Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum?

Feb 21, 2019, 9:59 AM

Not autism. Political spectrum.

<-------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------->
D..........................................M/I..............................................R

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum?

Feb 21, 2019, 10:13 AM

<-|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
balm<......D..........................................M/I..............................................R

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 10:48 AM

<-----------------------------------------|------------------------------------------>
D..................................................M/I....XX..............................................R

^^^Probably a pretty good estimate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Feb 21, 2019, 11:51 AM

This is a terrible spectrum...

This is an accurate political spectrum graph.

FBcoachSC would be the left side, top left quadrant.

Balm would be left side, bottom left quadrant.

I would fall on the bottom right corner.

Give me a couple of hours, and I will map out P&R members on this image as to where their ideologies align.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Authoritarian huh***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Authoritarian huh***

Feb 21, 2019, 11:58 AM

In this graph, Authoritarian = Bigger government.

You will find some of these spectrum graphs online that have Obama int he top right quadrant and Bernie Sanders as a moderate at near dead-center. In terms of global politics, that would be accurate, but the graph I will map will only be in context of American politics, in which case, Obama would be middle of the top left, Sanders middle of the bottom left, so on and so forth.

Authoritarian right would be your traditional republicans and conservatives. The middle of the graph, and the 0 mark on the Y and X axis, represents true centrism. The corners and edges of the graph are true extremism, either central extremism (where the X and Y axis' touch the border) or polarized extremism (the corners).

So, someone thats "Authoritarian right" that is close to the middle of the graph would be a Marco Rubio Conservative. Someone who is "Authoritarian Right" that is placed in the top right corner would be someone who is akin to Rick Santorum or that nutcase state legislator from Georgia that Sasha Baron Cohen trolled on his TV show.

Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum? ]

Mirriam-Webster disagrees with your use of the term "Authoritarian":

Definition of authoritarian
1 : of, relating to, or favoring blind submission to authority
had authoritarian parents
2 : of, relating to, or favoring a concentration of power in a leader or an elite not constitutionally responsible to the people
an authoritarian regime

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

This is not in accordance with the Merriam Webster definition. This is in the context of American politics.

A good example of this dichotomy of definitions is American politics vs Global politics.

In the context of this graph:
Authoritarian Right extreme = Expanding the Military Industrial Complex, The War of Drugs, The War on Terror, Regime Change

Authoritarian Left extreme = Obamacare, Obama-era trade policies, Nation Building

Libertarian Right extreme = No Social of Welfare services, only minimal government programs to support business and the economy. Farm Bill and Infrastructure spending, Abolishing NAFTA

Libertarian Left = No sort of government programs to assist business or military, government only exists to provide welfare and healthcare. Medicare For All and The Green New Deal, Raising the minimum wage

Feb 21, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum? ]

Felix2

Here is a graph I just put together that features some prominent politicians. This will help with the context of the terms in this graph.

And this where you continue to fail.

Feb 21, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Where do P&R posters rank on the spectrum? ]

You have no way to map people out without them taking a test, and you also put yourself in an area where you think it's favorable without taking the test.

I'm astounded continuously how someone as smart as you seem to be can't get past this rush to generalization and assumption.

We've also taken these tests a gazillions times on P&R and they're meh.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: And this where you continue to fail.

Feb 21, 2019, 2:56 PM

I only mapped candidates. But If I were to map myself, I would be under Booker and to the right, so negative of Booker on the Y axis and positive of Booker on the X axis. I am a right leaning Libertarian, but only marginally so with heavy libertarian tendencies.

Booker is actually fairly closer to my ideals than any other on this chart, except maybe Ron Paul (who I dont like and believe to be a lunatic). But, I also cant stand Booker mainly because he has become a huge prima donna that is catering to Left wing outrage culture.

I have been criticizing the Left much more heavily as of late due to the fact that they have been creating the biggest #### ups in pretty much all facets of their program. The last time I had major issues with the Republican party was 2012, however, I can say that Trump is tripping up in my opinion. The wall funding via EO/National Emergency, his position on firearms, unconstitutional appointments, etc.

I am not only not on that spectrum, I would love to

Feb 21, 2019, 2:18 PM

savagely destroy it.

Here is the spectrum for me...

Constitution ---------------------Everything else

This.

Feb 21, 2019, 2:38 PM

There's your spectrum, folks. Get on it 100 percent or G T F O.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I am not only not on that spectrum, I would love to

Feb 21, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to I am not only not on that spectrum, I would love to ]

So, to the right of Rand Paul on my graph lol

Here.... this explains it.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:45 PM

Based on this and killa's 4-Quad

Feb 22, 2019, 8:19 AM

Doc~Mulvaney.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Here.... this explains it.

Feb 22, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Here.... this explains it. ]

You realize you're talking to someone with a masters in POSC...right?

Jesus really? I have so much more work to do now.

Feb 22, 2019, 12:07 PM

;)

The intersection of optimum beer level with weed level***

Feb 21, 2019, 5:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The intersection of optimum beer level with weed level***

Feb 21, 2019, 5:29 PM

Basically:

Feb 21, 2019, 9:16 PM

so that is how you pegged me as left leaning libertarian.

Feb 22, 2019, 9:11 AM

You are probably closer to the bottom left corner of that chart than anyone else on TNet.

It's just Flowers mantra

Feb 22, 2019, 9:28 AM

Not to be taken seriously.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Attila the Hun isn't on there, so APM can't be to the right.

Feb 22, 2019, 12:13 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic