Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well this is an interesting stat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,024

Well this is an interesting stat

Mar 26, 2018, 10:59 AM

We are dead last in batting average in the ACC and by a good bit, as a team we’re battling .242 while the leader (NCSU) is hitting a whopping .323. I knew we were cold but didn’t realize our hitting was this bad, I guess it’s pretty impressive to be top 15 nationally and be last in hitting in your conference. Lord please help us get the bats going soon!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well this is an interesting stat

Mar 26, 2018, 11:01 AM

If we could get those bats working better, this team could be very special, indeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 11:06 AM

Imagine what we'll be able to do once our bats do come around - and we all know they will at some point. Most likely when the weather gets warmer. Monte has to get that darn looking at strike 3 under control. way too many strikeouts and not enough going with the pitch, or waiting on the pitch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 11:11 AM

Scoring runs is what really counts. Especially if your pitching staff has a high era. I’ve always been a proponent of manufacturing runs and this is something that Clemson doesn’t do. Perhaps we lack the speed to do that. As I watch this team I see a lot of batters trying to pull the pitches and hit the long ball. Exciting if you have theyeam to do that. Clemson doesn’t!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 11:27 AM

What's the team OBP? That matters.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

obp

Mar 26, 2018, 11:30 AM

Is very important but if you can’t advance the runners and score ... it is meaningless. The team scoring the most runs wins every game. LOB is another important stat too!

Mar 26, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Well this is an interesting stat ]

I totally agree with you Foresttiger - I like manufactured runs too. Said a couple weeks ago that I can see the trend that Monte is trying to recruit athletes that can play baseball. He's trying to get our speed up but it will take time to transition. Definitely like the direction the program is moving.

More Stats - per our rank with other teams (not just acc):

BA - 229
Runs - 131
Hits - 178
OBP - 131 (shocking, thought would have been better)
Scoring per game - 5.6 which is 131 rank

Stolen bases per game - 246 (attempted 22 - 14 steals and 8 thrown out)

What's really good is our fielding percentage - 36
Also our team ERA - 36

Sorry guys, didn't compile RISP or LOB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 11:50 AM

From Day One, hitting has been the problem I have noticed about this team. I see some fundamental issues that I will not comment on again. Part of the problem now is that it is a mental issue which most of us have experienced and can understand. I fully expect that one day the slump will suddenly end and we will see the team we thought would represent us in Omaha.

What is surprising is our win/loss record in spite of our team batting average. I suppose we need to give some credit to our pitching staff and our fielding, particularly in critical situations.

The Gamecock baseball coach was reported to be complaining about their losing games by one run. Apparently, their problem has been solved, they are now losing by multiple runs.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe21, you hit the nail on the head

Mar 26, 2018, 12:01 PM

Also, thanks for reminding us that all coots know Coot Logic 100:

"You get what you ask for...."

It is somewhat miraculous to have the record we do with our

Mar 26, 2018, 1:10 PM

batting average. I'm not sure what has happened but, wow, we can't hit the ball where they aren't and have a ton of strikeouts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, as I said a couple of weeks ago, we've managed to win

Mar 26, 2018, 1:13 PM

with the long ball while many of our games had the opponents with better batting.

Won't be able to get to a super regional, or probably even a regional without hitting better.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic