Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are Duke , They are Us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

We are Duke , They are Us

Nov 13, 2018, 6:00 AM

Clemson Football is to Duke Football as Duke Basketball is to Clemson Basketball .
One is a monster to the other in both , but this weekend is our football meet and greet ... and they're leaving with another loss .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

When Dabo says his vision is much bigger for our program

Nov 13, 2018, 6:40 AM

Than where we are today, I think Duke and UCLA under Wooden are much more what he has in mind than Alabama.

He wants our men to be leaders in commerce, coaching, tv, politics, etc.

We will far surpass anythimg that Saban has done.

The best is yet to come

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: When Dabo says his vision is much bigger for our program

Nov 13, 2018, 7:11 AM

Wooden was a Wizard, so in a class of his own that might never be surpassed or reached. The Wizard of Westwood.

Years ago, when we were searching for a new HC to replace Shyatt (I think it was him), I wanted CLEMSON to ask John Wooden to select a new coach for us and pursue that guy. Wooden was incredible at recognizing talent and making it better.

Dabo might possibly be headed that way, but that is a long way to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 7:14 AM

Did Wooden buy his players?

Nov 13, 2018, 8:40 AM

Maybe lunch ... but Wooden was a straight shooter .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 13, 2018, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: When Dabo says his vision is much bigger for our program ]

Did Wooden buy his players?

Call me crazy but I think part of Dabo’s Bigger vision

Nov 13, 2018, 9:26 AM

Is to indirectly or maybe even directly help the basketball team to become a perennial top 20 program. I think Dabo sees the big picture of the overall athletic program and the Basketball team is Prime to take the step to be there every year. It only helps the football team if the basketball is good and they have a good relationship with each other.

I also think his vision of somewhat enclosing the hill side of the stadium could come soon at some point.. I think what he is think will be much different than what people are thinking. I don’t think it has much to do with seating capacity but more asthics for recruiting with maybe luxury boxes? Maybe think of a glass floor where the big donors are watching the hill entrance from where they are standing lol. Maybe that’s nuts but I think whatever happens it will something no other stadium has.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic