Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there hope?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,245

Is there hope?

May 31, 2014, 7:41 PM

Let's hope the Clemson administration is paying attention and sees how far this baseball program has slid and continues to slide under the current leadership. This was supposed to be a turnaround year but yet it was more of the same and will be more of the same with the current coach. Coach Wilhelm stepped aside when it was time for the good of the program. Let's see if the current coach can put his ego aside to the do the same thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he stays, it will only get worse.***

May 31, 2014, 7:52 PM

Re: If he stays, it will only get worse.***

May 31, 2014, 9:17 PM

Agreed

Wilhelm left too early

May 31, 2014, 7:59 PM

I always thought Wilhelm left TOO EARLY. Really felt he could have stayed a few more years with ease. Maybe another couple of years under him would have helped Jack concentrate on developing relationships with state coaches. AND learn how to get base runners to not be so reckless and get hitters to swing the blasted bat with 2 strikes on them. Seems to me the hitting instruction has been lacking for several years.

Re: Wilhelm left too early

May 31, 2014, 9:25 PM

Leggett has been to the postseason more and advanced to the CWS more frequently than Wilhelm. 1 missed postseason in 21 years means nothing huh? Even a powerhouse like LSU has missed the postseason twice in the last 7 years. Florida had an overall losing record last year. The problem is primarily a bunch of football fans that never cared about Clemson baseball and know nothing about college baseball suddenly are up in arms because SCar won a title at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2014, 11:47 PM

That's not me. Been going to Clemson baseball games since I was five years old.
But if you can't see the slide this program is in, you either have your eyes closed or you choose to not see.
Terrible defense and fundamentals, no offense, spotty pitching, lacking in recruiting. This slide will continue as long as he's the head coach.
Coach Wilhelm left the program with probably two or three more 50-win seasons he could have had and Leggett took advantage of that. But the last 5 years have been laughable.

Jun 1, 2014, 12:58 AM

Yeah going to the CWS the pst few years is laughable...DA again

Jun 1, 2014, 10:21 AM

Past few years implies recent, that hasn't happened.

Wow - logic.

Jun 1, 2014, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Wilhelm left too early ]

Ain't happy with the playing either, but good grief, all of a sudden everyone shows up trying to be baseball gurus. And all they can do is badmouth my team - pisses me off. I suppose they will start calling for the swim coach to get lost too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow - logic.

Jun 1, 2014, 12:24 AM

FIRE THE SWIM COACH.

Jun 1, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Wilhelm left too early ]

It is difficult for Coach to build relationships. His arrogance puts people off. Compare Bowden and Swinney approach.

While I breathe, I hope

May 31, 2014, 9:19 PM

Seems I read that somewhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there hope?

Jun 1, 2014, 12:56 AM

Lol... Turnaround year with a bunch of freshmen? And Wilhelm stepped aside after 30+ years when it was time to retire you DA...

Re: Is there hope?

Jun 1, 2014, 10:23 AM

It was time? The team won 50-plus games right after he retired with the talent he recruited. That's not happening any time soon.

Fire Jack and hire Monte Lee = Hope

Jun 1, 2014, 1:16 AM

NM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,245
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic