Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watched the shortened Sugar Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Watched the shortened Sugar Bowl

Jul 21, 2018, 10:43 AM

last night. It was the first time I had revisited the loss, and I came away with some thoughts. My initial reaction was that KB and the Oline lost that game. After further review I feel that KB played well enough for us to win, and the lack of blocking by the backs, TE, and receivers contributed to the success of Bama's defense. I also had forgotten about Cain's mess up that led to one of the turn overs. The ref's let the Bama defenders hang on our receivers all night which neutralized Hunter for most of the game. I still think that Bama played a more complete game, but we did have an opportunity to win. Glad I watched it, and now ready to move on to the new season.
42 days ans counting!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ YeP we lost and what you saw was correct..

Jul 21, 2018, 11:44 AM

and Maybe we could have contended better & made it close..but i’m not so sure since Clemson Team & Coaches just didn't seem to be at top of their game for some reason..

and maybe it was a rested, determined & out for blood Bama Team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the shortened Sugar Bowl

Jul 21, 2018, 12:24 PM

KB,Cain and RT lost the game. Mainly offense. Alabama attacked. Bama offense attacked the edge on the defense. Offense very bad. 2 field goals. Like 2 or 3 downfield passes. Could not spread bama out.

Message was edited by: Sportsfan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watched the shortened Sugar Bowl

Jul 21, 2018, 12:40 PM

And you can tell bama had almost 3 weeks of rest too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well i think the following was largely a KB/OL issue

Jul 21, 2018, 1:53 PM

Prior to the back to back INTs we only attempted 5 passes that traveled 10 or more yards beyond the LOS. I guess you can choose where to place the blame whether it was KB not feeling confident enough to make the throws, the OL not protecting him long enough to do so, the WRs not getting separation down the field, or Scott not feeling confident enough to call the plays because of these issues, but the fact remains that we did very, very little to even attempt to stretch the field and back some defenders out of the box.

This is every drop back leading up to the back-to-back INTs (first 36 minutes of the game). Distances are how far the ball traveled beyond the LOS.

-(2nd and 10) Screen complete to RRM for 3 yards
-(3rd and 7) 7 yard curl incomplete to Renfrow at the sticks
-(3rd and 7) Short slant over the middle to Renfrow tipped at the line
-(2nd and 13) Screen to RRM for -3 yards
-(3rd and 16) 15 yard pass dropped at the sticks by Cain (this was a nice play by KB to escape pressure and throw on the run)
-(1st and 10) sack
-(2nd and 8) 5 yard incompletion to Renfrow
-(3rd and 8) 13 yard completion to Cain but pretty close to being intercepted
-(2nd and 9) 5 yards complete to Cain
-(1st and 10) sack
-(3rd and 9) 27 yards incomplete to Higgins at the goal line. Play was there a LB came in free and crushed KB in the ribs as he tried to throw
-(1st and 10) 14 yards complete to Rodgers
-(2nd and 6) screen for no gain
-(3rd and 6) throw away under pressure
----END of 1st half----
-(3rd and 15) sack (this is the drive we got the turnover deep in Bama territory)
-(1st and 10) 9 yards back shoulder to Cain complete (Saban screaming furiously on the sideline for OPI lol)
-(1st and 10) 30 yard throw incomplete down the sideline (nice play by the DB to knock it out on the way down)

So we attempted 5 throws of 10+ yards and just 2 throws of 20+ yards in the first 36 minutes (60% of the game). That's definitely not the blueprint for beating an Alabama defense and certainly not how we attacked them in 2015 and 2016 with Watson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think I could watch it again, I have acid reflux

Jul 21, 2018, 3:28 PM

Just thinking about it.

I agree with a lot of your take. I think we really needed to come out and play against our tendencies.

UGA had the right idea coming out with the quick passing game to keep Bama defense from attacking like they did to us. It warmed my heart when UGaY o coordinator bumped his head at halftime and went away from the game plan that was so successful in the first half.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I meant Elliott not Scott btw***

Jul 21, 2018, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Well i think the following was largely a KB/OL issue ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic