Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Loyalty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

What Loyalty

Sep 27, 2018, 10:49 AM

have we shown Kelly Bryant? He waited his turn behing DW4 and now we shun him bc of some recruiting promises? Now our fanbase is eating one of its own, that lead us to the CFB playoffs last year. If you think we would have played in the CFB playoffs without him, you are wrong. When is the last time a reigning Conference MVP got benched.....for a freshman nonetheless??

This should have been handled before week 1 and not some fake trial period. Yes, FAKE. FACT: We've played 1 team a pulse and TL would have lost that game had KB not been here.

This may all work out this year, but this will always be a talking point in recruiting circles. You can say Dabo did right by him by doing it before game 5, but Saban handled it better by doing it game 1. In an undefeated season, we are getting shredded on National TV and all over the internet over something that was unnecessary. Why reward TL now? Recruiting promises. I think thats what KB is referring too. He was on a leash the day TL made it to campus. When Saban made the switch in game, Bama was losing? Were we ever losing vs GT, A&M, Furman, or Georgia Southern?

Dabo stresses "FAMILY and ALL In", but also can't ever rule out taking the Bama job if offered? And our powder puff media never call his bluff on this double standard. He also makes around 8 mill but doesnt want players paid. His perceptions are weird to say the least. My head hurts wondering why we brought this on ourselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...bless your heart !!!!***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dumb Post. TL earned the job on the field, not through

Sep 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

recruiting promises.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey coot...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:53 AM

Lamar Jackson was last years ACC mvp...

Move along....

Why reward TL now?

Sep 27, 2018, 10:55 AM

Because he’s been the better player.

Re: Why reward TL now?

Sep 27, 2018, 10:57 AM

When did TL become the better player? during Game 4?

KB won the ACC Conference Championship Game MVP.

Call me all the names you want. I expect it. Why was this move necessary? Wny now?

Sep 27, 2018, 11:05 AM

Did you say this when Watson won out over Stoudt? Your Momma has your pancakes ready...don't keep her waiting.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

Maybe because we knew GA Tech was not going to score on our defense and we don't know the same of Syracuse.

We couldn't continue to give away two drives to start every game and not expect it to put our team in a bad situation heading into the second quarter of a game.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

When did TL become the better player? during Game 4?

KB won the ACC Conference Championship Game MVP.

Call me all the names you want. I expect it. Why was this move necessary? Wny now?

Trevor's stats through four games are better. Trevor also embarrassed KB during the Spring Game. If KB wanted to be the starter then he should have showed up and commanded the position with his performance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 27, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

through all 4 games:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-trevor-lawrence-is-the-right-guy-for-clemson

The stats show it and you can't deny it...get over it already.

Dabo has said all along that it was a week to week

Sep 27, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

game to game competition and that the grade of film would determine who went out first and that is ALL that happened this week - KB was not benched - the order was changed and that is all - now what he took that as, the new rule is the only reason this became the big deal it has - who's to say if he stays and KB plays better this week that he becomes the starter next week?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Dear God man...do you actually watch the games ?!?!?!?!***

Sep 27, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

Trevor probably became the better player sometime during his sophomore or junior year of high school. He’s been a better player than KB since the day he stepped on campus.

KB also threw 13 TDs to 9 picks last year. He doesn’t stretch the defense at all. He has limitations that actively hurt the team. One game where he didn’t really do anything individually impressive doesn’t change that.

Why was this move necessary? Because we can’t beat Bama with KB at QB. We cannot do it. We saw what that looks like last year when they were only using Hurts. We lose by 28+ if they’re playing Tua. We need Lawrence’s ability to threaten their secondary to beat Bama. It’s not about just getting there anymore. It’s about winning the whole thing and that does not happen with Kelly Bryant playing QB.

Why do it now? Because getting Lawrence as much run as possible is critical. The more snaps he gets, the more he adjusts to the college game and the more comfortable he is running the offense.

Sep 27, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

Could I get a copy of your playbook. You obviously know which QB did the better job of execution so you must know what each player was supposed to do on each play. Please share

Sep 27, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Why reward TL now? ]

Boulware coot thinks no one knows he is a coot here to stir the pot. Don't you wish your team had multiple QB's ? Dabo made no promises but you can bet Muschamp did with the Bentley's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:02 AM

not familiar with their team, but dont think Bentley had or has much competition.

Im just upset with the UNNECESSARY timing and drama all this brought. This did not have to take place at all.

You guys can lynch mob me to death for my opinion. But dont be naive enough to think that the seniors on our team dont feel "Loyalty" to a guy that did everything right and battled through adversity with them for 4 years.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:14 AM

Don’t be so naive to think that the players don’t recognize who the better player is. Loyalty is giving him the chance all through fall camp and the first four games. Everyone saw the writing on the wall in the spring and during the spring game.

You talk about him doing everything right, what does that have to do with being the starter. Staying out of trouble and doing what the team expects is what you’re supposed to do in the first place.

Bottom line is Lawrence gives Clemson the best chance to win against teams like Bama and Georgia. Go back and watch the film so far this year, you will see Bryant being apprehensive once again because even he doesn’t trust his arm. His first instinct is to run the ball because he’s an athlete. Bryant was given the start the past four games and couldn’t do anything with SCRIPTED plays during those drives.

And finally to address the “timing”. Lawrence was named the starter for this game not the season. If he wanted the job back, man up and get the job back.

KB left the team on his own. He didn’t show them any loyalty.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Why reward TL now? ]

All Dabo did is tell him he would be 2nd to play based on last week. He wasn’t kicked off the team.

You coots are a trip.

Re: What Loyalty

Sep 27, 2018, 10:55 AM

That you Ramon?

Entitled much? Sorry bud, this is way off point.***

Sep 27, 2018, 11:03 AM

This is weak attempt

Sep 27, 2018, 11:03 AM

Dabo addressed the "recruiting promises" idea in an interview yesterday when saying that there were no such promises made.

Where is any proof that we would have lost to A&M without Bryant. If the decision was made before game 1 like you said that Lawrence would have been getting all of the first team reps and would have been further along by that point. You can't argue both sides and say Lawrence should have started sooner and that Lawrence isn't good enough to beat A&M.

Also for your questioning of Dabo's double standard. Have a clue...

Sep 27, 2018, 11:04 AM

You need to focus on beating KY rather than writing fiction stories.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:12 AM

My apologies to Tnet!!!

To prove what a Big Clemson Fan I am, I will now get on all social media sites and bash KB for being a quitter not being "All-In". I think that should prove my loyalties.

And I will proudly believe/profess that Texas A&M had more 5 star and 4 star players than us.

Am I missing anything else?

YES

Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

You are missing the mashed potatoes and coleslaw that usually come with you on the side. Head on back to FGF and tell them we will be waiting in November with a high FIVE.

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

Sep 27, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: What Loyalty ]

I just think Kelly could have handled it better. Dabo said from day 1 that it wasn't a season long contract and you earn it each and every week. Tony Elliot and Dabo came out and said that this is because he earned it in the game against Ga Tech. I think Kelly and all the people that are taking "his side" on this know that the rep counts were going to continue to be the same the only difference was Trevor earned the right to go out there first.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: What Loyalty ]

Ben, I hope you wouldn’t do that, and I know you won’t. Ben, you of all people should understand competition. Do you not think this is like other positions? Do you really feel Dabo is unfair? I mean Kelly did say he was thinking about quitting after the spring game... I hate it, I hate Kelly chose this path because he could have been the starter next week unless you know something different.

How can any coach recruit and tell a kid they got just as good a chance as anyone vs saying hey kid, you can come here but you got x many people in front that have to play first. Would you pick a school that told you that? Do you for one minute believe Dabo promises playing time without earning it?

Nah, imo I think kb had thought about this for awhile. I feel both parties had. What say you since you have the inside track? Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh,

Sep 27, 2018, 11:37 AM

You know that isn't really our Ben Boulware, right?

Re: Uh,

Sep 27, 2018, 1:51 PM

But his profile does say his first name is Ben. Now that could be a lie, but that is what it says

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

People like you

Sep 27, 2018, 11:04 AM

Keep my thumbs down ratio higher than I would like. Go Away!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't know why any1 needs to flame

Sep 27, 2018, 11:12 AM

either party.

Watson decided to leAve his teammates and pursue his NFL dreams. Most, there were exceptions, were ok with it.

Clemson had at least 8 kids transfer over the last year when they learned their playing time would be diminished.

these young men and women are pursuing their dreams. they dont owe you or i anything. if they seak their dreams at clemson, great. if it is elsewhere , well ...that's ok too.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 27, 2018, 11:17 AM

Looks like you have been reading twitter and just compiled all of the criticism. Smh as Dabo said this isn’t middle school it is performance based. TL is the better qb regardless of how Kelly behaved or anything else

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

You are a pitiful little troll!! Not good at trolling at all!

Sep 27, 2018, 11:28 AM

Tiger Pulse 34% --- Coot Pulse 1000%

Sep 27, 2018, 11:31 AM

That's as far as I got.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get over it and just realize........

Sep 27, 2018, 11:33 AM

-KB couldn't stretch the field
-KB's passing limitations allowed defenses to stack the box rendering his running along with our RBs
-yes KB was the QB on a team that made the playoffs last year and considering our offensive talent the offense wasn't near what it should've been.
-last year KB carried the ball almost double of our top RBs and averaged only 3.5 yards per carry............and RUNNING is his strength.

Based on your pulse, you may be gone before KB?

Sep 27, 2018, 12:25 PM

Life just ain't fair sometimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Sep 27, 2018, 1:03 PM

^^^the only time I agree with clemson80tiger^^^***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:12 PM

Why do coots have to prove to us how stupid they are?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

Do they think it’s in doubt?

Sep 27, 2018, 2:45 PM

You are proof of a higher power because nobody this stupid could still be walking the face of the planet wihtout divine intervention.Left to your own devices life should have made you a Darwin Award winner. That and the fact you own 2 living brain cells and 1 is scuffed.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

Methinks you are the wrong shade of orange.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 4:39 PM

Your head hurts because you are thinking. After reading the thoughts you are thinking, maybe you shouldn’t think.

You have to work really hard to get so much wrong in

Sep 27, 2018, 4:43 PM

one post. Someone was paying attention in troll class.

Quit reading after first sentence.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic