Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was expecting more commitments this wknd..flop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Was expecting more commitments this wknd..flop

Apr 7, 2019, 4:49 PM

All of this talk about big time commitment weekend and I am thrilled with Mickens!!! But I was imagining a greater number of blue chips would have made public decisions... am I the only one was led from postings this week to expect more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was expecting more commitments this wknd..flop

Apr 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

Most will be deciding in the next month or two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:00 PM

Don't know if you spend any time on Tiger Illustrated (Larry Williams & Paul Strelow), but they predicted exactly what happened. The Blue chips will fall between next week and the Cook-out. Not to worry, lots of 5*s on the way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:03 PM

Same here. I kept refreshing tnet yesterday to see if anyone besides Mickens committed. Most Clemson websites were saying that this was going to be a big recruiting weekend in terms of commitments so we’re not wrong in expecting it. I know Dabo tells guys to wait and take all of their visits first so maybe a couple of guys did want to commit but dabo told them to wait. We’re also recruiting a lot of high caliber recruits this cycle and most guys that talented wait a while to commit.

Apr 7, 2019, 5:08 PM

I feel sure there were a few silents made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:31 PM

^^^^^^^^

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Was expecting more commitments this wknd..flop ]

2000® said:

I feel sure there were a few silents made.

True, I made a silent in tunnel C. No one had a clue it was me.

Apr 7, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Was expecting more commitments this wknd..flop ]

If by “most Clemson websites,” you mean a few glory hungry chat room posters, then you are correct. Unless David Hood reports it, most of us should be disinclined to believe it.

I was a touch disappointed too but those are my hopes

Apr 7, 2019, 5:08 PM

And expectations and don’t match with reality. The blue chips bring about a different recruiting process, especially as far as timing. They hold a little more bargaining power and while I’m not suggesting Dabo would let them dictate everything I think they are less likely in general to commit super early. I would love for DJ to commit soon so that some of the other pieces may fall into place. Showing that we have a legit passer for the WRs etc. excited about the position we will be in on the line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:09 PM

There were a ton of schools that had spring games yesterday. Don’t recall any big time commitments except for Mickens. Lots of disappointed fan bases today. As fans we want instant gratification and become too impatient with the recruiting process. It’s a sign of our times. Just relax. We’ll Get our share of blue chippers.

Also, we have way too many anonymous posters on here with their “inside sources” that heighten people’s expectations. Just don’t pay them any attention. Check the front page for factual recruiting news. Don’t rely on this forum.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:17 PM

We are spoiled, I was expecting more also, but I'm also excited with Mickens commitment!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 5:25 PM

This is what is wrong with college sports. Instead of waiting for something to actually happen we set an arbitrary expectation and are disappointed if it does not happen. By all accounts the weekend was a huge success and will pay dividends once this class is secured. Keep in mind we are no longer chasing three star guys who feel the need to secure a spot. We are after guys who are oversign worthy for any program. From what I can tell we are still on track to sign what will be a historic class so nothing has changed except we further cemented our position with the desired recruits

Apr 7, 2019, 5:30 PM

I know we are going to have an amazing class, so it doesn't make a difference to me if they went public this weekend.

I didn't know what to expect.

Apr 7, 2019, 5:52 PM

And I was right ??. I knew we had some big names in for a visit, but it was my understanding that most were expected to take other visits and weren't expected to commit. Sounds like we are in great shape with most, however.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 7, 2019, 6:07 PM

Per Twitter Fred Davis is announcing his commitment tomorrow night. High four star corner and strong Clemson lean from Florida.

Many want to make their announcement in front of friends and family.

Apr 7, 2019, 6:38 PM

That's good to hear. Davis or Bowman were the two that I thought might pull the string. Ten and potentially 11 commits already seams pretty good to me.

The word “flop” cannot be used with 100 miles of our Spring Game.

Apr 7, 2019, 6:10 PM

That was a complete success. For Saturday and for years to come.

True, some on here led us to believe that an avalanche of commitments should be expected yesterday but that doesn’t mean those young men aren’t coming. Just that they didn’t make a show of it yesterday.

null

Re: The word “flop” cannot be used with 100 miles of our Spring Game.

Apr 7, 2019, 6:52 PM

You are correct. I was questioning some of the predictions that we would have multiple commitments this weekend- not the success of the publicity or level of recruiting we did this weekend. No one does it better than we do. Clemson did not flop... the predictions and their expectations flopped

lol***

Apr 7, 2019, 6:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can only imagine***

Apr 7, 2019, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 7, 2019, 6:28 PM

While not a public commitment per se, I believe we can count DJ and his family as "all in". I've got a box of "nilla" wafers in my pantry and if I read "nilla" backwards it tells me all I need to know.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 6:52 PM

yep Al Lin an asian guy I went to high school with. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 6:41 PM

You serious? Flop?
SMH.

Apr 7, 2019, 8:00 PM

You know - for me, I have stopped being concerned or worried about recruiting. It is better than I could even predict or expect. Watching these great athletes is just amazing. I'm to the point that I think Dabo & staff could recruit 2-stars and we would still dominate the ACC because of their great coaching abilities.

Posting by whom?

Apr 7, 2019, 8:20 PM

Patience!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No because because TNET is not life betting journalism.

Apr 7, 2019, 9:18 PM

Really everyone should have figured that one out last year.
Hth.

That said.Clemson fans should be enjoying these days, not sulking, or looking for cryptic messages from teenagers to fill their hearts.There is enough positives happening in Clemson to far outweigh any perceived negativity. Just saying.

Go Tigers!!!

You just saw the best sping game in football history

Apr 7, 2019, 9:29 PM

as a two-hour advertisement for Dabo & Co. with a platoon of four and five stars taking it all in and you call it a flop?

By the way, the weekend is over, but the commitments aren't.

You'll see some more soon.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic