Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 863

Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump?

Jan 21, 2019, 7:02 PM

The man proves himself unfit for office day after day after day. He will go down as not just the worst President in history, but also the most morally corrupt. I understand sticking to your guns (no pun intended) in regard to policy, but this is a man who often goes against Republican policy (i.e. Russia and a handful of other nations led by terrible autocrats). So what’s in it for you? Why follow him off the edge? Why make yourself continue to look like a fool? Why don’t 99% of Republicans admit that this guy is a disaster?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump?

Jan 21, 2019, 7:07 PM

They are either weak, stupid, or they are just sick of liberal BS and they are rebelling against liberal PC BS. Anyone who truly likes and sincerely supports Trump is a total piece of garbage. That said, look where the PC libs keep pushing them towards. Trump is a product of libs gone wild.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good way to put it

Jan 21, 2019, 7:43 PM

They like him because he is the "anti liberal elite"

They don't***

Jan 21, 2019, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ This ^^^

Jan 21, 2019, 7:47 PM

SOME do follow him blindly, I'm sure, but the reason so many Republicans support Trump is not because they think he is a paragon of virtue, but because he supports what they believe to be virtuos causes and the better policies, especially when contrasted with the growing popularity of the anti-American radical left, and the even more egregious dishonesty and corruption that defines them. Of course, I don't expect many liberals will accept that simple truth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: ^^^ This ^^^

Jan 21, 2019, 10:43 PM

Ok what, exactly, are Trump’s “causes”...other than himself and stirring up the populists with anti-immigrant rhetoric? Please, tell me.

Re: ^^^ This ^^^

Jan 22, 2019, 10:32 AM

Mostly rebuilding the economy, bolstering the military, and putting us in a position of strength with the rest of the world.

Republican's like Trump because they like the fact that his mantra is "America bows to no one".

Contrast that with the images of Obama actually bowing to leaders of states which have shown hostility to the US, and you see why Republicans support him.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:12 PM

I don’t blindly follow him. I like his policies and I like the fact that he is challenging the status quo. I do not like his tweeting and the bully pulpit that he will occupy time to time. I do not enjoy that he is the center of every controversy instead of just letting th me media be the media and rising above, he gets in the dirt with them.

The media incessantly beat up and made fun of and demonized George W. Bush. But he never got in the mid with them, he was I guess you would say “Presidential” and did what he felt best for the Nation. Obama would argue back like Trump and get pissy, but that was fine for the masses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 7:17 PM

Obama was a class act. W was a class act, but he took us to Iraq and deserved all he got. That said, maybe he would have got beat up by the media even without Iraq. I personally disliked him due to Iraq. Trump is human garbage and the first of his kind in office.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:01 PM

Carlsbad® said:

Obama was a class act. W was a class act, but he took us to Iraq and deserved all he got. That said, maybe he would have got beat up by the media even without Iraq. I personally disliked him due to Iraq. Trump is human garbage and the first of his kind in office.

Sadly you like most are woefully ignorant as to why we went to Iraq. WMD,Yellow Cake and AlQuida were not the reasons.

Jan 21, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump? ]

Revisionist History. A split majority and bad intelligence sent us to Iraq. You do know he needed authorization?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:06 PM

Well I say bad intelligence. But I think it all was run to Syria. That where we see it to this day, so it definitely crossed the border.

Jan 22, 2019, 5:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump? ]

Most Dems voted against the war in Iraq. That's fact. That was a Repub war and there was no split. It was moronoic war by a Repub president. It really came down to him. He took us there. That said, if it were not for the Repubs ignorance we would have not been there. That's one thing I like about Trump, he always bashed that war. unlike Hillary who thought that war was a great idiea.

Here is the vote. Senate

Repubs 48 for and 1 against

Dems 29 for 21 against

House

Repubs 215 for 6 against

Dems 82 for 126 against

Jan 22, 2019, 10:36 AM

You also need to remember that every major country in NATO and the European Union (France in particular), begged the U.S. to initiate action against Iraq, and they did so under the guise that they feared WMD stockpiling. Obviously that turned out to be a farce and those countries quickly became among the biggest critics of the US going to Iraq, but that is what happened.

I also recall Bush pressing the UN to do as much as possible to peacefully intervene with Iraq and confirm there were no WMD's in existence or in production, and Iraq basically gave the UN the middle finger.

In hindsight, we should've stayed out of Iraq. No WMD's, and it critically destabilized the entire region in the worst way. Regime building doesnt work.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do Republicans blindly follow Trump? ]

The only way Trump alters the status quo is that he’s an unprofessional schmuck that serves fast food to his dinner guests.

Why did u dry

Jan 21, 2019, 7:28 PM

Hump Obama for 8?

To answer your question, he is doing what he said he would do. As opposed ed to the snake in grass pubs.

The wall is his last promise. Sad thing is he had pubs blocking him first 2 yrs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did u dry

Jan 21, 2019, 9:12 PM

I don’t know what dry humping Obama means- you sound like a weirdo- but Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall and now he’s hijacked the government to ensure we will. What say you, Humpty?

Because he ran on issues no other GOP candidate would touch

Jan 21, 2019, 8:19 PM

He wasn't an insider. He was not from DC. He then took his platform, attitude, and all the issues, and proved all the pundits wrong by winning.

So love him or hate him, SOMEONE better pay attention to him. And for the record the GOP isn't following him. If they did, they would have passed funding for a wall when they owned Congress. But they didn't. Because they're NOT following Trump, and NOT paying attention to him other than lip service. And that's bad because he struck a nerve and the GOP is ignoring it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He submitted a budget...did it have wall funding....

Jan 22, 2019, 10:40 AM

in it that was stripped by the last Congress?

Also, why did he wait until now to push back on funding and shut the government down? Why not the last go-around?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 10:57 PM

Don't blindly follow anybody. The man knows how to get chit done. Stop acting ignorant.

https://bongino.com/list-the-incredible-results-of-president-trumps-first-two-years-in-office/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 12:32 AM

He’s gotten nothing significant done other than a tax cut for the rich. Otherwise, all he’s done is exert executive orders to roll back common-sense laws. Stop reading whatever the F “bongino” is (you can’t be serious) and get a clue.

your "tax cut for the rich" line is BS btw***

Jan 22, 2019, 10:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 863
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic