Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson falls short in Heisman bid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Dec 12, 2015, 9:24 PM

Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Deshaun Watson fell just short of winning the 2015 Heisman Trophy Saturday, but can kick-start his 2016 campaign against Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl later this month. (Brad Penner / USATODAY) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Dec 12, 2015, 9:25 PM

HOW DID YOU TYPE THAT STORY SO QUICKLY!! WITCHCRAFT!!! WITCHCRAAAFFFFFTTTTTT!!!!!

Dec 12, 2015, 9:27 PM

Because they already had it done. They knew before it aired..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 PM

Really wish DW4 would have won but it's hard not to like Henry. Hard to believe he finished third though!

Dec 13, 2015, 1:03 AM

Henry was responsible for 23 TDs as a RB. DW4 as a QB was responsible for 11 TDs on the ground, and threw for 30 TDs in the air. How many TDs did Henry throw for. Who was it that Bama loss to. Who was it that Clemson loss to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope you at least had a pre-written win article, too

Dec 12, 2015, 9:26 PM

thatt was a little too quick for my liking

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They like Clemson, but like making money off Clemson more.

Dec 12, 2015, 9:34 PM

Breaking the story first ensures that. But I agree...got that out a little too quick. Kinda lacked emotion didn't it.

Re: hope you at least had a pre-written win article, too

Dec 12, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to hope you at least had a pre-written win article, too ]

If you look at the article, everything but the first 3 short paragraphs were background and were probably written as preparation.I don't think it takes too long to write the results and add to the article. These guys work really hard and to down them because they were ready to do their job is in poor taste. We all wanted to Deshaun to win, however the media campaign for Alabama is hard to overcome. At least we don't have to see Saban's sour puss on the screen for a little while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hope you at least had a pre-written win article, too

Dec 13, 2015, 1:11 AM

Not only that, the talk of who was winning what was already in the air bc those folk can't keep it a secret bc several wants to be the 1st one to let it be know b4 anyone else. It makes them feel very important to them selves. They can't help themselves, they would tell on their own mama!!!

Dec 12, 2015, 9:34 PM

Total bs that he didnt win even more bs he finished 3rd all the others lost games the real heisman is undefeated !!!!! Go Tigers

Dec 12, 2015, 9:52 PM

Wonder whatever happened to "the best player, on the best team who meant the most to his team? Really sad state of affairs. We have sunk so low as a nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 PM

Because he isn't playing in the SEC! BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP! He's by far the best candidate. But ESPN used their pull to give it to someone that is no more then durable. Just plain propaganda by ESPN and nothing more.!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Dec 12, 2015, 9:41 PM

> Because he isn't playing in the SEC! BIGGEST LOAD OF
> CRAP! He's by far the best candidate. But ESPN used
> their pull to give it to someone that is no more then
> durable. Just plain propaganda by ESPN and nothing
> more.!!
> GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a load of crap. While I do Think that DW4 was more deserving of it, in recent years, Alabama and the rest of the SEC has beaten the ACC in their matchups. I am excited that Clemson has the opportunity to be in the position to start turning that all around.

We're continuing to prove ourselves, and that's what's most exciting right now.

SEC has bested ACC?

Dec 12, 2015, 9:49 PM

What are talking about? The acc fsu Clem Louis and gatech has gone 7-1 against their rivals the last two years.

Re: SEC has bested ACC?

Dec 12, 2015, 9:56 PM

He has been reading, or maybe just listening to, too much of the spin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson falls short in Heisman bid

Dec 12, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson falls short in Heisman bid ]

Really?? The SEC is over rated hacks! The ACC won our match ups with the sec , the past two years . we lost 1 last year and 1 this year. We have three teams in the top 10 on championship weekend. Your least champion had just got beaten by 23 points at home by an ACC member not playing in our championship. So save your ignorance for ESPN sites. And get off ours!!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if?

Dec 12, 2015, 9:41 PM

Watson doesn't get pulled in early season games and he piled up another 1000 yards passing and 6 more touchdowns?

I know it's in our best interest to keep him healthy and get Bryant some playing time. But, I wonder if next year that thought is on Dabo's mind.

Disappointed for Watson but I wouldn't trade him for any other player in the country.

Re: what if?

Dec 12, 2015, 10:19 PM

Clemson is a much bigger brand than Dabo Swinney and Deshaun Watson. I hope he wins it - as he deserves it, but wins are bigger than a trophy with much ambiguity about the criteria for winning it in the first place.

Re: what if?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:41 PM [ in reply to what if? ]

lOVE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT... YOU WOULD NOT TRADE DESHAUN FOR ANY OTHER PLAYER...HE IS SPECIAL AND I'M GLAD HE PLAYS FOR CLEMSON. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 12, 2015, 9:42 PM

You could see this coming. If Deshaun plsyed for Alabama he would have been a shoo in. But when they picked Jamis Winston, a player with absolutely no character, they degraded the value of this recognition beyond repair. The heck with the. BTW, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady didn't win it either.

DW4 is the best...

Dec 12, 2015, 10:10 PM

I would bet the team is po'd and I hope they come out to prove that he is the best. Put the smack down on the Sooners. Watson will prove that they are wrong!

Go Tigers! Beat the Sooners!

I hope & pray that

Dec 12, 2015, 10:18 PM

we get to face off with bama in the NC!!!! We can show the world why DW4 is the Heisman & our D can stick it hard to Henry and the bama O...this should be tremendous motivation to kick some serious bama ###! Everything in our power to make them pay!!!

"Make them pay"?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:15 PM

As an Alabama fan and Clemson respecter (I read CU articles here nearly every week, but this is my first post), I'm confused about what sin Alabama is supposed to be paying for? Derrick Henry's trophy? Our team making it to the playoff? Being Dabo's alma mater?
Football is about rings, not trophies, and both our teams understand that. The tigers and tide MAY meet, IF we get past a very good MSU team and IF you beat very tough OU squad. A lot of football to be played.
Meanwhile Orangeman, a good take on what's really important can be seen in either Derrick's or Deshaun's Heisman interviews. Tons of class and no "###"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Make them pay"?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:26 PM

If you can't figure out what I meant then I'll hold off on wasting the time explaining my previous post to you, bro. I certainly wasn't referring to the players or teams actions....but you'll have to figure it out for yourself, bama boy.

Dec 12, 2015, 11:50 PM [ in reply to "Make them pay"? ]

As a Clemson fan I hope nothing others says will be offensive to anyone...As a Clemson fan we realize there is still a lot of football to be played. Right now we are focused on Oklahoma and we know they are very good. No one knows how much the Heisman means to any player but those that have been nominated. We are proud of Deshaun and feel he was very qualified to receive the award. He didn't... gratulations to your player. I hope Clemson wins and whatever happens will happen. I still say GO TIGERS not to offend, but to support my players.

I believe in my Tigers and I know each of them is a class act. Fans of Clemson let's show the world just what a class act we are. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Dec 13, 2015, 9:57 AM

I hope you are kidding/just being sarcastic. If your are worried about offending someone by cheering loudly, proudly and with an edge then maybe college football isn't for you! "Make them pay" refers to the voters in the Heisman poll....show them up and make them look like they got it blatantly wrong because of there own individual biases. Blast the HeII out of bama and never let up on their back woods/redneck azzes!

Dec 13, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: "Make them pay"? ]

I hope you are kidding/just being sarcastic. If you are worried about offending someone by cheering loudly, proudly and with an edge then maybe college football isn't for you! "Make them pay" refers to the voters in the Heisman poll....show them up and make them look like they got it blatantly wrong because of there own individual biases. Blast the HeII out of bama and never let up on their back woods/redneck azzes!

Dec 13, 2015, 10:11 AM

I apologize for misreading your comment last night, not understanding that the target was the voters not Alabama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: "Make them pay"? ]

As far as the never letting up part, we'll all have to wait and see. Revenge run-ups don't seem to be Dabo's style.

Dec 13, 2015, 10:30 AM

Wouldn't be revenge, it'd be showing them how the two look when the two teams pair up....Clemson allowed Dalvin Cook to get a few big runs in the first quarter. ..totaled 125 yards of his production, but no rushing Tds. The remaining 3, he totaled only 70 yards, each quarter getting less and less. ..4th qtr, he was held to 11 yds. They held ND's Prosise to 50 yards rushing, on a rainy day he was "suppose" to "dominate". Just held Elijah Hood to 71 yards, 1 TD in the ACC-CG. When the team dials it up right, they could easily be a team to really test Henry and see if he deserved it. Then it will be up to Bama to figure out stopping Watson.

Dec 13, 2015, 10:49 AM

Good points, and the teams that give us the most trouble are the dual threat offenses.
I'm proud of Derrick for carrying the load when we lost our other RB and our top WR, and like our chances.but MSU is just as talented, as is OU. Maybe a CU-Bama NC game, maybe not

Dec 13, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to "Make them pay"? ]

You won't recognise this, but were Alabama not in the sec, I seriously doubt they would have moved to # 2 after their loss to a very marginal Ole Miss team. Also, were Derrick Henry, although a great running back, playing on another team, it is doubtful he would have garnered the publicity and continued hype he had poured on him all season. The pundits put him on a pedestal early, and they kept him there right through the voting. I will say that he is a great RB, though, and he has meant a lot to your offense (I think he has been most of it). Of course, I think Watson deserves it more, but we all knew it would be an uphill climb for him. That said, I wouldn't trade places for anything, even though the uphill climb will continue for Clemson. I will say that I was fairly impressed with the acceptance speech Mr. Henry made. He is a good player, and he seems like a good person, too. I know you are proud of him.

Makes since. ESPN gave Henry the most coverage...

Dec 12, 2015, 10:52 PM

If you go to ESPN.com, the only hype video displayed is Henry's. You have to really search deep in the website to find anything on Watson.

Re: Makes since. ESPN gave Henry the most coverage...

Dec 13, 2015, 7:32 AM

Very true. Every story has been Henry , making it a for-gone conclusion that he was just far better. Yesterday at 8:49 while the show was on. I saw a Watson hype video added to ESPN .com in the (now) portion. That was the first I've seen on the main feed. The rest of them you had to go to Clemson's news to find them. Conferences should boycott them. I have. I only get on the free sites of them. Got rid of the TV channel. Stop the flow of money. All we can do.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Dec 12, 2015, 11:33 PM

He is still a Heisman Trophy Winner in my book. Coach Heisman would have been proud of this young man if he was alive today. So Deshaun you are our guy and no one can take that from you. Offensive all of you will show the country who Clemson is and you will help Deshaun to show everyone that we have a great young man as quarterback. You are the Clemson offense and all of you will protect and will open holes up for all our players. Watch the films and learn what you guys can do to give Clemson the win on New Year's Eve. Defense you will show them that you can and do play all 4 quarters and that you are still a great defense. Special Teams I believe in you...study the films and see how they try to get their players to get you away from their guys who is running the ball. FOCUS TIGERS!!!!!! Study, play hard and mostly just have fun and things will work
out.

BELIEVE AND EXECUTE AND BE THE TEAM AT THE END OF THE GAME.

Dec 12, 2015, 11:46 PM

Classy post about a classy player. I only knew part of his story before seeing it on the program tonight.

Dec 12, 2015, 11:59 PM

There is one thing that DW4 can do that will let the voters know they don't know jack sh!t about Football, or the young men that play the game at the college level. That is to beat the h&ll out of Bama in the biggest most watched game in all of college FB, the National Championship game. And in his post game interview, tell the media that he may not be a Heisman winner, but he and his team are the only 15-0 Nation Championship winners in college history. Then advise the media, that he would Never Speak another word to a media member for the rest of his Clemson FB career, and don't!!! They kiss his A$S to his face, then talk down against him behind his back....

Dec 13, 2015, 12:19 AM

History is on your side, as many Heisman winners don't win the bowl game. But at this point, I'm not sure Alabama makes it to the NC game. 50/50 for us to get past another dual threat QB and solid D in Michigan State. A lot of football to be played.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic