Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Feaster start at RB in Game 1 for SCU or VT??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Would Feaster start at RB in Game 1 for SCU or VT??

Jul 12, 2019, 11:05 PM

The guy hasn't practiced since January and it's kinda hard to prepare by yourself other than working out. Nobody is going to give him a playbook to start studying or learning the schemes. Fall practice will be beginning before he has his graduation, so he will be missing a portion of of that too. I have no idea of the depth charts at these 2 schools, but that sure seems like a lot to overcome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Feaster start at RB in Game 1 for SCU or VT??

Jul 12, 2019, 11:23 PM

Virginia tech for sure. He might now be able to start game 1, but he would eventually take over and become a workhorse for them.

I know that we hate on South Carolina a lot on this board, but Rico Dowdle and Mon Denson have been in that system for 4 years now. There’s just no way Feaster takes over as the starter with only a couple of weeks of practice. It’s like you said, there’s no way one of those schools have even shown him their playbook yet. And to be honest, I don’t think he’s really that much better than both of those guys anyways. They would be a RB by committee for sure.

VT fans seem to want him bad

Jul 12, 2019, 11:42 PM

The thread on this board has 126 replies:

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Board/Virginia-Tech-Hokies-Message-Board-Forum-59428/

This board starts a thread or two about him daily:
https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/message_board/vtfootball/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Feaster start at RB in Game 1 for SCU or VT?? ]

Dowdle is an average RB at best, but Denson is better than Feaster at everything but receiving out of the backfield. I think he could solidify 2nd string by game 3

Jul 12, 2019, 11:35 PM

Play for each team one half for each game.

Jul 12, 2019, 11:53 PM

Yes, he has something none of those two schools have at RB elite speed. U5Cjr doesn’t have a single player on offense that can break a 70 or 80 yard run and he would also be their best receiving RB. He’s played RB his entire career picking up the playbook will not be difficult, he only needs to learn the terminology, a RB does the same thing on a sprint draw, toss sweep, or 38 power no matter whose playbook. So he’ll start but he want be effective at U5Sjr for two reasons 1) they aren’t committed to running the ball, 2) they don’t have the depth or talent on the OL to run the ball.

I think he ends up at VATech, because their coach is more committed to the running game and they’re a better overall team and Feaster can see that he’s not a high school senior.

I hope that Feaster does whats best for him

Jul 13, 2019, 6:21 AM

VT is the place to be. I wonder if Tnets disdain for the chickens is felt by the players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 13, 2019, 6:29 AM

I doubt he starts anywhere due to not knowing the playbook. He may work himself into that position by the end of the season but you can only learn so much in fall camp.

Jul 13, 2019, 9:10 AM

Is it possible that he has already committed to one of the teams and already has the playbook in hand? I understand that he can't "officially" sign or accept an offer until he graduates in a few weeks. With that said, just because an official announcement hasn't been made... does it mean the decision hasn't already been made? IMO, he has already committed to a school and a set of coaches and has likely been given some information regarding the playbook.

Jul 13, 2019, 1:05 PM

hes thinking about going to possum kingdom or suger ###.

I hope Feaster goes to a place he can get 10+ carries and

Jul 13, 2019, 1:30 PM

a 1-2 passes out of the backfield per game. If done correctly, I do think he can be a breakout player. I just hope that is for VT. Someone Justin Fuente could certainly find some creative ways to get him the ball.

Lastly, I just hope he stays healthy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like most agree by the time he's 'ready' to go

Jul 13, 2019, 4:18 PM

He won't get a whole lot more time to be seen than if he stayed at Clemson...

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic