Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, as a spoiled fan base, this is what we get...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Well, as a spoiled fan base, this is what we get...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:17 AM

on a monday after a 21 point win over our rivals, a 12-0 regular season, a #2 national ranking, and a trip to the acc championship and playoff looming.... we are here b!tching and moaning!

We ALL know that our defense had a bad night saturday night. But as we are on this ride, i cant stress enough how much we need to enjoy it.

Heck, i'm only 31 so i didnt go through as many of the lean times as some of you on this board, but i can remember growing up, getting excited for reading the message boards/newspaper on monday mornings looking to see if we MIGHT have cracked the top 25 or at least be mentioned on the 'others receiving votes' category.

Now, we gripe and complain when we dont win by as much as some of you people want. Why? because your afraid of what your co-workers may say? Who cares! it is a great sign at how far apart the fan bases of our tigers and the team from over in columbia are when we are mad at a 21 point win and they are excited about a moral victory where they managed to score 35.

Come on guys, enjoy this ride. one day it might be over!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, as a spoiled fan base, this is what we get...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:25 AM

Agreed, I am sure enjoying it so did all the fans that were leaving the stadium after the game. I saw a lot of happy faces and heard a lot joyous chatter. Only sad faces were those of the few gamecocks still there. Much rather be in our shoes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:30 AM

It would be interesting to know the ages of the people who are complaining the most - my guess is that it's not the older alumni. Speaking as one, I can tell you that I am delighted with the way our team has performed this season. Any glitches that show up will be addressed by our very talented coaching staff who certainly know the game, the team's potential, and the players better than anyone on this board. Let's refrain from complaining and from giving recruits and opposing teams material to use against us and just be grateful for the run we're having. Good grief - we're undefeated. At this point in the season, what more do we want?

Message was edited by: sregit98®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:35 AM

I've been wondering the same thing.

You realize you just did the same

Nov 26, 2018, 9:31 AM

B!tching and moaning you’re complaining about. “We ALL know that our defense had a bad night saturday night.”

It’s either ok to criticize or it’s not. The thin skinned expect nothing but recognition of our success.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:33 AM

I agree 100%

Not every game is going to be 100% perfect! I have no doubt that if we had to score 70 Saturday night to win we could have. We were subbing Offense early in 3rd. Each game is a life of it's own and all really matters is the score board.

Dabo managed the game with a lead against a rival and STILL played a lot of players!! That is the formula that sustains the program in the long run.

Saturday was nice and I did enjoy it!! Venables now has some more coaching to do for the exploiting of the safeties the gamecocks did...it will all be fine! In one way..this lackluster defensive performance probably helps the defense focus and not become over confident for the next three games!!

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic