Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Willie Taggart has yet to sign a QB out of high school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,537

Willie Taggart has yet to sign a QB out of high school

Feb 6, 2019, 12:48 PM

FSU is facing some big problems down the road.

Problem is, we can't shut down the ESPN/SEC love fest by ourselves. We need other ACC football teams to step it up and get back to national prominence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Willie Taggart has yet to sign a QB out of high school

Feb 6, 2019, 12:55 PM

National prominence? FSPU is the only other one that ever fit into that category. Maybe Mack Brown will lead the Tarhole charge. Heehee. Or Dave Dontren at NC Snake will get it done. Haha. Dino Babers? Doubtful. Manny Diaz at MyAmy? Who knows? Clemson? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GooooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, national prominence

Feb 6, 2019, 1:07 PM

meaning consistently ranking in the top 15 or higher at the end of a season.

Using that as a measuring stick - FSU, Louisville, VT and Miami have all been there in the last 10-12 years. I'm not asking anyone to like these schools. I'm just sick of this "Clemson's path to the playoff is easier playing their weak schedule" narrative. Our path to the playoff is no easier or harder than the one Alabama travels (just look at the regular season records) but we get no credit for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious question, why does it matter?

Feb 6, 2019, 1:51 PM

We've won 2 national championships in the last 3 years. We've been in the playoffs 4 years in a row and made the national championship game 3 of those years. If Alabama got credit for winning a stronger conference, it sure as heck didn't help them against the team that won the ACC. And I'm fine with that. Let the coots talk about how bad the ACC is before losing 28-0 against a middle tier ACC team.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Serious question, why does it matter?

Feb 6, 2019, 2:21 PM

Right now, the only game that has mattered for a title has been the Clemson/Bammy game. We just need to schedule 15 games against Bama, when we go 15-0 (likely more likely 9-6, but 15 sounds more like dabo) against them, I am sure they will crown ND the champ.

If you think any of this is serious

Feb 6, 2019, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Serious question, why does it matter? ]

we won't find common ground.

Sporting events are not serious and they honestly don't matter. I still enjoy them and would like to see things work out the way I've already described. I want us to get credit for playing a quality schedule - which we do.

That's my last word on the subject. Enjoy your day.

No, Clemson doesn't need any help from the ACC

Feb 6, 2019, 1:00 PM

and we just proved that this year. It's fine by me if FSU continues to suck for another 50 years.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No, Clemson doesn't need any help from the ACC

Feb 6, 2019, 1:05 PM

There are not enough TU's to show my full support and belief in this post!

Especially the FSU sucking for 50 years part.

Shhhh ... maybe no one will notice ... until its too late.***

Feb 6, 2019, 2:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,537
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic