Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will be traveling through Alabama this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Will be traveling through Alabama this weekend

Jun 21, 2019, 6:21 AM

And I plan on flying the Clemson car flag proudly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will be traveling through Alabama this weekend

Jun 21, 2019, 6:57 AM

I'm headed there next month. Wifes family is there. Mostly Auburn folks but still will be fun

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might want to watch this video before "tricking out"

Jun 21, 2019, 8:10 AM

your car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4

That's awesome!

Jun 21, 2019, 1:15 PM

Thanks for posting.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

You're welcome.***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:34 PM

Jun 21, 2019, 8:16 AM

Went to Central Tennessee to pick up a new boat last Friday, and stayed in Guntersville, Al on my way back that night. Intentionally wore a Clemson shirt that was gray with a big Tiger paw as to not attract much attention. Tiger paws and Nat Championship magnets on my truck proudly displayed tho.

When I checked in to the Hampton Inn in G'ville that evening, I walked in behind a silver haired gentleman who I recognized as Tommy Tuberville. I checked in as he checked in next to me. I was staying for free on my points, and with no fuss they handed me my room card. He didn't have a reservation so they charged him $200 for the night, and made him produce an ID. I joked with him, that apparently they ask everyone for ID (except me), and having seen his Tommy Tuberville for US Senate sticker on his truck, asked him if his proposed new occupation would more challenging than his old. He agreed that it probably would, and asked me where I was from. I told him close to Clemson, and remarked that he had noticed my shirt. Wished him luck and went on about my way.

Other than a lady in the elevator who saw my Clemson paw on my Yeti cup and asked "Are you one of those Clemson Fans?" Tommy T was the only one who took notice of my Tiger pride.

Having traveled Alabama for business for the better part of 20 years, All in all, most Al fans give us a lot of respect (now that we are truly relevant, and Dabo is in the drivers seat). Maybe it's just me as I get along with everybody...and don't seem to run into the ones that call in daily to Finebaum!

Jun 21, 2019, 8:40 AM

I'm going to Navarre beach Florida so I basically have to drive through the entire state of Alabama, interested to see the interaction I will get.

Jun 21, 2019, 10:04 AM

Stood on the Alabama State Capital steps last weekend with a Clemson shirt. It felt great!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 10:15 AM

Remember the movie Deliverance, just sayin!!!??

Going to T-town as they call it July 6th

Jun 21, 2019, 11:02 AM

My wife bought one of those expensive cats online from Jackson MS. The breeder agreed to meet us in Tuscaloosa. A buddy of mine at work played baseball at University of Alabama during the same time as Bear Bryant. He helped Bryant on the practice field because of his speed.

He told me to stop by Bear Bryant's Museum and different restaurants to try. He warned me the people in Tuscaloosa are different then the rest of the state. Do not wear anything Clemson in that town. You will be asking for confrontation and not as friendly kind as you hope.

Message was edited by: Tigerrag89®

Re: Going to T-town as they call it July 6th

Jun 21, 2019, 6:20 PM

Just spent this past Saturday-Wednesday in Mobile for a mini vacation, stopped in Auburn for lunch on the way down and detoured to Tuscaloosa for breakfast on the way back. Me and my wife literally wore Clemson shirts (and my hat) every day we were in the state and didn't get any negative reactions. Got some ribbing from the hotel restaurants waiter one day, but he also checked on us the next day when he saw us walking out to make sure we were headed in a safe direction. Mainly got a bunch of confused looks when they realized wrong tiger team. Now Tuscaloosa we got a lot of "eat ####" looks from customers but the waitress was great and had some fun with us, she couldn't believe I was paying with a purple credit card but she gave me an orange pen with the check, she had to know I would respond to her roll tide note.

Honestly the people were more pleasant than the ones in Columbus the June after we demolished O31-0 state, nobody even acknowledged we had Clemson stuff on or even that they had a football team

Re: Going to T-town as they call it July 6th

Jun 21, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Going to T-town as they call it July 6th ]

Double post...

Message was edited by: Mirage276

Jun 21, 2019, 9:00 PM

Prolly wanna take some of these

Jun 21, 2019, 11:25 PM

I hate to say this about another Tiger fan...but if you get your car keyed or something, you kinda deserve it...kind of a #### move.

Jun 22, 2019, 12:31 AM

TigerBTM said:

I hate to say this about another Tiger fan...but if you get your car keyed or something, you kinda deserve it...kind of a #### move.

How is it a #### move just putting a Clemson flag on the car?

Jun 22, 2019, 4:47 PM

It's not when you are headed to a game...or its the week after a big game/win/championship. Otherwise, just on the car cause you're going to be driving through AL...yeah, it's just kinda prickish.

Jun 21, 2019, 11:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic