Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What’s up with Shaq Smith?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

What’s up with Shaq Smith?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:24 AM

He’s 3rd on the depth chart and I don’t recall him making any notable plays all year. At this point, is he a bust? Tre Lamar came in the same year and is an all star now basically.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He made some plays against FSU Saturday.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:27 AM

But the point is taken. I think a lot of us thought he was going to be a bigtime LB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: What’s up with Shaq Smith?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:28 AM

He's been playing very well when he is in the game, and made a great read on NC States fake punt to help stuff it. He'll be a monster next season.

JD Davis is just better

Oct 30, 2018, 9:31 AM

Some guys just take longer to develop than others. That can be compounded by just have better players ahead of you on the depth chart. The Davis twins are playing at a very high level right now.

I wonder if People are still mad at Dabo for wasting

Oct 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

Scholarships on those two.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:40 AM

Sophomores who sit behind All Americans and redshirt seniors are not busts.

They are on really good teams that have the luxury of having the younger players as depth because the older players have developed really well.

Please tell me a time that he has been on the field this year and performed really poorly to make you assume that he isn't a good player.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:53 AM

Some people do not realize we are just like Alabama at this point. Studs sitting behind studs waiting for their time. Our second string and some of our third string would start at any other school in the ACC. Don't worry Shaq will be a player that we all expected him to be. He just needed more coaching.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:02 AM

There is a reason the coaches just up and decided to redshirt Skalski. We are loaded at LB this year and have the ability to randomly choose a junior with a minor injury to hold for a redshirt. Skalski is not some scrub. He was a big contributor last year and is a very good player.

Oct 30, 2018, 11:12 AM

As you look at our depth chart and see sr and 3 grads in front he is just preparing for a bigger role next year as a junior. He’ll be just fine.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:48 AM

He will start next year most likely and be one of the best LBs in the country.

Took him a while to get the mental part of the game

Oct 30, 2018, 9:56 AM

Which was causing him to play slower and negate his unreal athletic ability. By all accounts he’s been much better this year, but he’s still not going to get reps over Lamar or Joseph and we have a very underrated depth chart at LB.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic