Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,693

We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:00 PM

That is just a fact. I was there and Kelly’s experience took over the game and made it happen. I truly think TL is the better long term talent but we will play much better defenses than Georgia Tech. TL will look human and we will all wish Kelly was on the sidelines. I hope he stays and finishes his career as a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:03 PM

You can’t say either way wether or not TL would have won that game , they never let TL get in a rhythm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

It took experience to win in that environment and those conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant. ]

It’s a fact deal with it

Sep 26, 2018, 2:39 AM [ in reply to Re: We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant. ]

TL would’ve have one hundred percent lost us that game infact if we had played kelly that whole game we would have won by 20 watch the replay

Sep 26, 2018, 2:39 AM [ in reply to Re: We don’t win at A&M without Kelly Bryant. ]

TL would’ve have one hundred percent lost us that game infact if we had played kelly that whole game we would have won by 20 watch the replay

Sep 25, 2018, 10:03 PM

Be careful, they'll call you a coot.

You probably don’t mean it this way but this is a negative post

Sep 25, 2018, 10:06 PM

Why would we be without KB? Getting benched at times is a very well known part of competitive sports. KB is not leaving because of that. It’s not fair to assume he would leave us. Especially knowing he has a role and will play probably about the same amount he has been playing.

Re: You probably don’t mean it this way but this is a negative post

Sep 25, 2018, 10:09 PM

You don’t miss 2 practices at this level especially if you are a QB if there is not a big problem.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

Bingo

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: You probably don’t mean it this way but this is a negative post ]

Especially on Monday and Tuesday those are both full pads days, Wednesday’s are just shoulder pads

I agree but gonna give him benefit of the doubt

Sep 25, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: You probably don’t mean it this way but this is a negative post ]

All I’m saying is we don’t know what’s really going on yet. For now, I’ll assume Kelly will handle this with character. I’ve seen guys deal with this in various ways. I don’t see Kelly letting too much time pass without accepting the decisions of the staff, that has made many decisions in his favor, and doing what’s right for the team.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to You probably don’t mean it this way but this is a negative post ]

Coach Elliot said there wouldn’t be anymore guaranteed rotation at QB. He said TL was the starter and playing time would be determined by the coaches

Sep 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

That’s not a fact, that’s your opinion.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:05 PM

Informed opinion.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:12 PM

I hate this narrative so much. TL only played two drives in the second half and one was ruined by a bad snap. No one knows what would have happened if he played more. If Clemson lost that game it would have been the result of terrible interior offensive line play and refusing to hand the ball to etienne

Sep 25, 2018, 10:49 PM

There is a reason he only played 2 drives. Mainly inexperience in my opinion.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:14 PM

How about this view. A&M wouldn’t have even been in the game had the refs called the holding penalties. How many of those scoring drives would have been shut down.
Did KB come in and give us a spark? Yes, but saying that TL couldn’t have taken us to a victory is pure speculation.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

We lose by 5 without TL's td.....tigernet logic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 11:10 PM

That’s was Tee’s TD :)

Sep 25, 2018, 10:21 PM

If TL were playing, we could have thrown a quick out to pick up a first down at the end of the game. It would have iced it. Remember the Auburn game last year. That was Kelly’s best throw of the season.

Instead we called 3 weak QB runs against a stacked box. Since KB struggles with accuracy, the playbook is cut in half and the defense tends to jump his slow release. We beat A&M with TL. I have no doubt. KB had some nice runs but I’ll take my chances with TL any day. Apparently, Dabo agrees.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:12 PM

I do agree with you going forward TL is more talented for sure but if Dabo agrees, why didn’t he play him the whole game? Certainly could have.

Dabo is developing Trevor in game situations

Sep 26, 2018, 12:01 AM

A&M was game 2. Trevor just named starter at game 5. It’s a progression.

I can promise you there will be times throughout tge

Sep 25, 2018, 10:23 PM

Season when a freshman will look lost. But this game time experience will be very beneficial for TL for the future. And if they’re both good/somewhat equal I’d rather have the younger play. Same when DW4 came in.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:27 PM

And that could be true. But freshman make strides that jump exponentially. TL, a game later, is not the same player.

Guys that start at QB as freshmen QBs make some mistakes

Sep 25, 2018, 10:33 PM

But the good ones develop into something special over the course of the season.

Trevor Lawrence is as worthy a freshman starter as any I’ve seen.

It doesn't matter. If we played them again I'd prefer TL

Sep 26, 2018, 12:12 AM

And he would put up more points than we did without him. It's not where he was then ... it's where he will be when we really need him.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:04 AM

I respectfully disagree with you about TL not being able to win at TAMU. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the game would not even have been close had our coaches let TL finish the game, or play from the start for the entire game.

We will just have to disagree. Just glad you're not our coach.

TS=Blithering Idiot****

Sep 26, 2018, 5:19 AM

Sep 26, 2018, 6:05 AM

Well In that case we don’t beat GA Southern or GA Tech without TL

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic