Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predictions for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Predictions for the season

Aug 20, 2019, 9:21 AM

The following is my game by game prediction for the coming season. For anyone with a short attention span that is already thinking about replying with "TLDR" the short version of this post is 15-0 natty champs. For mature readers who value serious football discussion...

Game 1 vs Georgia Tech - I have mixed feelings about playing GT in the first game, but at least we get the triple option over with early instead of having to prepare for it mid season. BV has proven to be worthy of stopping Paul Johnson's offense and this year will be no different. The bees are in for a hurtin. Clemson wins 38-0.

Game 2 vs Texas A&M - The Aggies are about to get the brunt of all the offseason Bama/SEC chatter. The coaches and players are mad and they will unleash the mother effin fury on that angry elf of a coach and their weird team with no cheerleaders. Clemson wins 63-17.

Game 3 at Syracuse - Let's be honest, Dino Babers is a heck of a coach, but he is not very classy. Last year when Clemson beat them in Death Valley Dino didn't even come into the Clemson locker room to congratulate our players. This is a revenge game for them beating us 2 years ago and for head huntin Trevor last year. RIP Cuse DBs, Clemson wins 72-9.

Game 4 vs UNCC - As was mentioned on an Ohio State message board recently and linked here on the Tiger Board(s), UNCC is one of the two FCS games on our schedule. That means we win big and all the coaches' kids will score TDs. Clemson wins 75-3.

Game 5 at UNC - After beating Charlotte the week before, our Tigers have to travel to UNCC's satellite campus in Chapel Hill where Mack Brown thinks they can beat us in front of their 12,000 cardigan wearing fans. But they'll be too full from white zinfandel and brie cheese to make an impact. Clemson wins 63-8.

Game 6 vs FSU - Will Willie Taggart even be employed by this point? Doubtful, Clemson wins easy 52-0.

Game 7 at Louisville - The Wildcats will get curb stomped in this one. Their thuggy fans will be all lugubrious in Lexington, especially after they lost their best player Benny Snell to the draft. Clemson wins 60-7.

Game 8 vs BC - I think BC will keep this one tight for a while. If you'll recall they were moving the ball with ease last year until their QB got injured. However, Clemson will just out-talent them in the 2nd half and take over. Clemson wins 35-21.

Game 9 vs Wofford - Our second FCS opponent who we'll beat 62-6.

Game 10 at NC State - This is the game most experts believe is by far the easiest win on our schedule. I think the experts got it right, Clemson fans will face dangers of getting urinated on by wusspack fans and being shot during tailgates, but Clemson wins 78-2.

Game 11 vs Wake Forrest - My Newspring rep told me we have an opportunity to purchase Wake's playbook again, we just need to raise enough funds. If we do, Clemson wins 60-0. If we don't, I think Clemson wins a close one 21-20.

Game 12 at UofSuCk - Another revenge game after the coots walked into Death Valley last year and secured a moral victory after narrowly losing by 3 TDs. Jake and his receivers lit up our defense all night, to the point where Nikki Steele's husband even called it a loss for Clemson. Well listen up coots, I say #NeverAgain and #GameOn. Clemson gonna send those inbred fans home in the 2nd quarter en route to a 78-0 victory. Feaster will rush for 2 yards on 18 carries and Josh Belk will record 0 tackles. But hopefully Dabo does the right thing and gives both of them a natty ring after the season because let's be honest, those men helped build this program.

Game 13 vs Miami - That's right, I think Miami is our opponent as Mark Richt continues to bring da U back. Unfortunately for him Clemson will be clicking at this point and win another ACC Championship 45-12.

Game 14 vs Ohio State - Clemson remains #1 all year while the fighting nut necklaces finish the season ranked 4th. Just to tweak their fans Dabo selects the Fiesta Bowl for the semi final game where we sent their jersey wearing fans home with a 31-0 loss last time. This time rookie head coach Ryan Day realizes he's in way over his head as Clemson wins it 32-0.

Game 15 vs UCF who beat Oklahoma in their semi final game - It's the matchup we've all been waiting for. The 2017 national champions vs the 2018 national champions. Looking at both rosters side by side there are definite advantages on both sides of the ball for both teams. I think this one stays fairly close through 3 quarters, but our co-Heisman winners Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne take over the 4th. Clemson wins back to back natties and our 3rd in 4 years 42-20. In a post-game interview Dabo proclaims lil ol Clemson isn't supposed to do this but we did and the best is yet to come.

On to basketball season where the World Champion Clemson Tigers will dominate the ACC like they dominated the world...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Predictions for the season

Aug 20, 2019, 9:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't bring politics into this serious sports

Aug 20, 2019, 9:36 AM

discussion. TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dude, that is WFU's playbook held by Reverend D Trumpnado

Aug 20, 2019, 12:27 PM

of NewSpring - Pumpkintown Campus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Reverend D Trumpnado is a good Christian man***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:34 PM

Re: Please don't bring politics into this serious sports

Aug 21, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Please don't bring politics into this serious sports ]

Really, are you serious? ;)

TL;DR***

Aug 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: TL;DR***

Aug 20, 2019, 9:35 AM

Re: TL;DR***

Aug 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It’s not GWP’s fault that you have the attention span of a gnat***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to TL;DR*** ]

and the IQ of a brick***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:52 PM

^An insult to bricks everywhere^ ***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:54 PM

I meant the broken stupid reject bricks***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:13 PM

Aug 20, 2019, 9:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Please don't bring politics into this serious sports

Aug 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

discussion. TIA

Dude, that was an artist's depiction of Dave Doeren.***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I think a clown would've been more appropriate so you

Aug 20, 2019, 1:33 PM

can understand my confusion

For future assistance, this is an image of a clown.

Aug 20, 2019, 1:46 PM

Musty the Angry Clown ...

Dude, how about a NSFW warning next time?***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:38 PM

Aug 20, 2019, 9:41 AM

Minus 3 for not mentioning: Paul Johnson's constipation face, Bobby Petrino and the local volleyball scene in Lexington, and for omitting the words "yards" when discussing the coots' moral victory.

Plus 4 for mentioning: Babers' lack of class, the ruling that Nancytate will be awarded 2 points for our use of laptops this year, Newspring, and an unnamed reporter's moral declarations.

NET of +1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 9:48 AM

Aug 20, 2019, 11:32 AM

Average score 57-7... not too bad. And 5 shutouts, but ironically, none of them against the FCS teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know how those FCS games go, eventually Dabo

Aug 20, 2019, 12:08 PM

lets some of the band members play defense and they give up a couple big plays.

BCLou will not be happy about game #8***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:10 PM

Aug 20, 2019, 12:44 PM

Did I miss something and Paul Johnson came back out of retirement?

I'm not sure what you mean

Aug 20, 2019, 12:47 PM

He's been GT's head coach for more than a decade. In fact, Dabo's first game as interim head coach was against Paul Johnson and the Georgia Tech nerds.

Re: Prediction for the Season?

Aug 20, 2019, 2:00 PM

Pain...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

It hurts my eyes when I read one of GWP's posts too.***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

But you already said you didn't read it***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:04 PM

Yep...

Aug 20, 2019, 2:04 PM

because it hurts my eyes.

You're such an /s tag***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:13 PM

Re: Yep...

Aug 21, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Yep... ]

if there's any blood,get to a trauma ER right away.bandaids will not help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I'm not sure what you mean

Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure what you mean ]

Paul retired. The guy from Temple is now the head coach also Matty Diaz is head coach at Miami replacing Ritch.

Aug 20, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Predictions for the season ]

he is gone, and they are going to run the spread....meaning they will run 23 seconds off the clock before they punt the ball back to us

Yeah ok, I'm not falling for that one again

Aug 20, 2019, 3:07 PM

Paul Johnson is a heck of a coach and will not be leaving GT anytime soon. Hth

Aug 20, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Predictions for the season ]

On December 7, 2018, Geoff Collins was announced as the head football coach at Georgia Tech. PJ retired the month before. He was previously the head coach at Temple University, and had served in the past as defensive coordinator for the University of Florida and Mississippi State University.

Aug 20, 2019, 3:15 PM

Please don’t bring politics into this serious sports discussion.***

Aug 21, 2019, 7:42 AM

I figured, why even fight it at this point, you know?***

Aug 21, 2019, 8:46 AM

I totally agree with one exception. I feel you have undervalued

Aug 20, 2019, 3:27 PM

the experience gained by playing GT in the first game. Wofford does not score.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're probably right, I was trying to be conservative and

Aug 20, 2019, 3:42 PM

not look through orange colored glasses. My predictions were objective as opposed to biased.

GWP - the most creative ambulance chaser this side of

Aug 20, 2019, 4:50 PM

Akim Anastopoulo

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

It's quite the compliment to even be mentioned with

Aug 20, 2019, 5:09 PM

a hall of famer like that

Notice i didn’t mention you with all 9’s George Sink

Aug 20, 2019, 5:38 PM

I suspect you’re on a higher level than him, counselor.

Dude actually sued his own son for using the birthname he was given

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I only sue people who deserve to be sued, like Crump

Aug 21, 2019, 8:49 AM

he's next.

That sounds doable to me.

Aug 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

I don't see much wrong with it at all. Maybe UCF score another field goal or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 10:21 PM

HOF poast! Why oh why do we not recognize the geniuses around us? Here's another that will pass on one day without his due acclaim..

Wait, are you saying I'm going to die soon?***

Aug 21, 2019, 8:43 AM

fangers crost

Aug 21, 2019, 9:03 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Tread lightly -- you're already skating on thin ice

Aug 21, 2019, 9:07 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This sounds reasonable!!***

Aug 20, 2019, 10:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT no longer runs triple option. Keep up!***

Aug 21, 2019, 7:21 AM

if you haven't seen it, it didn't happen***

Aug 21, 2019, 8:09 AM

Re: GT no longer runs triple option. Keep up!***

Aug 21, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to GT no longer runs triple option. Keep up!*** ]

How did this conglomeration of poppycock win POTD??***

Aug 21, 2019, 7:45 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Who had an extra 45 minutes to even read all those words?***

Aug 21, 2019, 8:06 AM

null

I laughed. I cried. It's a masterpiece.***

Aug 21, 2019, 11:49 AM

Agree...

Aug 21, 2019, 12:04 PM

to disagree.

Aug 21, 2019, 11:27 AM

For mature readers, LOOOOOOOL;);)

Aug 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

Check your head coaches you got two of them wrong.

No I didn't***

Aug 21, 2019, 1:04 PM

Re: GWP

Aug 22, 2019, 12:44 AM

So what you are saying is we win by a little bit?

I have to be honest here, I'm not sure if that's what

Aug 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

I'm saying or not. Your question confuses me.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic