Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bottom line, this basketball season is a disappointment.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Bottom line, this basketball season is a disappointment.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:14 PM

Brownell's 9 years has not been a step forward. We will get better when we decide to get better.

Go ahead, respond with all rationalizations, reasons, excuses, and explanations here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Bottom line, this basketball season is a disappointment.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:15 PM

Can’t. I agree with you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 2:16 PM

I agree 100%. Excusing this after a sweet 16 run and 4 returning starters would be a huge mistake. Make a change and show we don’t want mediocrity. We get what we accept.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with that approach is that we would likely

Feb 16, 2019, 6:16 PM

hire a “young up and comer” who has done a nice job at a mid-major school. We will hire him on the cheap, and hope that he can recruit and win here, and then hope that he will want to stay.

That has never worked at Clemson.

If we are going to try that again, I’d rather just give Brad a few more years to see what he can do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The problem with that approach is that we would likely

Feb 16, 2019, 8:19 PM

Yeah. Give brad more time. 10 years is such a small sample size we really don’t know what he can do yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know what we are getting with Brad.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:14 PM

A coach who works really hard, loves Clemson, runs a clean program, and has us competitive even against more talented teams.

We could do a LOT worse. In fact, we usually do.

For every up and comer that makes it as a big time college coach, there are examples of coaches who finally put it together at their school. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Brad could continue to improve our program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 16, 2019, 2:17 PM

I really thought we would be a good team this year. Never seemed to have the chemistry last year’s team had though. If I’m disappointed, I wonder how the kids feel busting their ### at practice every day.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:20 PM

The problem isn't the kids busting their #### at practice because our opponents do the same thing.
The problem is we can't compete for 40 minutes.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:18 PM

Nope you are 100% spot on.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:19 PM

So who sets up the Go Fund Me account? Or is this just a Bi#%^&ng session?

Feb 16, 2019, 2:24 PM

Agreed! Very disappointed! Our coach needs to seriously bench our seniors to get the point across starting next game. I'm serious. He needs to do something because he's losing the fans support very very quickly! No wonder nobody shows up for games. Who wants to watch a team lead the whole game and start doing stupid crap at the end to lose it. That's like torment

With what we had returning, it cannot be considered anything

Feb 16, 2019, 2:23 PM

but a disappointment. I do not want to even think about next year's record.

Re: With what we had returning, it cannot be considered anything

Feb 16, 2019, 2:25 PM

No way we win 10 games next year. Course it won’t matter. Same result as this year. No tournament.

Feb 16, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to With what we had returning, it cannot be considered anything ]

It’s really hard for me to be critical of the team I saw play today.they compete to the very last second against a team many consider much more talented . I like this team and coach. But I’m not perfect

Feb 16, 2019, 3:06 PM

19 turnovers and 38 percent shooting will lose a game almost every time

Feb 16, 2019, 8:21 PM

Yeah but they tried really hard.

It's been a rough season! No doubting that!***

Feb 16, 2019, 6:08 PM

I agree, it has been a disappointment based on what we thought we had.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:13 PM

Which was a veteran team that had been through the battles and would be able to weather the storm in tough situations.

Instead, we have seen a team that is probably a little less talented than we thought, and a lot less confident than we had hoped, but should still be expected to make the NCAA Tournament.

I am willing to see how this team finishes the season. Maybe they will surprise us. I know they will do their best, and hopefully that is enough.

Re: I agree, it has been a disappointment based on what we thought we had.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:17 PM

Why feel sorry for him Clemson made him a millionaire it's time to move on .

Well, Clemson basketball is a really tough job.

Feb 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

It stinks to feel like we have more bad breaks than we should, especially when we play hard and are so competitive. I’m ready for a few breaks to go our way.

You just spoke the truth and your beliefs. That makes you

Feb 16, 2019, 7:26 PM

a "hater" apparently.

Feb 16, 2019, 7:43 PM

Just wait until you see the quality of new recruits he is able to sign over the next three years, NOT TRANSFERS!!!! That will speak for itself!!!!

Feb 16, 2019, 9:10 PM

Brad Brownell is not a bad BB coach. His teams play hard and compete in the best conference in the country, however that does not mean that his program might well have hit a plateau last season. Oliver Purnell left because despite NCAA multiple appearances he still could not recruit consistently to Clemson.

Coach B. worked exceedingly hard to obtain funds from donors to upgrade LJC. Those changes have helped, but personally Brownell simply doesn’t bring a spark or fire to the team! Despite injuries and slow starts I hope this group has something left to prove or otherwise it is NIT at best. Spring recruiting has to bring better talent or else next season will be a real challenge to say the least.

While CBB reminds me of “good, but not great,” I have ask after a nine year tenure of ups and downs, is the person to finish the job? My inclination two weeks ago was perhaps, but following two heartbreaking losses I am not so certain. We needed better play from solid coaching in three one point defeats and we lost three winnable contests! My thought now leans towards a national search after next year and reassignment for Brownell or let him resign to relocate.

The next the months will tell us quite a bit.

Go Tigers!

3 shots in 3 games away

Feb 16, 2019, 8:16 PM

from being 18-7/8-4

disappointing and frustrating... but hardly the disaster so many here seem to think

still have chances to make this a good season

So true. It’s too bad some of our fans here can’t see that.***

Feb 16, 2019, 9:16 PM

Re: 3 shots in 3 games away

Feb 16, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to 3 shots in 3 games away ]

Without making the tournament though, this season won't be a good season. I would look at it more like we squandered an opportunity. You never know, because we still might make it.

Re: 3 shots in 3 games away

Feb 16, 2019, 9:27 PM

can't disagree with that

too many on here seem to have already given up on the season

Feb 16, 2019, 8:52 PM

????????????????????????????

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic