here! Chrome domes in the Carrier Dome! Finally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

You heard it here! Chrome domes in the Carrier Dome! Finally

Sep 10, 2019, 6:26 PM

happening (or so I've heard from a very reliable source who's cousins with a reliable source) Tigers in chrome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You heard it here! Chrome domes in the Carrier Dome! Finally

Sep 10, 2019, 8:48 PM

God I hope not. We do not need gimmicks. White pants, white jerseys, normal orange helmet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 8:51 PM

Tigergirlga I agree!

We don't need to be Oregon or UCF! Bama and Georgia are recruiting well and winning games as are we: "in traditional duds"! We need to keep it classic Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: You heard it here! Chrome domes in the Carrier Dome! Finally ]

I too join those who aren't in favor of gimmicks. We brought out the orange pants 39 years ago and that was fine. In a bad year, it revved up the players & the DV crowd & we put a beatdown on Scar that day (a team w/a senior George Rogers almost nobody gave us a chance to beat). George went on to win the Heisman a week or 2 later, but we kept him - AGAIN - out of our endzone & CU chalked up a decisive victory. That was the beginning - as we would go on to win the N.Championship the next year.

I think we've MORE than arrived. Just go up there, be who we are and beat SYR - by a lot! We don't need anything extra.

Sep 11, 2019, 9:06 AM

I hope not! I don't want another 100 of these things out there.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:01 PM

I've been holding my breath for awhile...can I exhale yet?

Chrome

Sep 10, 2019, 9:49 PM

with the soft rubber Mohawk spikes.
Don’t want to put an eye out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 9:53 PM

It gets way too hot in the Carrier Dome to wear Chrome helmets

Sep 10, 2019, 10:21 PM

I sincerely hope for your sake that one day before you die, you get to see this team play in a chrome helmet. I just hope I’m already dead and gone when that happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 8:30 AM

Coach Swinney just said in an interview like this week... no crazy uni combos as long as he is head coach.

I like it Clint and I agree with Dabo.. no change to the

Sep 11, 2019, 8:46 AM

traditional UNI's that look great just as the different combos are now. I will allow the all purple out of respect to our men in uniform - you know, uniforms that represent our country - but that is enough imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOOOOOOO I was just bragging on our uniforms and tradition

Sep 11, 2019, 8:40 AM

to my boys last Saturday and I hope we haven't messed that up. AND please no turnovers gimmicks!!

we'll have a new coach before we wear chrome helmets

Sep 11, 2019, 9:00 AM

Dabo shut this stupidity down hard earlier in the week.

When Swinney got the head coaching job at Clemson in December of 2008, one of the first things he wanted to do was learn what the Tigers’ real uniform was. So he enlisted the help of long time sports information director Tim Bourret and 1981 All-American Jeff Davis.

“I had a meeting and I said let’s talk about it. I wanted to know because I did not know what the traditional uniform of Clemson was because it was different all the time,” he said. “So, I kind of put some study into it and research and I said, ‘alright this is what we are going to do.’ I met with the team and I said we are going to quit worrying about the uniform. This is what we are going to wear at home.”

By the end of the 2010 season, Clemson’s uniform combination had reverted back to its traditional look from the mid-1970s through the early 1980s. At home, orange helmet with the orange jersey and white pants with two orange stripes down the side. On the road, they wear the all-white uniforms with the orange helmet.

The exceptions are in championship games or on Military Appreciation Day.

“If we have some type of championship on the line, whether it be a division, the state or the league or whatever, then we will wear the orange pants because that is something special here and I wanted to embrace that,” Swinney said. “We eliminated all of that. That is not going to come back. We wear the purple on Military Appreciation, that is kind of honoring our military heritage that we have here at Clemson. It is a big deal.

“Outside of that, I don’t think you will be seeing any different combinations, at least while I am the head coach.”

Sep 11, 2019, 8:51 AM

Well I guess if you say something long enough, loud enough, around enough people, one day someone might believe you. Only to find out you were wrong. Clemson will NEVER wear a different helmet as long as Coach Swinney is here, he is all about tradition and loyalty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic