Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you hear for several weeks that the game will be a rout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,693

When you hear for several weeks that the game will be a rout

Nov 26, 2018, 12:34 PM

When Vegas sets the spread at an historical level and fans from both teams fully expect a complete run-away, you have a perfect recipe for a let down by the favored team and emotional over-achievement by the under dog.

One team starts to believe their press clippings and the other team uses them for the bulletin board.

It shouldn’t have been such a shock to see a fairly competitive game Saturday night.

It as almost inevitable.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree...and I still say winning by 21 is a rout. If not for

Nov 26, 2018, 12:36 PM

bogus PI calls we cover the spread and win by 28 or 35.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The officials probably had a little something on the game...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:49 PM

At least that would explain those two incredibly bad calls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It wasn't really a competitive game after USuCk's

opening drive. We took over from that point and never looked back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It wasn't really a competitive game after USuCk's

Nov 26, 2018, 1:14 PM

I totally agree. Wasn’t close on the field in the trenches. We dominated both lines of scrimmage. Rolling the pocket did help take some heat off of Bentley but they still could not run it and that’s the real barometer. And he did what he’s done best all season - scrambling around & finding an open receiver on an otherwise busted play on a number of occasions. Good job by their staff coming in with a good game plan and executing as well as anyone has against us. But then having nothing to lose allows s team to play with reckless abandon. And they did

Can’t wait til next year. Maybe they’ll be better but we will be too

Great win for Tiger nation. Keep rolling

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you hear for several weeks that the game will be a rout

It wasn’t competitive for nearly the last half of the game, like most of our games. We won by 21 for crying out loud. We gave up 2 garbage touchdowns and had a touchdown erroneously taken away right before halftime.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:38 PM

We should have won by 28+ but the refs screws us out of a TD.

If we clean up 3-4 busted plays it's probably a 35 point game.

There's no shame in winning by 21.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:40 PM

You have hit the nail squarely on the head only it probably is more applicable to fans than the teams themselves. I think our fans, many of them, were expecting a 56 - 10 blowout with our second and third teams hitting the field in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Anything less than that was going to be a disappointment to them. I am elated with the victory and told myself before the game that ANY win was fine with me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the clemson-scar game was a rout

Nov 26, 2018, 12:47 PM

it was only close for a half.

Clemson scored at will. ..they didn't have to put in the 2nd string D and they didn't have to slow down on offense.

Clemson was up by 4 tds, they put in tyne 2nd string D. scar scored. .ok.. still up by 3 tds.

they ran a conservative offense to run out the clock, got the ball down into game #### territory...fumbled.

scar scores a td.. now its a 2 td lead. Clemson said bunk this. ..it's time to score another td to pad this cushion. .

they immediately went down and scored another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Did anyone ever really pucker up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:51 PM

I mean, it's annoying to watch your defense get shredded by a guy throwing under duress most of the night, but at no point in the stands did it ever feel like we were in danger of losing. If for no other reason than they needed Lawrence to make about three big mistakes and that was not going to happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely NOT !!!!***

Nov 26, 2018, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 26, 2018, 12:58 PM

Looks like it may happen again this week.

Take the points.

Exactly. I've been a part of this for longer than most

Nov 26, 2018, 1:04 PM

TNetters have been alive.

Nothing, and I mean, nothing is over until that freaking clock says 0:00. And if we have one more point than our opponents, we win. Our rivalry with the Gamecocks works the same way...always has...always will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 1:11 PM

I was definitely concerned going into this game that the bar was being set way too high, and that anything less than total domination would be met with disappointment. Giving up 35 points and 600 yds of offense was quite the contrast to the expectations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic