Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking

May 4, 2019, 6:18 PM

question. I understand the fact that he lives close to USux, and it appears his family leans towards them. But, if we get the commitment up anticipate tomorrow, followed up by Murphy in the future, I think he would be crazy not to come to us. However, let’s reverse the roles. What if USux had had the recent success we have had and the current commitments we presently have, but, you are Clemson fans and live in Seneca or Anderson. Where would you want your son to go? Personally I would have to do a lot of soul searching and do not have an answer. Loyality to your school, or the best decision for your son?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking

May 4, 2019, 6:25 PM

How did you arrive at the notion that his family leans toward U5Cjr? His family, his coach, nor Burch himself gives recruiting interviews about his recruitment, so anything you read on the internet about his recruitment is just conjecture and speculation.

May 4, 2019, 6:46 PM

It has been reported his parents are chicken fans

May 4, 2019, 7:07 PM

That’s just speculation by people who just assume.

May 4, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking ]

I like chicken . I'm weighted toward dark meat cuts ... but will do a breast in a pinch .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 4, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking ]

He lives in Cootlumbia. Not hard to make the connection there. Also, he skipped our spring game and went to USuC's. Obviously he's either a Coot fan or there is some personal push be it family or friends for him to go there. I can't imagine another reason why a recruit would pick them over us head to head.

May 4, 2019, 7:05 PM

He skipped our spring for a good reason he had a AAU basketball game in Columbia the same day.

The basketball game was cancelled

May 4, 2019, 7:20 PM

He still went to U5C spring game. Stop with the false narrative that ‘he had a game’.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking ]

I read quite a few posts stating the basketball game was a “celebrity” one put on by DJ Swearinger. I can’t find anything confirming or denying it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tourney was sponsored by another local AAU team

May 5, 2019, 1:01 AM

SC Kings were the sponsors. Tourney/games were cancelled.

May 4, 2019, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking ]

Have you seen their rare comic book collection ?
It's hype .

DB23

No brainer. Clemson for superior academics.***

May 4, 2019, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point***

May 4, 2019, 6:31 PM

Re: No brainer. Clemson for superior academics.***

May 4, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to No brainer. Clemson for superior academics.*** ]

What if you are a business major and cheating on online exams is not a problem for you?
What then??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 4, 2019, 6:32 PM

You can’t compare chicken poop to Clemson.
It’s impossible to have the roles reversed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 4, 2019, 6:45 PM

Recruits pick a school for a variety of reasons. Some we understand and some we don’t. Same for buying a car. Your choice would likely be different than mine as we value different things. Best advise is to relax and let it play out as all your hand wringing will have zero impact.

It will play out for the best either way

May 4, 2019, 7:02 PM

I hope I'm wrong but I think he will be the next Zach Bailey. Obeying the wishes of his family and friends rather than what he would like to do. Zach wasted 4 years of his college life for his girl friend and best friend. His best friend is now enjoying coot baseball failures like Zach did with football. Hope his girl friend and family are happy. Certainly hope Jordan doesn't make the same mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corvette or mini-cooper

May 4, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordon Burch. Here’s a good thought provoking ]

If you love thecocks you pick the mini cooper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From 2009 to 2011, it seemed like the chickens picked off

May 4, 2019, 7:06 PM

a minimum of 2-3 kids a year who grew up in Clemson families and had been lifelong Clemson fans. In all but the most loyal families, the perceived chance to win championships is usually going to win out.

Tommy Bowden had a reputation as a great recruiter but, in the case of a few Clemson legacies, arrogance and entitlement overcame him and we lost the kids.

Re: From 2009 to 2011, it seemed like the chickens picked off

May 4, 2019, 7:09 PM

I agree with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fans are never happy

May 4, 2019, 7:23 PM

How many legacy Clemson families has Dabo given scholarships much to the chagrin of fans? Just trust the coaches.

We actually lost a ton the year he got fired.***

May 4, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to From 2009 to 2011, it seemed like the chickens picked off ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I remember Holloman and Gilmore were committed

May 4, 2019, 7:51 PM

to us. There was also a kid from southeastern North Carolina (Can't remember his name) who committed to us then de-committed about three days later after taking a ride to Columbia with Brad Lawing and a local chicken booster. Seems like there were more almost ready to commit to us who flipped after Bowden left.

It was hard to blame them. All the recruits had to do was read Tigernet to know that Clemson was making the mistake of the century by taking the cheap route and hiring an unproven cheerleader to coach the team.

we dont have to worry about them having the level of....

May 4, 2019, 7:25 PM

success we are having.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a friend whose son goes to school with him

May 4, 2019, 8:06 PM

He seems to think that LSU is Burch’s second choice behind Clemson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 8:49 PM

IF it matters, do you want to go 0-3 in the rivalry, then to the NFL, or do you want to go 3-0, go to the playoffs each year, most likely win at least one NC, then to to the NFL and be a Tiger the remainder of your life and all that comes with that? The decision should really be that simple.

We tend to look at everything through Orange-tint

May 4, 2019, 9:09 PM

Yes Clemson is the superior option, athletically and academically, but there can be other considerations. Immediate playing time. Family convenience in attending games. Courses that Clemson may not offer. Nerves about traveling too far from home. Friends or girlfriend that he doesn't want to leave. Personally I couldn't wait to get out of Columbia, but not everyone is like that.

Re: We tend to look at everything through Orange-tint

May 5, 2019, 5:43 AM

Don't believe he is from cootlumbia originally.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic