Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why all the room and gloom concerning the offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,647

Why all the room and gloom concerning the offense?

Sep 18, 2019, 12:17 AM

Clemson’s offense is averaging 39 points per game, a whopping 544 yards of total offense, 251 yards rushing and 293.3 yards through the air. That is balance and domination at its finest, and the offense isn’t even clicking on all cylinders. When it does, watch out. (David Hood)

I get it. They've made mistakes, but my goodness, they're still playing hard and putting up good numbers. Relax. The best is yet to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not buying the “gloom”

Sep 18, 2019, 12:37 AM

...but Dabo says there’s “room” for improvement when we cleanup the penalties and increase our efficiency.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not buying the “gloom”

Sep 18, 2019, 1:41 AM

Are we ready to trust this Dabo fella yet though ? I mean ... what do we really know about the guy ?
Coots say he's a big cheerleader that should be selling houses in Tuscaloosa .
Call me crazy , but I am gonna withold judgement because he's deserving of more time to show some improvement on the field .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Why all the room and gloom concerning the offense?

Sep 18, 2019, 6:48 AM

First off, this is no way a criticism of our offense, but rather just an observation.
Secondly, do not look at the dominance we had against Bama in the championship game. My take is one aspect of our offense that frustrates me at times.
Every Saturday morning for the past 5 years, I am on the phone with my cousin and we discuss the day's game, talking about what we want to see happen, and then give our prediction on the score.
At some point, one of us will make the observation that we hope Clemson will score on their opening possession of at least one half,and then when the game, or the 2nd half start, what happens we go 3 and out, or maybe pick up a 1st down,and then half to punt.
Granted, we might be averaging 39 points a game, but sometimes it would be nice to see us jump on an opponent, and put them away early.
I have enough grey hair as it is, and would love to be able to relax as I did in the 4th quarter of the championship game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leftie, I haave noticed that too

Sep 18, 2019, 8:05 AM

In fact my almost 11-year old son complains frequently about a slow start for our offense that occurs in almost every game. It is amazing though how quick our coaches and players make adjustments and the offense starts to click. I guess I'd rather see us scoring points at the end of the first half than the beginning,and at the end of the game (if needed) than at the start of the 3rd quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: leftie, I haave noticed that too

Sep 18, 2019, 10:45 AM

Scoring late in the second quarter and early in the third quarter can often lead to those relaxing blowouts that we enjoy as the season goes.

About the only way that doesn't spell blowout is if we were to have a rough 1st quarter on offense and defense.

I love the games where we take a 7-10 point lead into the 2 minute drill, score to close the half, and then score first early in the 3rd quarter.

Not sure who's gloomy

Sep 18, 2019, 6:49 AM

...anybody who's familiar with Dabo's Clemson teams should know that we start slow and build a head of steam as the season progresses.

At the start of 2016, I was doom & gloom about our offense.

To me, the only difference is the 2019 Tigers are more talented. Wait 'til mid-October. We'll be more than fine.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only people that are gloomy are dirt peckers worried

Sep 18, 2019, 8:09 AM

about a six-peat...followed by a seven-peat...followed...

A spoiled fan base...

Sep 18, 2019, 9:02 AM

who expects to see the offense pick-up right where it left off after the drubbing of Alabama in the national championship game.

By the time week twelve rolls around, this offense will look very different than it did in weeks one, two, and three.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A spoiled fan base...

Sep 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

We also ###### the first 20 plays to see how the defense defends them, I think. So, this could cause the slow start, unless everything goes perfect. Potentially, we can score on any play, but the defense is all excited because the score is 0-0. After we get up, not so much and then we score in a variety of ways with fresh guys. All of our guys are good, but we just haven’t put it all together so far this season. It will happen though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some people on Tigernet,

Sep 18, 2019, 9:43 AM

if you gave them a bag full of money, they'd complain about the color of the bag.

Me, I'm just enjoying the ride and hope it never ends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Why all the room and gloom concerning the offense?

Sep 18, 2019, 10:56 AM

They are just being objective. Just like the coaches and the pundits. Its not doom and gloom. Its just that were arent in sync yet and people point out the obvious. Our players are even saying the same thing. People being objecting and pointing out reality.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic