Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching the TAMU spring game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Watching the TAMU spring game...

Jun 9, 2019, 12:42 PM

Not exactly inspiring a lot of fear in me. We’re decisively better on both sides of the ball. Can’t wait for a “leave no doubt” performance against them and Syracuse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching the TAMU spring game...

Jun 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

Wrong time of the year for that for us.

We tend to look pretty ragged in September under Dabo. Big reason is that he's playing so many new faces meaningful snaps.

That strategy pays off huge towards the end of the season and especially the playoffs, when everybody else is a MASH unit with a bunch of beat-up guys, but it does mean we usually look pretty durn clunky to start out with...whereupon the Talking Heads always over-react and start talking about how vulnerable Clemson looks and how awesome Alabama is because they're crushing outmanned teams by 50...and they then elevate Alabama and whatever other flavors of the month peak in September over our heads in the polls.

Long story short, bet the under against A&M. Seriously. We'll get it done, but history tells us we don't win beauty contests in September.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I just saw of their defense

Jun 9, 2019, 1:24 PM

A seasoned Trevor Lawrence will shred that team. And there’s no stinking way that Mond comes into Death Valley with the same horseshoe up his #### that he had in college station last year.
If you wanna bet on something, bet on this - our offense won’t put up a big goose egg in the 4th quarter this season. We cover and then some.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Jimbo Fisher. He knows how to gameplan.***

Jun 9, 2019, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He won't have all of the advantages he had last year either***

Jun 9, 2019, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The TAMU game was close last year because we didn't really

Jun 9, 2019, 2:21 PM

have any meaningful game tape on TAMU (only 1 game film of a TAMU beating a cupcake) under their new regime. Combine the lack of tape with absolutely no familiarity of their players in their new offensive/defensive schemes and TAMU had a distinct advantage. My understanding is that we were doing a lot of "on the fly" changes to our gameplan as the game progressed. Add to that the difficulty of playing in College Station and it is no surprise that TAMU was a close game last year.

This year will be a different story as we will have a seasons worth of meaningful film on TAMU (to include personal experience on how they attacked us last year) plus the Death Valley advantage. TAMU is a very talented team but we should not have nearly the number of TAMU unknowns going into this game as we did in 2018 and I expect this to be a hard fought game but one Clemson wins without chewing my nails to the bone...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The TAMU game was close last year because we didn't really

Jun 9, 2019, 3:06 PM

I like Clemson games that I don't have to chew my nails to the bone - tabby !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 9, 2019, 3:36 PM

I agree with the narrative Dabo's teams tend to be raggedy early in the season. I'm concerned about the Aggies coming in and playing one of their best games of the year against our rebuilt defense.

On the other hand, our offense returns virtually intact and should overwhelm them.

Jun 9, 2019, 5:18 PM

TAMU no longer has Trayveon Williams and their All-American tight end from last year. Missing a few pieces off their defense also. Clemson is simply better.

Jun 9, 2019, 7:27 PM

No doubt. On paper, this should be a 3-4 TD win with plenty of scrub time.

But Kellen Monde is a talented and dangerous player who now has one year under his belt with Jimbo. He's the kind of guy who can take advantage of a defense that hasn't found itself.

If history is ay indication, there will be a stinker game this season and I don't want to be against the Aggies. They may be the toughest team on the schedule.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic