Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the best Clemson sports radio to listen to?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What is the best Clemson sports radio to listen to?

Jan 31, 2019, 6:53 AM

Or are there any? I see people complain about WCCP and I'm thinking if that is no good then what is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only "Clemson" radio station is WCCP

Jan 31, 2019, 7:00 AM

No other station is the Flagship station and no other station devotes as many minutes discussing Clemson. That does not even count game day football coverage, etc....which is the most hours on game day football dedicated to Clemson anywhere. And, having travelled the nation followiong Clemson, there is no other station that I have ever found (including Bama) that devotes 12+ hours per game day broadcasting exclusive team content.

Like most stations, some people are going to like some hosts and not like other hosts. That's human nature and there is no way for a station to provide programming that fits everyone's tastes. Heck, I feel the same way listening to ESPN (like some and hate others). Same for Local or National TV Stations...you are going to like some hosts and not others.

Podcasting is becoming a big thing so there may be Clemson devoted podcasts.

But, if you are searching for another Clemson station besides WCCP, you attempts are futile. WCCP is the only one.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only "Clemson" radio station is WCCP

Jan 31, 2019, 7:16 AM

None in the lowcountry. 98.5 does Clemson sports that's about it. I like Bobby Hartin for a coot, he covers us pretty well but has some idiot callers.

Jan 31, 2019, 7:46 AM

Yep I live in Charleston. Bobby is fair with our coverage. He devotes half to Clemson and half to U of Scar. BUT the guys that come on before him is a different story,

10am - noon Not sure his name but he seems to have an agenda. He went on an on yesterday about how we appear to be hiding drug test results. He went on and on.

noon - 3pm some guy name JB is the host. He has a good radio voice but all he talks about is scar. He did go to school there too. He claims he covers both schools equally but that is not the case. All he talks about recently is how great their mens basketball team is in spite of TWO 22 point losses in the last 2 weeks.

Jan 31, 2019, 9:34 AM

Morrow morning show or something. Can't listen to him much. I heard that yesterday and had to turn the channel.

Jan 31, 2019, 7:35 PM

Yep. That is what prompted me to post this question.

Jan 31, 2019, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The only "Clemson" radio station is WCCP ]

I’ve been listening to Hartin for 2 or 3 years. He seems fair for what he is. I know Tigers folk that have listed to him from years past and refuse to listen to him now. At least they say so.

Feb 1, 2019, 1:04 AM

Hartin is fair, he's just TERRIBLE. Regardless of what he's talking about or which team he's referencing...he just stumbles over himself constantly and is far out of touch with just about anything happening outside of this state.

most days I enjoy it. I have gotten to where Qualk & Kelly

Jan 31, 2019, 9:35 AM

And Walt are my favorite shows now.

Mickey is pretty good but I find myself in the car a lot during those 2 shows and Walt has actually grown on me. Hard to believe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the best Clemson sports radio to listen to?

Jan 31, 2019, 6:57 PM

from 4 to 6pm Monday thru Friday 1400 am station. Find it on the web. Columbia, SC . Clemson sports talk.Yes it's Swanny.

Re: What is the best Clemson sports radio to listen to?

Jan 31, 2019, 7:05 PM

https://clemsonsportstalk.com/s/58/live-fox-sports-radio-1400

Clemson Sports Talk with Lawton Swann

Jan 31, 2019, 9:05 PM

El Swann®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Clemson Sports Talk with Lawton Swann

Jan 31, 2019, 9:12 PM

If Walt knew half as much as he thinks he knows, he'd be on ESPN.
When he gets something wrong, as he often does, there's always an excuse.
Says "honestly" or "fundamentally" in almost every paragraph.
And nobody repeats himself more. Nobody repeats himself more.
Nobody repeats himself more.

Walt by far, then Kelly from the show with the other dude, then Mickey if you feel rather frisky

Jan 31, 2019, 9:30 PM

He's always speaking to me telepathically, Mickey is. I saw him in a dream last morning, where he appeared has a tornado that turned into a wolf and then a helicopter. Where he then flew away. And everyone just watched him go.

I pay for SirXM and listen to channel 84, College Sports

Feb 1, 2019, 1:09 AM

Mark Packer in the afternoons is the best. Clemson is national for years now.. They can't talk about college football without mentioning us amd Bama. Even the recruiting show weekly is good. Worth the money..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic