Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terry Allen: One of the best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Terry Allen: One of the best

Apr 21, 2019, 2:53 AM

Whomever you put at the top of the list, Terry Allen holds a special place
for Clemson fans. I've heard many say that he was their favorite.
He was one of the best

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry Allen: One of the best

Apr 21, 2019, 6:48 AM

I agree - CJ7 !! Assume that was the 1989 FSU game ? Always wished he had returned for his senior year - think we would have won the 1990 game in the Valley.....,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

We didn't play FSU in '90***

Apr 21, 2019, 7:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn't play FSU in '90***

Apr 21, 2019, 7:53 AM

Perfectly blocked play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Puntrooskie was the year before

Apr 21, 2019, 8:06 AM [ in reply to We didn't play FSU in '90*** ]

'89 was Terry's payback!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn't play FSU in '90***

Apr 21, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to We didn't play FSU in '90*** ]

You are right kb ... my bad .... sorry. Thanks for clearing this up - I've been thinking this for many years for some reason ...!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

He's in the top 2. CJ Spiller and TA. Take your pick.

Apr 21, 2019, 9:10 AM

TA had a little more help around him. ETN might end up being the best, but he has a lot of help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's in the top 2. CJ Spiller and TA. Take your pick.

Apr 21, 2019, 12:04 PM

IMO James Davis needs to be included in there.

ETN is the closest thing we've had to a pure running back

Apr 21, 2019, 4:27 PM

Since Terry Allen. Watch that play and tell me that doesnt look JUST LIKE ETN getting to the edge. TA21 was a squirmy thing at times too. You had better had put more than one arm on him if you wanted to bring him down. If his knees would have held together his NFL career would have been spectacular.

Agree! I loved watching Terry run!

Apr 21, 2019, 6:09 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 21, 2019, 7:52 PM

Terry Allen was the best Clemson back of all time IMHO until CJ came along -- and CJ was a complete back. Danny Ford did not play RB's who could/would not block.

Without those two ACL surgeries (primitive by today's standards) who knows how many NFL yards Allen would have run for and his 8600 yds was nothing to sneeze at.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 11:44 PM

Many know this, but some may have forgotten. Allen gave back his knowledge of being a college and pro back to Gallman in 2015 when Allen returned to complete his degree at Clemson. It was then that Allen worked with Gallman, then Wayne Train went on to have that record setting season. Even in 2016, Gallman was a workhorse and instrumental in the National Championship. Gallman from then on was a different back after working with Terry.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic