Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What can we learn from OU??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

What can we learn from OU??

Dec 30, 2018, 7:09 PM

On offense:
Personally I learned that the tigers need to REALLY utilize the deep ball- use speed and height to move the ball down the field. Down the middle, sidelines, wherever they can get it. It worked really well for the sooners last night once they decided to show up.

We can’t abandon the run altogether, of course. But we know that they can stop the run just as well as we can. No matter what, the O Line will have to show up much better than last year for us to even have a chance.

Defense:
Bring the same energy and power as last night! Incredible play from the guys on all levels. They are going to try and pick apart any weakness we have. Saban is a film freak, you know he’s going to be studying his butt off this entire week to figure out how to break us. They will do the only thing that’s worked so far- throwing deep throwing through the middle. I think the secondary will come ready. We’ve been VERY lucky with injuries and I think they are ready.

Special teams:
Pray spiers can kick further than 38 yards from our own territory.

Thoughts? Go tigers! Very proud and thankful for these players, coaches, and their families.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What can we learn from OU??

Dec 30, 2018, 7:13 PM

some ready to play. Ok buried themselves with a slow start

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play defense.***

Dec 30, 2018, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree that we will need some big chunk plays against Bama.

Dec 30, 2018, 7:21 PM

Doubt we can consistantly push the ball down the field with short passes and runs. None the less, the running game will still be very important to us.

Dec 30, 2018, 7:28 PM

Come out swinging and even if you get behind don’t give up.
While it will be hard to run on them we need to do it and not be so predictable - I bet we run on 1st down 80% of the time.

Don’t dig ourselves a huge hole in the first quarter ...***

Dec 30, 2018, 7:45 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t dig ourselves a huge hole in the first quarter ...***

Dec 30, 2018, 8:10 PM

1. Look at the Citadel blocking schemes to see where they had success and use what we can in the running game. A few chop blocks will get their D Lines attention. No I'm not saying to run the option, but there has to be something that threw Bama off.
2. Pick on DB #2. I know we recruited him and he is a freshman that was the Bama weak link against OU.
3. Get in the Refs heads before the game to stop cheap shots early and often. Saban will blow a gasket and break a few headsets if they are not allowed to cheap shot anyone. If I could, I would send the refs a video of every questionable hit Bama had last night with a comment.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do not allow Tua to establish the quick slant***

Dec 30, 2018, 8:13 PM

If we win the coin toss, don’t defer*****

Dec 30, 2018, 9:24 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:34 PM

OU out scored Bama during the final 42 minutes of the game...wait for it...34 to 17. Yes, OU scored twice as much as Bama after spotting them 28. CLEMSON should not spot Bama 28 points if CLEMSON wants to win. The Bama/OU score was 28-0 at the 12:00 minute mark in the 2nd quarter.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic