Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, Ole Aero has ventured into new, inevitable territory.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Well, Ole Aero has ventured into new, inevitable territory.

Oct 24, 2018, 8:27 AM

My Aunt lost her battle with cancer last night. First of my parents' generation to go. I implore you all, if something like this is going on, be open about it so folks know how urgent a visit really is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Ole Aero has ventured into new, inevitable territory.

Oct 24, 2018, 8:30 AM

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I know that has to be rough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Really sorry to hear that.***

Oct 24, 2018, 8:30 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear

Oct 24, 2018, 8:56 AM

Ts and Ps for real

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Sorry man. T&P's.***

Oct 24, 2018, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sorry to hear man, cancer is terrible

Oct 24, 2018, 10:06 AM

It certainly puts life into perspective. You work your whole life, run the rat race with the idea that you'll have these golden years in the distant future to enjoy yourself and do the things you want to do. Problem is, it's not guaranteed. You might die in a car wreck on the way home, or have a decade battle with cancer than zaps all of your strength and desire to live.

I think the hardest is finding out that there's no longer anything that can be done. The best you can hope for at that point is that it ends quickly, I guess. Hope your aunt found peace, and it wasn't too drawn out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry buddy, lost my aunt to pancreatic a couple years ago.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:09 AM

It hits home when they're your parents' age and I get that.

T's and P's for you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to deal with dying people.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:22 AM

Not because of them but because of self. You don't know if you can cry in front of them. If you hold a straight face and try to have a light hearted conversations you might come off as crass or gauche'.

If you cry or express your sorrow you might depress them so you go in trying to gather clues as to what state of mind they are in. Sometimes you face a morbid depression. Sometimes you find a joker who is making light of death then you realize it's for you, they are making you the focus of the visit. That tears you up more than your own sorrow when you realize you're standing there laughing while they are dying because they love you as much or more than you love them.

Then you see one who is taken out of life by medications prescribed to keep them pain free and sane long enough to die. She smiled a bit and tried to keep up with our conversation as best she could. She talked about her older brother 'Widgdet,' who died on leave from the Navy back in the early 1950s before you were born.

It was then you realized that she was ready to go. You remember how mama answered when you ask her what she looked forward to back when you were just six. She asked what you mean and you told her you looked forward to ice cream, recess and Saturday morning cartoons and Superman show. She said "I look forward to meeting Jesus." You remember the confusion when she said someday she'd die, then she'd get to meet Him. You'd have to go. She'd fallen back to sleep and probably wouldn't wake up for hours.

On the way home you'd talked to your son who said he was glad to see, Meme. You let him know he'd see her for the last time, you just shared what she'd told you 50 years ago about what she'd looked forward to. He got silent and you let him think about the situation fearing to disrupt it all and just giving him time to reconcile life to death.

Now you recall and weep that you'd never wept with grief because you can once again remember the Word. "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Aero!

Oct 24, 2018, 10:27 AM

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear that. Prayers for you.***

Oct 24, 2018, 11:25 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear this

Oct 24, 2018, 3:14 PM

My dad went in for some cancer surgery this morning to remove some spots. He’ll find out next week how bad it is.

sorry to hear

Oct 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

really thought this was going to be an engagement announcement for sharkgirl and i went from

to this

sorry to hear

Oct 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

really thought this was going to be an engagement announcement for sharkgirl and i went from

to this

LOL, just LOL.***

Oct 24, 2018, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made you feel a bit better right? Even if just for a second***

Oct 24, 2018, 10:34 PM

Sorry to hear that.***

Oct 24, 2018, 4:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear, aero

Oct 24, 2018, 11:07 PM

Cancer sucksk

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry for your loss***

Oct 30, 2023, 9:48 PM