Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whats the #1 key to win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Whats the #1 key to win?

Jan 7, 2019, 9:07 AM

If you had to say one person or just one element.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whats the #1 key to win?

Jan 7, 2019, 9:10 AM

The #1 key to winning is always to score the most points. ?? But I would say we have to win the turnover margin and a close second is winning the field position battle. We can't give them a short field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ran the simulations... math checks out.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:21 AM

Clemson just needs to score more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 7, 2019, 9:11 AM

Get defensive stops

Ran the simulator.. clemson wins in a no defense.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:24 AM

1200 yard game if they score 1more point than alabama

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Don't give up big plays or big chunks of yardage

Jan 7, 2019, 9:11 AM

on defense, get some 3 and outs. Missed tackles, blown coverages and such will kill us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 7, 2019, 9:12 AM

TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!

Bama can't beat us if they don't get any turnovers.

As plainly as possible..

Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 AM

Getting after Tua..

If he has a comfortable pocket all night, that's very bad news. I think our secondary is going to play their best game, but even so, Tua's accuracy + those burner receivers are recipe for disaster if he has too much time.

However, if we are in the backfield all night and he has to make forced throws like he did against Georgia, the dynamic of the game changes entirely.

Re: As plainly as possible..

Jan 7, 2019, 9:17 AM

Agree 100%!

Me too.***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:44 AM

Jan 7, 2019, 9:16 AM

I agree with all of these, especially scoring more points lol! I say we have to put pressure on Tua. We cant let him sit back and take his time or we will get picked apart. Go Tigers baby!

Jan 7, 2019, 9:19 AM

Blocking for Trevor especially the backs. Gallam did that so well and gets missed as one of the reasons we won the game in 2016.

Double team OJ Howard

Jan 7, 2019, 9:17 AM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to forget those memories...

Right?***

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all seriousness, the key to me is if we can effectively

Jan 7, 2019, 9:26 AM

run the ball. I do worry about the matchup between their TE and our safeties. But I think if Etienne has a big game, we win this one.

I'M. SO. NERVOUS.

UGH.

Clemson's secondary plays lights out***

Jan 7, 2019, 9:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think it’s time that TLaw will be tested. Can he take a hit (hopefully not to the head)

Jan 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

And get back up and play just as well if not better. After DW turned into a human helicopter blade, he looked shaken for a time. But then he came back and played better than he was before even. DW had that and I think TL does too. He’s a great qb and technician. He’s about to get his mettle and heart tested. Although as I’m typing this I’m thinking, I guarantee that nasty defensive line we have has hit him a time or two. I think the biggest difference between last year and this year is the kelly Bryant to trevor Lawrence swap. And not to start that again but TL has more of the skill needed to beat Bama.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Re: I think it’s time that TLaw will be tested. Can he take a hit (hopefully not to the head)

Jan 7, 2019, 9:58 AM

suggest re-watching the cheap shot the ND player put on him in the semi-final.an argument could have been made for targeting,not just roughing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

watched that one again yesterday.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

Pi$$es me off every time I see it. Bama will try to get their licks on him as well. Especially if he runs the ball.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

Weather the storm take their best shot and give them one back better.
Every time they hit , hit back.
Bama is use to putting games away early , I believe they get frustrated when we don’t go away.
We have to stay calm don’t let them bait us into stupid 15 yd penalties. Even if they score first just play one play at a time. This game is going to be won in the 4th quarter.

Jan 7, 2019, 9:24 AM

Pressure Tua....!!!! One of talking heads made a good point, when he gets pressure, he becomes pedestrian.

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Jan 7, 2019, 9:30 AM

score more than they do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 9:31 AM

To win, our guys have to "weather the storm." Alabama's MO is to spend the first 3 or 4 series doing everything they can (within the rules or not) to intimidate their opponent. So how we respond to that "storm" will determine the outcome. If, like Georgia did in the SEC Championship game, we can give as good as we get, our Clemson Tigers will win their 3rd National Championship in football. If, like Oklahoma did, we get overwhelmed early and the storm produces 2 or 3 unanswered scores, we will be in serious trouble. I believe our defensive line is going to come out guns ablaze and prove they are an equally intimdating force and we'll win the game 31-28. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 9:33 AM

Just my take but I think a big part of it is in the hands of the Officiating Crew. This game has to be called fairly. Both sides have their strengths and weakness but if it comes down to an officiating call, You got to favor Bama.
Still, with a Pac -10 Officiating crew I like our chances,31-28.

Score more points than pachyderms!***

Jan 7, 2019, 9:39 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

High score wins***

Jan 7, 2019, 9:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Collective TigerNet playcalling***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more points!***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:21 AM

Slow down their passing game.***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:29 AM

Re: Slow down their passing game.***

Jan 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

The play of the Clemson safties!

touchdowns....not fg's

Jan 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

Special teams

Jan 7, 2019, 11:42 AM

Special teams will have to perform well in an even matchup like this. We’re gonna have to get some good punts and make the field goals when we need to. It hasn’t really hurt us in past games because we were blowing everyone out so bad

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Score the most points.***

Jan 7, 2019, 11:44 AM

pressure Tua and beat him like he's Major Harris***

Jan 7, 2019, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the comparison here!***

Jan 7, 2019, 12:34 PM

Jan 7, 2019, 11:49 AM

It's tough, but I will have to give 2 keys and they are equal.

2 keys.

Protection for TL giving hi time.
Pressure on Tua

This is easy!!

Jan 7, 2019, 11:54 AM

The offensive line...no question if they play well then we WIN.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:57 AM

The big ten refs need to call Pass interference on the cbs covering Ross and Higgins. They would be unstoppable if defence cant cheat.

Jan 7, 2019, 11:59 AM

Notre Lame got away with a bunch of bull

Jan 7, 2019, 12:00 PM

Shut down Jeudy.

Jan 7, 2019, 12:39 PM

#3 needs to pressure and hit Tua repeatedly.... if he does that we win. I see Xavier having his biggest coming out party off the edge of all season. I don’t think Bama will be quick enough to stop him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic