Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is this “problem” people keep referring to?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What is this “problem” people keep referring to?

Sep 16, 2018, 11:36 AM

We’ve been to the CFP the last 3 years, won a National Championship, and are now 3-0 and ranked 2nd in the country.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

turnovers,failing to get 1 yd. to score with 1st string

Sep 16, 2018, 11:57 AM

missing 2 field goals to a team we should distroy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Written by one if not the only perfect person alive. Get

Sep 16, 2018, 12:42 PM

up and go to bed, maybe help unscramble your head!!!

Well, we racked up 595 yards of offense against Ga. Southern

Sep 16, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to turnovers,failing to get 1 yd. to score with 1st string ]

who was previously undefeated. Ga. Southern had 130 total yards of offense against Clemson.

By comparison, UGa played a 1-1 Middle Tennessee team. UGa had 488 yards of total offense yesterday, and gave up 288 yards of total offense to Middle Tennessee.

So, which of the two teams were more dominant to you? No one is accusing UGa of having not playing well.

Re: Well, we racked up 595 yards of offense against Ga. Southern

Sep 17, 2018, 9:13 PM

I don't really have a problem with our game against GSU for the record. However, your post is one that shows how stats can mislead. We were tied 0-0 with GSU at the end of the 1st. Georgia was up 14-0 at the end of the 1st. We were up 21-0 at the half, and Georgia was up 42-7 at the half. We were up 24-0 entering the 4th, and the game became 24-7 at one point during the 4th. Georgia was up 49-7 at the end of the 3rd, and won the game by that same score. Are you seriously going to argue that our performance was a more dominant one?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, we racked up 595 yards of offense against Ga. Southern

Sep 17, 2018, 11:25 PM

Yes , statistically it was a more dominant performance . Now , did we do everything that the book says we should have done in winning a game against a vastly overmatched opponent ? No , we imploded on a few drives ... particularly in that 1st quarter .
But GSU was averaging 300+ yda a game rushing , and got 80 vs us . 50 yds passing .
We did dominate , and we didn't even play a great game by Clemson standards .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ga. Southern is considerably better than MTSU

Sep 18, 2018, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, we racked up 595 yards of offense against Ga. Southern ]

I’m pretty sure that had something to do with how things went for a Clemson and UGA ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn’t beat GSU 77-0.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:01 PM

And we’re not perfect.

But I don’t ever expect us to be.

Just beat GT and I’ll be happy as can be!

~JKB

Re: What is this “problem” people keep referring to?

Sep 16, 2018, 12:08 PM

Main problems

1) fans who think they are experts and know more than the coaches

2) fans who bought into the hype thinking we would be better than the 1986 bears

3) fans inability to accept this team is not perfect and understand that championship teams get better throughout the season peaking at the end when it counts

4) spoiled fans who forgot hard it is to win a championship

Sep 17, 2018, 9:10 PM

1)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 12:10 PM

Row86 - the problem most of the TNET fans have is. A. listening to ESPN analyst too much. B. scoreboard watching and seeing other teams like Bama, UGA and OSU put big # of points up on so called inferior opponents and we aren't!

Different philosophies! And, a lack of knowledge of who we have played. Apparently people don't know in the last few years Georgia Southern has beaten SEC and ACC schools in their place! And they act like Jimbo Fisher was A & M coach last year; he wasn't. Furman went to the 2nd round of the FCS playoffs and are expected to make a run this year! Bama beat Ole Miss who came into the game giving up 34.3 point per game... i.e. no defense. And Louisville a team that had to rally to beat Western Kentucky. Who has Georgia beaten? Ohio State it doesn't even matter they do that every year in September only to fizzle out in late October and November! People need to stop it.

I'm with you. . . the selection committee hasn't even started meeting yet. Right now, just remain unbeaten and keep improving and we will be fine. I don't get it either outside of hitting the panic button a bit too much!

***if you come back with Bama having won 5 of the last 9 then that just makes us another team they have beaten. But, oh wait, we did beat them also!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 12:30 PM

There have been two "problems" that I see discussed often. Those are: bubble screens on 1st down way too often and play calling getting conservative with the lead against quality teams. Yesterday's game it was not us playing our 3rd/4th string that kept the game closer than it should have been. The mistakes in our first 3 possessions was on the coaching staff/seniors. Yes, Ross will be more physical in the future but that was play calling/ball placement before it was Ross' fault.

Listen to Dabo's press conference after the game

Sep 16, 2018, 12:32 PM

he seems to think that we have a lot to work on. He sees the same things everyone else does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every team has things to work on! What else is new?***

Sep 16, 2018, 12:45 PM

Sep 16, 2018, 12:34 PM

Row86® said:

We’ve been to the CFP the last 3 years, won a National Championship, and are now 3-0 and ranked 2nd in the country.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Clemson will not have the chance to truly prove themselves until you play a ranked team ... in the playoffs.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:43 PM

You do realize that the supreme conference talk is just pimp spit, right?

Signed, 85 scholarship restrictions

No way in heck one section of the country truly dominates the rest of the entire country like so. Look at all the Power 5s having issues with these smaller schools, then look at the Power 5s struggle with each other. Sure a few teams have it like Bama and now Clemson, with preferred walk-ons and such but not many and not a whole conference.

At Least A Portion Of The Fan Base Are Correctly

Sep 16, 2018, 1:22 PM

judging our performance against the expected CFP opponents. Some of us are not satisfied with college football playoff participation trophies, we'd prefer to win the National Championship.

Re: At Least A Portion Of The Fan Base Are Correctly

Sep 16, 2018, 1:45 PM

judging our performance against the expected CFP opponents. Some of us are not satisfied with college football playoff participation trophies, we'd prefer to win the National Championship.

The problem is said fans don’t understand that September is a time of preparation means working of problem areas and playing a ton of players. This will lead to peaking late when it counts.

so.... in theory we need to be undefeated or 1 loss to get

Sep 17, 2018, 10:41 PM [ in reply to At Least A Portion Of The Fan Base Are Correctly ]

There, right?

And as of now, we are undefeated.

Seems like everything is going according to plan so far.

Play 3 games, win 3 games. Style points are BS. Just win.

Sep 16, 2018, 1:29 PM

This problem is that bandwagon fans are prone to never be happy.

Dood, you'll understand when your daughters get to their...

Sep 16, 2018, 1:33 PM

teen years and begin to deal with becoming a woman. Just as those little girls struggle toward womanhood Clemson fans struggle to understand what is happening to our football team. They are growing toward understanding the maturation process of taking a collection of boys and nurturing them to becoming a national championship team.

There's nothing wrong with the growing pangs which our fans suffer. It's good for them. Eventually our bandwagon fans will grow into productive and faithful contributors to our cause. As for the old guys who are complaining, their lives are on the line every Saturday and they fear death because of their cowardice and chickenchitness. Is that a new word, 'chickenchitness?' It fits.

I'm an old guy but I fear nothing, I have the heart and patents of a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From training bra to flack jacket.***

Sep 17, 2018, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSA...

Sep 17, 2018, 10:47 PM

You can't train moobs, I've tried. Even the bro didn't help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 9:16 PM

Our lulling offenses when our starter is in the game

Vegas had us as 32.5 favorite and we won by 31

Sep 17, 2018, 10:36 PM

The writing is on the wall.

I wish we ran the football better

Sep 17, 2018, 11:01 PM

But we are 3-0 so I got no problem. 12 more wins to go. Go Tigers

Replies: 25