Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair

Jul 22, 2019, 9:53 AM

All goes back to style of play. The SEC offensive mindset is stuck in the 1980s. They believe we should all be lining up in the I formation and mindlessly pounding the ball up the middle to prove who's the better man. Their defenses are even built to stop that offense. They get uncomfortable when they have to shy away from their base defense and play more Nickle and Dime. Saban has had no answer for Clemson's spread offense since 2015. Even before that, Boyd took what he wanted from the vaunted LSU defense. Sorry SEC, offenses have evolved. Keep up the delusion of grandeur though, your petty comments and physicality championships amuse me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair

Jul 22, 2019, 9:58 AM

Now that there is funny, but true!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Jul 22, 2019, 9:59 AM

75% of the SEC if not more are running spread offenses. Even Bama, LSU, and UGA are running spread concepts. Really the only one running the kind of offense you’re talking about is Tennessee.

The “more physical” comments are garbage and them toeing the party line. My thought is they see the monster that Dabo has built/is continuing to build and are trying to put pressure on recruits to go to the SEC even if it’s not their actual school.

But saying they are running out of the I and idiotic stuff like that is just not true.

Re: What?

Jul 22, 2019, 11:42 AM

Exactly

LSU just switched to a spread coordinator

Jul 22, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to What? ]

UGA, A&M And a few other are running more single back pro style offenses.

Gus runs a weird spread where one year they mostly ran the ball out of it. Chad Morris just took over at Arkansas and is changing the program out of the lazy hog ground and pound offense they ran for years.

Bama just started spreading it out recently. The original poster has a point. They are late to the party on spread offenses. The ACC has had a lot better QB play and offensive diversity for many years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP said

Jul 22, 2019, 12:02 PM

that all of the SEC believes you should run your offense out of the I. That’s not even remotely true.

They were slower to adapt to the modern spread offenses but that’s not what the OP said.

Re: When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair

Jul 22, 2019, 10:00 AM

I mean, with perfect passes, there was no contact on this tiger TD

Jul 22, 2019, 10:22 AM

I don't see anyone asking Jonah Williams how physical Clemson was. he spent most of the game sitting down due to Clelin Ferrell pushing him down. But yet that's not physical. Even on the above play he missed blocking Clelin.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair ]

Slightly OT, but i can't resist. I loved this play.

I really think this poor throw was created by Simmons' blitz. Initially he was behind Cle, then he came around the corner in perfect timing to totally obscure Tua's throwing lane.

Unfortunately for Bama, Tua never gives up on a play--if this were Trevor, he'd throw the ball 20 yards out of bounds--so AJ wasn't even playing the WR. He was playing the ball--either instinctively, or by a beautiful BV design--in the only spot Tua could throw it.

Totally disagree with Herbie's take. He never mentioned Simmons' assist in the INT in the broadcast.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:29 AM

You are 100% right with Simmons.

This was just the perfect example of everyone executing their job to perfection w/ faith. You don't always need to have a blunt hammer. Playing physical (ie going for a hit on the QB/WR) would not have netted a TD here. Pick the moments, but to pick the moment you need to be prepared.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: When the SEC says it's more physical, they really mean Clemson isn't playing fair ]

I agree that Simmons' blitz had a lot to do with the int. Tua didn't have time to really know if his guy was open or not. The entire offensive line had collapsed and the pressure was coming from everyone. This was a desperation throw by Tua and AJ took advantage of it. Again showing the physicality of our Defense against what was supposed to be Bama's best Offense every. Clelin and company just pushed Bama's o-line around all night during pass plays and played the bend don't break until Bama got inside the 20. Coach V didn't want to get beat deep and allowed bama to move the ball until they reached to redzone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 11:44 AM

Then perhaps we should Not "Fire Batson" ?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 11:50 AM

Kind of like complaining that Michael Jordan jumped too high or that Seth Curry shoots too many 3's too well.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:51 AM

Point for "delusions of grandeur"... Nobody sees our 1st Unit for more than 3 quarters (including the Tide)...The 2nd, 3rd and 4th backups are giving opponents all they can handle...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 12:10 PM

“They aren’t as physical yet they are still dominant to us”

This really means we are out coaching them at every corner. They’re saying they’re better ‘football’ players yet they still get beat. Aka we’re playing chess and they’re playing checkers.

I’ll take that as a compliment.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic