Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would OU have given us a better game ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Would OU have given us a better game ?

Jan 18, 2019, 6:17 PM

We now know that ND and Bama had no answers .
So I ask yee ... would Lincoln Riley have been able to solve Brent Venables and his bend/don't break defensive schemes ?

Caveat : We would definitely score 60+ on their defense ... and that's not debatable .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Would OU have given us a better game ?

Jan 18, 2019, 6:42 PM

OU at least kept playing once they finally warmed up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:48 PM

Yes they did , and they scored a bunch .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 18, 2019, 6:46 PM

I think we have terrorized OU enough for a while, so let's let them relax knowing they only had to play a weak SEC team, and not be humiliated in front of the nation for a 3rd straight time. Their Heisman winners do not even want to hear the word "CLEMSON".

Jan 18, 2019, 7:50 PM

Different coach though , and Riley ( in the B12 mold ) has a ferocious offense .
Also in keeping ... no D.

DB23

Jan 19, 2019, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Would OU have given us a better game ? ]

I was in the stands and saw up close the focus of this team. I feel very confident in saying that any college football team that got on the field that night against Clemson was going to lose by at least 3 TDs. Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio state, Michigan it wouldn't have mattered. Clemson was not exiting Levi Stadium without that championship trophy.

OU and UGA woud both have given better games.

Jan 18, 2019, 6:51 PM

UGA didn't earn the right, and we still woud have beaten both of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I don't think anyone

Jan 18, 2019, 7:02 PM

beats us the way be hit an extra gear in the playoffs. After the Bama game, I was thinking maybe ND is not as bad as we made them look.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:03 PM

Yes. Oklahoma scared me much more than did Alabama.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:08 PM

no, they would have scored more but we would have scored 63 with the backups in on offense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:37 PM

We would have won 58-31

Probably would have scored more.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:41 PM

But then so would we.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:08 PM

It's really fortunate we didn't play OU in the playoffs.

Seeing as how we practiced for only Alabama the entire month...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2019, 3:27 PM

I love that theory . I believe a Cootbama fan must have floated that one . Must be hard trying to make sense of all of our heights when they're experiencing all of those depths .

DB23

Jan 18, 2019, 9:22 PM

No!
They would have gotten beaten by more than 28 pts. Not b/c their offense isn't really explosive; but b/c their defense is/was porous. They maybe score around 24 - 28 pts. But we lace them with 63 or more. BV would have made KM have to grow a few more inches and throw strictly from the pocket. At 5'10 he would have struggled. Also, nobody else they played could afford to drop people back in coverage b/c w/o a blitz those teams couldn't get to Murray. We could have. Remember folks; Alabama was scoring points in bunches against much better defenses than the Big 12 have to offer. They score more points; but get beaten worse!
Think about it: Bama stuffed our running game most of the night(Etienne still ended with 86 yards I think). But against OU; Etienne would have run wild! If the pass and run game is going for us start singing that C/W song about turning out the lights. The party is over!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:33 PM

That's all.

Clemson would have stomped their a$$es too.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:02 PM

The OU offense would have scored some points but the OU defense is hot garbage. TL, Etienne and company would have lit-up the OU defense like a pinball machine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:44 AM

We can be a scoring machine like Oklahoma--one with a defense. That most likely would spell disaster for them. Maybe they would have matched Alabama, but I don't see a better game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic