Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 games in who looks better Trevor Lawrence or Kelly Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,703

3 games in who looks better Trevor Lawrence or Kelly Bryant?

Sep 16, 2018, 3:06 PM

Just curious as to the opinions. I think Trevor Lawrence with Etienne is great. Because Trevor Lawrence opens up the run game better then Kelly Bryant. I’d still like to see both QBs on the feild

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 games in who looks better Trevor Lawrence or Kelly Bryant?

Sep 16, 2018, 3:07 PM

Tua.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Trevor Lawrence and it isn't close IMO.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:09 PM

KB is a fine QB, but Trevor gives us a more dynamic and versatile offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 16, 2018, 3:13 PM

I feel the same as I did before the season started. TL has more talent and can best utilize our strength which is WR. Kelly is a better runner and has experience. However the experience factor is slipping away and slowly but surely TL will pull away. And be the 1

Yes

We have a great luxury

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Yes

Sep 16, 2018, 4:35 PM

No. A handicap. Lawrence gives us real offense that fits what you have to have to maybe have a shot at Bama. Take the blinders off folks. Bryant is one dimensional. Great game at A&M but for this team to get rolling its time to start Lawrence. Bryant can still have a roll but it aint starting!

I guess that's why KB took over early 3rd qtr

Sep 16, 2018, 5:54 PM

at aTm and finished the game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Lawrence is a more complete player and puts us in position to better utilize our other skill players

...and he brings a lot of unpredictability to the offense (hope the coaches can find more creative ways to keep d's on their toes)

d's are jumping all over screens and read option game and following a s.cript

KB is a very good football player but TL is different and this offense needs different imo

We can win most games with either

His lack of experience could bite us in a game but he has already proven to me to be fairly safe with the football and that's the most important thing as he's gaining experience

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Lawrence opens up the whole playbook***

Sep 16, 2018, 3:19 PM

When, not if but when that is true, he'll start

Sep 16, 2018, 6:01 PM

He's tremendously talented, but he's still learning. Eventually, TL will give us a better chance of winning. Right now they both have had ups and downs.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

We have three QBs who look better than your coot starter

aaaah, the charade continues

Sep 16, 2018, 3:31 PM

how you haven't been booted yet is beyond me

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: aaaah, the charade continues

Sep 16, 2018, 4:26 PM

Because the mods can see through the idiots calling people names

and yet they are oblivious to idiots trolling apparently,

Sep 16, 2018, 6:00 PM

because your game is quite transparent and has been since midway through basketball season when you started the "will we make the dance?" trolls

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and yet they are oblivious to idiots trolling apparently,

Sep 16, 2018, 6:03 PM

Not sure as to what your talking about. But some of you people must still be in elementary school.

Lawrence.

Sep 16, 2018, 4:32 PM

Bryant has been pretty good too, but Lawrence is averaging over 10 YPA and distributes the ball around better.

Get a pulse. Ask a serious question. Then we'll talk.***

Sep 16, 2018, 4:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point the play calling is a bit different for...

Sep 16, 2018, 4:53 PM

each of them. That makes it impossible to say which is better or worse because we're comparing apples to oranges. Everything seems to be fairly even except for the time it takes each of them to lead a drive which ends with a score.

It seems quiet obvious to me that if we need a quick score TL should be in the game. If we need long sustained drives to consume a clock near the end of a close game we might want KB in there. However, KB may be able to score quickly if the play calling is right and TL may be able to master a drive which eats clock.

I don't know and I don't care. I'm just praying KB isn't hurt enough to keep him from competing or maintaining his starting job. I've thought he wouldn't keep it long this season but if someone is going to unseat him I hope it's with talent and skill development from hard work not because he's hurt. Imo, that is much more important than what I or anyone else thinks should happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point the play calling is a bit different for...

Sep 16, 2018, 5:05 PM

I don’t think the every 2 series is working as it just doesn’t look like either QB really gets into the flow of the game. If it’s my choice (which I know it’s not) I’m rolling with Trevor and bribing KB in the game inside the red zone for situational plays where is legs become more dangerous.

We need KB.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:03 PM

TLaw will be great. Already showing glimpses of his potential. I love some of what he did yesterday, including:

1) stepping up into the pocket and throwing a frozen rope
2) the fake toss then the ball down the middle
3) even showing some running ability that was set up by his success when throwing

Making defenses respect the downfield pass opens up our playbook. That said, TLaw is a true freshman. He does not yet have big-time game management skills. He is not as thick as KB2. Therefore, we need both and Brice needs to get some snaps as well for experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious question ATL Paw Man

Sep 16, 2018, 9:38 PM

Many T-netters who supported HJ getting some snaps last year were ridiculed. But now 3rd stringer Brice who has talent but is disruptive to TL's reps and Clemson's playoff chances is beloved? What is the reason?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 5:13 PM

TL looks better , he is a true freshman.
KB is a Sr , so that tells you all you need to know.
The Coaches know this and are about to turn it all over to TL.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic