Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wisconsin QB Alex Hornibrook transferring to FSU******
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,112

Wisconsin QB Alex Hornibrook transferring to FSU******

Mar 10, 2019, 12:33 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That should really help them become...

Mar 10, 2019, 12:44 PM

A 28.5-point underdog in DV next year!!!

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisconsin QB Alex Hornibrook transferring to FSU******

Mar 10, 2019, 12:52 PM

Lol can u imagine X Thomas gettin after that kid? He is so bad. He has an arm like smalls

Mar 10, 2019, 1:03 PM

True freshman beat him out before the spring? Lol

Re: Wisconsin QB Alex Hornibrook transferring to FSU

Mar 10, 2019, 1:12 PM

even if true why FSU? I mean that place is a dumpster fire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisconsin QB Alex Hornibrook transferring to FSU

Mar 10, 2019, 1:19 PM

They have a shortage of QBs.

Mar 10, 2019, 1:08 PM

The kid must like PAIN. That offensive line can't block the wind!

I guess this is part of Willie's plan?

Mar 10, 2019, 1:20 PM

Uh oh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 1:41 PM

He'll be backing up Blackmon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 1:44 PM

I think Blackmon could be an absolute stud in the right system, an OL, and if he could put on 30 lbs of muscle. He has an amazing arm. I bet get gets hurt this year. Their OL is dangerous and he is going to get hurt.

Sounds like a perfect fit.***

Mar 10, 2019, 1:50 PM

so Taggart did have a plan?

Mar 10, 2019, 1:55 PM

Solid Willie, solid ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it were 2 or 3 of their OL

Mar 10, 2019, 1:59 PM

I might be concerned

Mar 10, 2019, 2:03 PM

Meh. Hornibrook is a three-year starter and the NFL might take a look at him as a backup because he played in a pro-style system under center for three years with Wisconsin, but I really question him going to FSU. As a matter of fact, it'd probably be tough to come up with a worse fit for the guy.

Hornibrook has played a ton of football, though in 2018 he threw for just 13 TD's against 11 INT's, and just 1,532 yards. (Yes, that's for the whole season! Career-wise he's 426 of 706 (60.3%) for 47 TD's against 33 INT's, and has totaled 5,438 yards. His best year was 2017, when he got 25 TD's against 15 picks, and threw for all of 2,644 yards, which dropped bigly in 2018 for whatever reason even though he appeared in every game for the Badgers. Dunno why.

His highlight reel shows he's a pretty typical Wisconsin QB...immobile, unathletic, a pure pocket guy who throws mostly off play-action while the RB bashes it 30+ times a game. He doesn't extend plays with his feet, he isn't a threat to run (he's run for minus 241 yards in his career, meaning his sack total far exceeds whatever he's picked up with his feet), and he needs a pocket to be effective. Watch his highlight film, you can see he's not overly aware of the rush...he took some kill shots similar to the one that got Connor Mitch (remember him? No?) put in near-traction for Carolina after two games a couple years back.

Oh, and yeah, FSU's O-line is abysmal. Not sure what the dude is thinking. Hornibrook may look like a Crash Test Dummy on the wrong end of bulldozer testing before midseason. Then again, the only other scholarship QB on the roster is Slenderman...err, sorry, James Blackman, who has pumped himself up to a husky 185 as of this writing, up from the 165 he played at as a true frosh, so maybe the FSU coaches figure that two immobile QB's are better than one. You know, to run that up-tempo spread that FSU coach Willie Taggart borrowed from Clemson and Oregon, and which in no way suits either QB.

I'll just shake my head at this, and walk away sadly. But FSU is not going to be challenging Clemson in 2019. In fact I don't think they're going to be challenging Syracuse in 2019.

What's going on down in Tally?

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic